10 - Lionel Messi - V6

kollegah

Decent game. Looked tired at the end, tho.

are you a blind turtle?

this was one of the worst matches i ever wintessed from messi.
there was a point where he failed like 3 dribbles in 10 seconds.
if he plays like this in CL, we are doomed

Mitchell1978

are you a blind turtle?

this was one of the worst matches i ever wintessed from messi.
there was a point where he failed like 3 dribbles in 10 seconds.

no it wasn't, not brilliant but more then decent and decisive once again
and there were some good dribbles also, would have scored a wonder goal at the end of the first half if he wasn't stopped after dribbling several players in the box

some people need to stop freaking out whenever he has a game thats less the brilliant

kollegah

no it wasn't, not brilliant but more then decent and decisive once again
and there were some good dribbles also, would have scored a wonder goal at the end of the first half if he wasn't stopped after dribbling several players in the box

some people need to stop freaking out whenever he has a game thats less the brilliant

i dont care about his goals and assists (which were nothing special)
but his dribbling, speed, involvement and positioning were really bad today.
today he really had a CR7 game, score, assist but nothing else

raskolnikov

Somewhere you have this feeling like could he be declining? Speed becoming less, dribbles/passes failing more often, especially since that arm injury. But then he had brilliant moments or even matches like vs Sevilla and shuts everyone up.

Remember, messi usually at his very best from february on wjen he went godmode. Since 2013 psg injury though that has been less godlike though.
Still compared to an average player Messi had good games vs Madrid and today, also from cr7 pov when it cones to output.

Very interesting to see what will happen vs Lyon.
I never believe he doesnt care. Its either he can go all out or he cant. If he cant the following question is: is he tired and unable or declining and unable to go beastmode at will anymore?
He shouldnt be tired since he missed many matches already compared to other years with No jet leg Argentina matches, injuries andthe resting by walking. We should have faith he knows better himself than anyone though.
In Messi we trust.

jairzinho

The ‘walking’ is a concern but I want to believe he is saving his energy as his stamina is not what it used to be. He doesn’t have the stamina he had in his early years and worse he gets little rest.

Altomonte

I am not concerned, He knows what he is doing, paces himself to be ready for CL. In previous years the problem always was playing away after 2 days of rest. Lyon match will be at home after 3 days of rest. Messi will be fine.

eaman

Thought he played better against real last Saturday. Some people think just coz you get an assist and a penalty means you had a better game

Barcilliant

He loses the ball and doesn't even attempt to get it back.

I understand the physical decline but our senior players are too complacent nowadays

FCBfan22

The problem is that you can have one complacement player (Leo). But you absolutely can't have too (Leo and Suarez). At least one of them needs to work harder.

eaman

I understand the physical decline but our senior players are too complacent nowadays

He probably would've tried to get it back in his prime but I think nowadays he knows he needs to conserve game energy and it's up to other players to get it back. Players who are closer to the ball

tacticvarium

I think Busi, Piqué and Alba are still eager to achieve more great things before retirement or leaving Barça but not 100% sure about Messi and Suárez. At least those three don't walk on the pitch even when they are having a bad day.

Home of Barca Fans