10 - Lionel Messi - V6

Altomonte

Yes, Messi should win, but VVD is more than "one of the Liverpool star players". Together with GK Allison Becker he has turned around the previously weak Liverpool defense. He has been voted best Premier League player, and deservedly so. He definitely is Liverpool's best player. If Liverpool wins the CL final, he should be a candidate for Ballon d'Or, probably the only threat to Messi for this award.

Altomonte

BTW, I just returned from the Getafe match at Camp Nou. Stadium was half full, but Messi remains admired by everyone. He took it easy today, did not exert himself too much but still scored a goal. Spectators then shouted "Messi" for a long time.

CatalinR10

BTW, I just returned from the Getafe match at Camp Nou. Stadium was half full, but Messi remains admired by everyone. He took it easy today, did not exert himself too much but still scored a goal. Spectators then shouted "Messi" for a long time.

it was own goal

FCB1987

Banned
How about carrying Barca to an almost unbeaten run while topping every statistics imagineable ? And what did Salah do last year to warrant a place above while he didnt win shit ?

The ballon d'or is a joke , and I couldnt give a fuck whether he wins it or not.

Salah was behind Messi

Altomonte

it was own goal
That's what you get when you don't watch a match on TV! The stadium board listed Messi and the crowd definitely credited Messi for this goal.
What is it with own goals, why are they getting more popular nowadays, among people supplying statistical data? I remember that Messi was not credited for his Assist against Man Utd because they insisted it was on OG.
Pretty ridiculous!

snowy

Other seniors, wouldn't be surprising as they've grown complacent and accustomed to rest on the laurels of their past feats. As for Leo, he would shine in any team and was, other than Vidal, pretty much the only one trying vs Liv.

Issue is, like many geniuses, he may have surprising limitations, able to perform the impossible but at a loss when it comes to simple, ordinary tasks. Seems like he should be protected against his own niceness. Board gave a chance to Valv after Roma but should've given him the boot soon after, since he'd shown no signs that he could change his ways.

Ditto with the older squads who showed zero fight vs Roma. Crazy that a year later, the exact same was allowed to happen all over again. :wacko:

Givenchy

Leo needs to decide where hes playing next season. playing at RW or 'false' RW which its turned into these days isn't going to work in CL ties against the top clubs, maybe we get away with it in la liga but vs Liverpool etc you cant leave the right side dead with a 'winger' giving zero workrate as we have been doing for 2 seasons now. i think Messi just has shit stamina, not sure its always about him lacking effort

Dembele-Messi-Griezmann a fluid front 3 and i really want to see Dembouz in his prefered position

I watched on TV and heard some whistles when he was on the ball but maybe I am being paranoid. But that was just depressing embarrassing stuff - not only the football - but the crowd and it has been like this way too often even before this awful week. Why is there such a fluctuation in attendances. Why is the singing section in the Gol Nord sometimes full and sometimes empty? When they are not there the game is just dead not matter what happens on the pitch. Even Madrid with their dreadful form has their guys all in dressed in white still turning up every home game - even though I heard a rumour they are paid to be there by Flo.

Leo needs to decide where hes playing next season. playing at RW or 'false' RW which its turned into these days isn't going to work in CL ties against the top clubs, maybe we get away with it in la liga but vs Liverpool etc you cant leave the right side dead with a 'winger' giving zero workrate as we have been doing for 2 seasons now. i think Messi just has shit stamina, not sure its always about him lacking effort

Dembele-Messi-Griezmann a fluid front 3 and i really want to see Dembouz in his prefered position

At one point in the game Pique was on the right wing touchline looking to cross the ball and there was literally nobody within 30 yards of the goal. It was at that moment I thought, Messi can't/doesn't want to play false 9 any more.

He has the right to be angry.
I would be as well.

Getting shat on by everyone and insulted also by his own fans after having played arguably one of the top 3 seasons individually for a player of the last 20 years would make me fuming as well.
At Liverpool, Messi could have sat on the fucking ground for 90 minutes and the team should have still been able to pull it out, if it's true that this team is FC Barcelona and the other players ARE PAID MILLIONS because they supposedly are the best in the world in their role (which they proved they aren't, not even close).

And instead they do blame him?
We were there playing for the CL final just because of him this year, people must realize it in their own heads. Because without Messi this team is nowhere good enough to reach that level.

In Italy, Juventus fans asked C. Ronaldo for forgiveness for being not good enough as a team for him after the CL elimination.
Here instead, many shat on Messi.

Messi had all the fucking rights to run away after the game and not to celebrate.

It's like at Napoli in the eighties fans insulted Maradona after their Coppa Campioni elimination.

Crazy, absolutely fucking crazy.
Don't play with fire, you might get burned...

Agree. It is not his performances why there are some who are upset with him. It's this perceived notion that he controls the team and who plays and manages it. EV and the 'sacred cows' stay because the board is scared to upset Messi. This notion is based on absolutely NO EVIDENCE whatsoever. It's the same notion in the national team. In the World Cup he said in the dressing room to Sampaoli "In front of everyone, tell me one time when I told you this person should play or this person shouldn't" and Sampaoli said nothing. Aguero is his best friend in the national team and he doesn't play. It's all BS and lies and can you imagine from his point off view - it must drive him insane.

Home of Barca Fans