10 - Lionel Messi - V6

Cule4life

The Culest
I'll never understand his fetish for playing every match even before CL matches. Ronaldo rests himself to be in prime condition for CL and Leo walks to "conserve energy". Maybe rest more so you don't have to conserve energy in the first place.

sickstar

I dont care if he walks and has only 3 shots on goal, as long as one of them is the decisive goal that walks us through.

In the end, result is what matters. You may play bad almost the entire game but score two standard goals and get full credit for it (not mentioning the cross). The team win and youre mentioned in the same breath as god. In the same time, you can play really fine but no goal and your team lost, the blame is on you fully.

Or you can walk the entire match and suddenly make a shot from outside the box and goal! Your team win.

I hope its the last.

shadows

I'll never understand his fetish for playing every match even before CL matches. Ronaldo rests himself to be in prime condition for CL and Leo walks to "conserve energy". Maybe rest more so you don't have to conserve energy in the first place.

Think the problem is both with Messi and the coach.. First of all, Messi can bench himself but chooses not to, instead chooses to pace himself....But thats just one problem..But the biggest problem is with the coaches whose only tactic with Messi around has been to use the entire midfield for defensive purposes and all of the 10 players pass to Messi and hope for the best. The problem here is the others are useless creatively that any match he doesnt play, the others dont know what to do anymore... The difference with Ronaldo is that he fits into any system as a complementary striker who depends on others to create and hence can rest whenever required, more so atleast than Messi can... I am not discrediting his efforts, I think Ronaldo has been phenomenal in the Champions league the past few years..He has clearly realized his strengths and limitations and with adequate rest, has found a way which makes use of his talents optimally...

Cule4life

The Culest
Why doesn't Messi look into the eyes of his kids before a CL match so that he's motivated to spend time with them instead of on the pitch in useless matches. :pep:

Ripsta

Messi needs a huge performance tonight, no shying away like he did in Rome.

Ronaldo's record in the competition over the last five years has been nothing short of incredible. His performances in the matches leading up to the final have been on point, and he's destroyed the lead Messi once had over him.

Unless the Champions League ends up back in Barcelona in May, the 'Mr Champions League' is casting a huge doubt over who the GOAT is (whether we think otherwise).

BruceWayne11

Messi needs a huge performance tonight, no shying away like he did in Rome.

Ronaldo's record in the competition over the last five years has been nothing short of incredible. His performances in the matches leading up to the final have been on point, and he's destroyed the lead Messi once had over him.

Unless the Champions League ends up back in Barcelona in May, the 'Mr Champions League' is casting a huge doubt over who the GOAT is (whether we think otherwise).

If you've seen the CL matches, you can see that Messi has been more fired up than in other matches, and I believe he will stay true to what he said at the beginning of the season: That Barca will do everything to bring the CL back to Barcelona. As I said in C.Ronaldo thread, I simply believe Real and Ronaldo found a crazy good and easy strategy of lots of crosses and counter attacks, which is OP in the CL. Ronaldo gets and has gotten a lot of unmarked opportunities at goal this way, which is why he has done so well in recent years. If Messi got as many unmarked chances as Ronaldo has gotten, Messi would do the same or better. It's just that it's easier to defend when you basically ONLY have to worry about balls through the middle. Messi usually has to get through a lot of defenders to even get a shot in the CL, in recent years. Messi is much better than Ronaldo overall, but Ronaldo and Real found an OP tactic for the CL.

Andresito

Staff member
giphy.gif

It is time.

kollegah

He might need it the way the cunts in the media are yet again making out penaldo is gods gift to football.

No i analyzed social media channels and newspapers, also read some polls.

People calmed down after realizing Ronaldos performance was not special besides the 2nd header.
Messi is still seen as best footballer wolrdwide

Home of Barca Fans