10 - Lionel Messi - V6

Devils

I didn´t see thaht you said that after 3-0 victory.

I didnt comment about Messi being captain at all after that reault.

I just dont think he’s captain material.

Puyol was probably 1000x less talented than Messi but id take him as captain of my team anyday over Messi.

Richard.H

How about Valverde?
How ARG were better in 2014 WC (defensively and coherently); Isn't he the Captain?
If you shout out at the other players nothing would happen if your Manager was so dumb and just reacting to what happens...

To be fair mascherano was the pseudo captain of that 2014 team, yelling at the mids and defenders

malvolio

Yet another year of the GOAT wasted.....

But he's not a leader. A real leader would have a go at that bum Suarez instead of being sentimental and man crushing on him.

that's the problem when you push the armband on to your best performing player, even if he never was the kind of leader to inspire others through his motivational skills. he was never a puyol and never will.

sadly he at least tried, but is surrounded by bums

Richard.H

If he had any sense (or balls), he'd leave. He's 32 in a couple months time, the Club just gave the most despicable manager in the Clubs history a new contract. If he went to City he'd win the CL over and over with Pep in charge.

For personal glory, I think City would suit him very well. However, he cares a lot about Barca to do something like that

xxxxxx

I didnt comment about Messi being captain at all after that reault.

I just dont think he’s captain material.

Puyol was probably 1000x less talented than Messi but id take him as captain of my team anyday over Messi.

Then who should be captain? Pique? Don't make me laugh.

r_sk

To be fair mascherano was the pseudo captain of that 2014 team, yelling at the mids and defenders

So no pseudo Captain for Barca on the pitch tonight?... Mascherano wasn't there on the Pitch for ARG against Croatia?...
How about the loss against Roma last year.... Oh! he was the second Captain after Iniesta?.... or Iniesta too was not a leader?...

Last edited:

Raketa10

Fuck you all with that Ballon d'Or shit! Who gives a fuck about that?! We just got humiliated like never before and you are taking about individual awards?! If last WC and CL proved something it's that this is a TEAM sport and it's about team not about ONE player. Messi is an indisputable GOAT and he had a SUPERB season but he can't do it all alone. I said this many times before he needs to be a PART OF THE TEAM and not a ONE MAN TEAM!

Look at Lpool they destroyed us without their two best players FFS! Now that's a TEAM and that's a FOOTBALL!

Richard.H

So no pseudo Captain for Barca on the pitch tonight?...
How about the loss against Roma last year.... Oh! he was the second Captain after Iniesta?.... or Iniesta too was not a leader?...

Point is mascherano had a big presence in that Argie locker room. Pique and Iniesta are too nice to yell at players and tell them to get their shit together. This club has gotten too big for itself. Too many big personalities. We don’t have a Puyol who will slap these players when needed.

Devils

Then who should be captain? Pique? Don't make me laugh.

The captaincy at FC Barcelona is a lost cause.

You’re looking at a club that made Messi, Pique, Busi and ROBERTO captain.

To answer your question, no, there isnt a single player who is worthy of a leadership armband.

The last one who was worthy was Xavi.

No surprise we won a treble when we had a leader as manager (Lucho) and a leader as Team Captain (Xavi)

DHorozov

Best player of all time. But his leadership is not there. Goes into his own shell when nights like this happen, was almost like watching thr Croatia and Roma games in repeat. Wish he could have a go at his teammates more often.

I have questioned his leadership (and still does), but it is not about that anymore. Just imagine how much he needs to handle any given minute after fuck ups from Barca and Argentina (which unfortunately happens often recently) and everything goes to his shoulder every time. And, related to Barca, what about players that had won everything like Pique, Busquets, Alba, etc... I mean, at least they need to try and put some of the weight off his shoulder.

I would agree that in the last ten minutes he was not there, but ffs, he did more than necessary for the previous 170 minutes for us to score at least 5 times, which, if it is not enough for a final, then the leader of the squad is not your problem...

He has received so much sh-- related to Barca and Argentina that it is just questionable how he still cares anymore... it is always his mistake... just imagine how he feels given that these are his two beloved club/country...

Last edited:

r_sk

Point is mascherano had a big presence in that Argie locker room. Pique and Iniesta are too nice to yell at players and tell them to get their shit together. This club has gotten too big for itself. Too many big personalities. We don’t have a Puyol who will slap these players when needed.

I don't agree; Mascherano was there against Croatia too...
If your coach was so dumb and couldn't do any change when your team is getting outplayed... No leader on the pitch would save that.
How about Casillas for Spain?... Portugal won EURO due to leadership qualities of CR on the side lines?..... France in EURO and WC?... Lorris?...

Home of Barca Fans