10 - Lionel Messi - V6

Mitchell1978

I didn't sleep at all tonight, can't even imagine how devastated he is, and next month he'll get another huge blow with NT, another massive shitstorm from Argentinians that already can't see him. Messi will start next season in the worst possible way, right now I really don't care about balon d'or, there is something more worrying, this streak of heartbreaking def. could definitely affect him: the fire, the passion, the motivation will still there? I really don't know, let's be clear, this is the most wasted season ever for an all time great.

Similar things were said after last years world cup and he came back in great form which he has maintained for most of the season.

And it might feel this way right now but seeing what he has done again this year this isn't a wasted season for shure, its still a great season for him individually but with a very bitter after taste.

Rory

Maybe this is a good thing for the long term future. Valverde and players who simply aren't up to the standard will be gotten rid of a lot quicker than if we won a treble. Obviously I wanted us to win the treble even if it means playing the most ugly football because I want us to win everything. However, it's been clear for a while the football we're playing isn't enough to beat the top guys. Let's not kid ourselves with the home result. Mane missed a good chance, Salah hit the post, Milner had a shot from the edge of the box where anywhere but straight at the keeper and it's a goal, we were massively lucky in that leg. And that's the thing with valverde and his philosophy and team selection, it relies too much on opponents not taking chances, too much on what the opponent is and what they will do as opposed to being optimistic about the abilities of his own players. You put arthur in the lineup instead of rakitic/vidal or even busquets and yes you slightly decrease defensive stability (lacking against liverpool of course but I'm talking generally) but you gain the ability to potentially control the flow of the game, and if the opponent doesn't have the ball there's nothing to defend against. Messi didn't have the best game but to see this as his fault even when referring to leadership qualities is totally missing the systemic issues of the way we set out to play.

eaman

he maybe created chances, but failed to score when he had the chance. his team mates were awful indeed with Alba the worst but Lionel Messi is the captain of this team and he was just walking and staring others instead of giving any orders or shout at them. And that makes me go crazy really, you are losing and no emotions at all to fight back, wtf is that! the team lacks personality and a true leader.

I don't remember him having any clear chances. There was one near the end where the angle was tight and he tried to score at the near post but that wasn't a clear chance

Similar things were said after last years world cup and he came back in great form which he has maintained for most of the season.

And it might feel this way right now but seeing what he has done again this year this isn't a wasted season for shure, its still a great season for him individually but with a very bitter after taste.

This feels different. It's the second year running. He must feel the whole world is against him. Madrid fans, EPL fans, Utd fans, Liverpool and most of all 100m Ronaldo fans are all dishing out vile peurile hate at him right now - thats nearly a billion fans in total if you believe the numbers. But what will hurt him the most will be the cuck Barca fans that have turned on him - at the airport and the ones online who are hailing Ronaldo. I don't want to see him leave but he MUST be strongly thinking about it - it's just not worth the hassle if your own fans are going to be disloyal.

Mitchell1978

This feels different. It's the second year running. He must feel the whole world is against him. Madrid fans, EPL fans, Utd fans, Liverpool and most of all 100m Ronaldo fans are all dishing out vile peurile hate at him right now - thats nearly a billion fans in total if you believe the numbers. But what will hurt him the most will be the cuck Barca fans that have turned on him - at the airport and the ones online who are hailing Ronaldo. I don't want to see him leave but he MUST be strongly thinking about it - it's just not worth the hassle if your own fans are going to be disloyal.

He had heartbreak 3 years in a row with Argentina, i don't think this is different.
Its a huge blow no doubt but he's a competitive guy and i expect he will be untill he retires.

He had heartbreak 3 years in a row with Argentina, i don't think this is different.
Its a huge blow no doubt but he's a competitive guy and i expect he will be untill he retires.

Argentina is a different animal, he's not won them anything so the criticism is 100 times easier to take. I've studied a lot on Aspergers Syndrome and Messi is an absolute classic case, so I feel I know his characteristics defined by the disability pretty well and every time he acts, he acts in a classic Aspy way. Disloyalty is something that will KILL HIM inside - I'm not surprised at all he confronted those fans. And he will obsess about that disloyalty and that disloyalty will be the sole focus of his attention and in his mind it will cloud over the many loyal fans he has.

Raketa10

I fell sooo sad for him but he is a captain so he has to come out and say something. This was probably one of the best individual seasons (if not the best) he ever had so that makes things even harder for him. :(

That idiot of a manager and his teammates really let him down yesterday. :(

Last edited:

neo_wolf

Im not messi so i dont know what he thinks but i think this loss was probably his fourth most painful loss.

1.world cup final
2.copa america final where he missed a pen in the pen shootout.
3.semi vs chelsea where he missed a pen
4.this loss

Messi has given us more happiness than heartbreak, he will comeback strong again, its just that one man cannot carry a team for the entire season.

cro-man

Poor guy really poor guy. One of the best seasons from him but with that team it was always a gamble. He almost won us cl but saddly he cant save us every day.

Givenchy

Seeing people criticise his work rate but you gotta remember he’s in his 30s now. Neither he or Ronaldo can carry their teams to the extent he’s done in the past... that 3-0 win in the first leg was messi carrying us. The 2nd leg is on our defence and midfield and then ofc the retard squating on the touch line, even with rest there’s only so much you can do.

Look at Pirlo for example. Amazing player but as he got older Juve surrounded him with the right players to get the best out of him, what have Barca surrounded Messi with? Ghostinho and donkey with the slowest midfield on planet earth behind

raskolnikov

Argentina is a different animal, he's not won them anything so the criticism is 100 times easier to take. I've studied a lot on Aspergers Syndrome and Messi is an absolute classic case, so I feel I know his characteristics defined by the disability pretty well and every time he acts, he acts in a classic Aspy way. Disloyalty is something that will KILL HIM inside - I'm not surprised at all he confronted those fans. And he will obsess about that disloyalty and that disloyalty will be the sole focus of his attention and in his mind it will cloud over the many loyal fans he has.
Your really reaching with this wannabee psychistrist shit. Aspergers also have poor balance by the way.

El Barcelona

Blaming Messi is the stupid thing you read at the internet. I can imagine people blame him who only saw him play a few matches a year but some dudes that call themselves Barça fans is ridiculous. The men carried us almost every game this season and the past 14 years ffs.

Richard.H

At the end of the day they are millionaires and go back to their mansions and sleep with their beautiful wives. Us fans have to go back to our miserable lives.

Our squad is the highest paid in Europe. I’m sure Messi and a few others care deeply, but wouldn’t be surprised if cunts like Raki and coutinho don’t.

George_Costanza

He will be ok mentally for the next season if he has a good summer break. Copa America might finish him.

He should skip that jinxed tourny.

Home of Barca Fans