10 - Lionel Messi - V6

Arizona Scott

Dudes Messi is why we had a chance in that tie, he isn't why we allowed 4 goals. Further a domestic double (assuming we win Copa) and semi's appearance can't be seen as a team failure. You can ask the Madrid Clubs, Juv, and PSG what a real failed season smells like. The main narrative for today coming out of papers/sites is Klopp and his boys smashed the whole Barca team and that Messi needs better players/manager around him.

If Liverpool wins the CL, which I think it will, it will be between Messi and VVD. If Salah or Mane gets a hat trick in the finals they could be in the mix--maybe split votes from each other.

In a case like this I think it come down to summer (Messi in Copa and VVD in Nations league or whatever for the Dutch) and fall--I would still favor Messi for BdO with Golden Boot, 2 trophies, best attacking player Europe, some great CL performances, etc.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
I guess ending tie in the Camp Nou with his two goals and creating several chances in the last game isn't enough for some people not to shit on him. Pathetic bunch.

MessiTBE

Banned
Dudes Messi is why we had a chance in that tie, he isn't why we allowed 4 goals. Further a domestic double (assuming we win Copa) and semi's appearance can't be seen as a team failure. You can ask the Madrid Clubs, Juv, and PSG what a real failed season smells like. The main narrative for today coming out of papers/sites is Klopp and his boys smashed the whole Barca team and that Messi needs better players/manager around him.

If Liverpool wins the CL, which I think it will, it will be between Messi and VVD. If Salah or Mane gets a hat trick in the finals they could be in the mix--maybe split votes from each other.

In a case like this I think it come down to summer (Messi in Copa and VVD in Nations league or whatever for the Dutch) and fall--I would still favor Messi for BdO with Golden Boot, 2 trophies, best attacking player Europe, some great CL performances, etc.

It will come down to the summer and if you have watched my national team then you will know we completely suck. It is the worst Argentina team in many years. We will get humiliated in the copa America.

Barcilliant

Man, WHO GIVES A FUCK ABOUT MESSI BALON DOR.?

OUR team got smashed and people are wondering about individual awards?Wtf?

This is part of the problem. The last manager to stand up to Messi won a treble. When he became soft we went downhill quick.

Arizona Scott

It is just part of reflection about something other than the lost night and semi exit. In line with domestic double in year--which is good, our manager and players got badly out worked and prepared for (bad). ISn't the worst--just look a Real. I dont think contemplating messi awards cuts against where improvements need to be made to thr squad. Messi has been glorious for the club this year and that can be appreciated even on a bad team performance one night of one very important tournament often decided in a few moments.

Last edited:

FCB1987

Banned
Man, WHO GIVES A FUCK ABOUT MESSI BALON DOR.?

OUR team got smashed and people are wondering about individual awards?Wtf?

This is part of the problem. The last manager to stand up to Messi won a treble. When he became soft we went downhill quick.

Other than a sumner overhaul, Messi winning Ballon d'Or and Copa are all that's left to hope for until next spring.

FCBfan22

I hope that he realises now that he has no chance of lifting a CL trophy as a captain with Cuckverde, Fatass and his other buddies and wants changes.

Laplacian

He also doesn't have a chance if he keeps unbalancing the team to maintain his playstyle. He needs to press, he needs to run, and he needs to be the one on the end of passes, he shouldn't be the one taking them. Plenty of players can playmake, none of them can finish the way he does. Using him the way we do is a tactical waste. Get a creative midfield and make him play as a forward. Enough of the hollywood passing bs.

Raketa10

He also doesn't have a chance if he keeps unbalancing the team to maintain his playstyle. He needs to press, he needs to run, and he needs to be the one on the end of passes, he shouldn't be the one taking them. Plenty of players can playmake, none of them can finish the way he does. Using him the way we do is a tactical waste. Get a creative midfield and make him play as a forward. Enough of the hollywood passing bs.

To be fair there is no one he can pass to in this team.

Laplacian

To be fair there is no one he can pass to in this team.

Maybe the board should have seen the writing on the wall and spent their 300m on creative midfielders? They were available. The 160m they spent on Coutinho is worth at least two top class midfielders. Yet they spent it on a guy that's never played in a pure no. 8 position in his entire career.

Home of Barca Fans