10 - Lionel Messi - V6

Saladin

Dont think they will park the bus at home. They are not suited for that, epscially not under OgS. They will play like us. More or less. Mildly offensive but still pragmatic.

I'm not so sure; OGS is of the norwegian school of thought that is more often pragmatic on the side of one-dimensional 'defensive' reactionary football, implemented by the likes of Egil 'Drillo' Olsen (former Norwegian NT coach).

We saw in their second leg against PSG that they are perfectly capable of 'parking' the bus, laying back and waiting for counter opportunities. The defense is actually improved significantly under OGS who, unlike Mourinho, instill confidence in his players rather than shit on them in public (Lindelof and Phil Johnes were both nervous wrecks week in week out and Chris Smalling has improved significantly since OGS took the reigns).

Man Utd should not be underestimated; we were lucky to go through against Lyon - At 2-1 we had 10-15 mins of unstable minutes due to the complacent laissez-faire mentality of our players after we went up by two goals. We are too sure of ourselves as soon as the results are in our favour, but we rarely kill off the games before we are pushed to do so (more often than not by a stupid defensive brainfart; goal conceded, back to square one).

The two steps forward and one step back can be toxic in a CL QF over 180 minutes, especially if Leo continues his 11 (!) run streak - If it does not come from him, we are fucked in the ass, since Suarez has scored zero goals now in a gazillion years (in CL) and Coutinho has the spine of a jellyfish and the confidence of a fat, shy girl. With Valverde still punishing Malcom for being the boards acquisition and Dembouz out injured, we should be seriously worried about our offensive output.

I hope my worries are put to shame and the following occurs:

1. Leo breaks his weird, uncharacteristic 'record' and scores a couple of braces
2. Suarez shows his former lethalness in front of goal with a goal or two (hopefully a screamer at Old Trafford).
3. Coutinho shows up and puts on a display against his former Premier League rival.
4. Dembouz is ready (really ready this time, fully fit and not rushed) for our second leg, hopefully with Man Utd chasing a result, leaving them vulnerable for counters.
5. Semedo > S. Roberto (who is 12 % better offensively on a good day, but 97.2 % worse defensively)

Havesaks

I'm not so sure; OGS is of the norwegian school of thought that is more often pragmatic on the side of one-dimensional 'defensive' reactionary football, implemented by the likes of Egil 'Drillo' Olsen (former Norwegian NT coach).

We saw in their second leg against PSG that they are perfectly capable of 'parking' the bus, laying back and waiting for counter opportunities. The defense is actually improved significantly under OGS who, unlike Mourinho, instill confidence in his players rather than shit on them in public (Lindelof and Phil Johnes were both nervous wrecks week in week out and Chris Smalling has improved significantly since OGS took the reigns).

Man Utd should not be underestimated; we were lucky to go through against Lyon - At 2-1 we had 10-15 mins of unstable minutes due to the complacent laissez-faire mentality of our players after we went up by two goals. We are too sure of ourselves as soon as the results are in our favour, but we rarely kill off the games before we are pushed to do so (more often than not by a stupid defensive brainfart; goal conceded, back to square one).

The two steps forward and one step back can be toxic in a CL QF over 180 minutes, especially if Leo continues his 11 (!) run streak - If it does not come from him, we are fucked in the ass, since Suarez has scored zero goals now in a gazillion years (in CL) and Coutinho has the spine of a jellyfish and the confidence of a fat, shy girl. With Valverde still punishing Malcom for being the boards acquisition and Dembouz out injured, we should be seriously worried about our offensive output.

1. Leo breaks his weird, uncharacteristic 'record' and scores a couple of braces
2. Suarez shows his former lethalness in front of goal with a goal or two (hopefully a screamer at Old Trafford).
3. Coutinho shows up and puts on a display against his former Premier League rival.
4. Dembouz is ready (really ready this time, fully fit and not rushed) for our second leg, hopefully with Man Utd chasing a result, leaving them vulnerable for counters.
5. Semedo > S. Roberto (who is 12 % better offensively on a good day, but 97.2 % worse defensively)

Sorry, but OGS, isnt from the norwegian school just because he is norwegian. Thats like claiming simeone is from the argentina school, all though we all know he plays italian football. 90 % of his career he played under the wings of alex ferguson who played offensive football. Iirc molde also played offensive football when he was manager - but not that sure again. I didnt watch the game, so i cant be that sure, but i havent met a person or post on the internet saying something else than, united was lucky as one could get. They apparently parked the bus, but they also had 10 players injuried, and playing with several academy players on the field, they had no choice than parking the bus and solely focusing on that contras. In PL they play offensive football a bit like barca. The club has instructed him to play a certain way, and thats what he has been doing in PL. But yes, maybe they will play like they did vs psg in champions league from now on, and they will pull a chelsea 2012 on us - but i wouldnt bet on it. I do think they will play more def. than the first leg vs psg but a lot more off. than the second leg. They will be cautios for sure.

But im actually not worried at all. We will advance easliy, or as easy as it gets in a quarter finale in champions league. If United will "park the bus", then i hope Valverde has instructed the players to go easy on the game from the start and easily work us through. If united were to score a goal in the first 20 minutes, that would be pretty bad. But else i think we are fine. We got the second best draw, and yes, i think ajax would be bigger threat. Their powerplay could do real harm.

80-20 in our favor. But yes, Leo needs to score and break his negative qf-record. And he will. Suarez will play great, and im not to sure about we need dembele for both legs. Coutinho can do the job. Had it been Ajax, then dembele would have been vital for both games.

The only real threat is rashford and Pogba.

Saladin

Sorry, but OGS, isnt from the norwegian school just because he is norwegian. Thats like claiming simeone is from the argentina school, all though we all know he plays italian football. 90 % of his career he played under the wings of alex ferguson who played offensive football. Iirc molde also played offensive football when he was manager - but not that sure again. I didnt watch the game, so i cant be that sure, but i havent met a person or post on the internet saying something else than, united was lucky as one could get. They apparently parked the bus, but they also had 10 players injuried, and playing with several academy players on the field, they had no choice than parking the bus and solely focusing on that contras. In PL they play offensive football a bit like barca. The club has instructed him to play a certain way, and thats what he has been doing in PL. But yes, maybe they will play like they did vs psg in champions league from now on, and they will pull a chelsea 2012 on us - but i wouldnt bet on it. I do think they will play more def. than the first leg vs psg but a lot more off. than the second leg. They will be cautios for sure.

But im actually not worried at all. We will advance easliy, or as easy as it gets in a quarter finale in champions league. If United will "park the bus", then i hope Valverde has instructed the players to go easy on the game from the start and easily work us through. If united were to score a goal in the first 20 minutes, that would be pretty bad. But else i think we are fine. We got the second best draw, and yes, i think ajax would be bigger threat. Their powerplay could do real harm.

80-20 in our favor. But yes, Leo needs to score and break his negative qf-record. And he will. Suarez will play great, and im not to sure about we need dembele for both legs. Coutinho can do the job. Had it been Ajax, then dembele would have been vital for both games.

The only real threat is rashford and Pogba.

Cute strawman; I never claimed OGS was from the norwegian school of thought based on his national background. He displayed his affection for this particular style of play when coaching Molde and also exhibited aptitude in this particular tactical approach in the away game against PSG. I take it by your name that you are a fellow dane. :wave:

Andresito

Staff member
D1zbH5OU4AAx-PZ.jpg:large

Treble confirmed?

Home of Barca Fans