10 - Lionel Messi - V6

FCB1987

Banned
Remember when Messi beat Ronaldo to breaking Raul's goal record? Seems so long ago now.

Messi needs to win this competition a few more times to erase the Ronaldo wankfest from recent memory.

If he wins it this year, it would pretty much erase the Ronaldo wankfest on its own because the recency bias would be in his favor and the career numbers would be 5-5 for CLs and 6-5 for Ballon d'Ors so he would be equal or better in total as well.

KingLeo10

If he wins it this year, it would pretty much erase the Ronaldo wankfest on its own because the recency bias would be in his favor and the career numbers would be 5-5 for CLs and 6-5 for Ballon d'Ors so he would be equal or better in total as well.

plus would have have a third treble, barring some disaster in copa final. much easier said than done, though.

FCB1987

Banned
in the past i used to be looking forward to them

These days they re just intercepted again and again

It would work better if we had Dembele or another winger on the right but those switches become a lot less effective now that every attack goes down the left so opponents know what's coming.

If Coutinho gets his shit together, I still believe our best lineup to win the CL would be a 4231 with him and Dembele on the sides, but then we'd have to drop one of Rakitic, Busquets, or Arthur.

KingLeo10

It would work better if we had Dembele or another winger on the right but those switches become a lot less effective now that every attack goes down the left so opponents know what's coming.

If Coutinho gets his shit together, I still believe our best lineup to win the CL would be a 4231 with him and Dembele on the sides, but then we'd have to drop one of Rakitic, Busquets, or Arthur.

we'd get eaten alive with a 2 man midfield. And no, coutinho doesn't have the workrate to drop back into midfield in the defensive phase.

soul24rage

we'd get eaten alive with a 2 man midfield. And no, coutinho doesn't have the workrate to drop back into midfield in the defensive phase.

Instead of Coutinho, I would seriously play Bob in that position. That way we won't get overrun in midfield. Alba already gives us the attacking part we need on the left wing.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Winning the ball back a couple of times at the end there and tracking back. Even more so than Suarez tonight. Not bad. Ice cold pen too that.

Home of Barca Fans