10 - Lionel Messi - V6

Arizona Scott

Vvd has nations league as well. Messi has Copa.

I think it is Messi, unless Liverpool win the CL and Dutch win Nations league and Messi doesn't do anything in Copa. Still at lost has to go for VVD or still Messi's. Lucas Moura has no chance--a couple of shining moments not matter what they stage of an otherwise lackluster season (he is like the Spurs 5th best player at best) never earns it.

Ritchie

I think it is Messi, unless Liverpool win the CL and Dutch win Nations league and Messi doesn't do anything in Copa. Still at lost has to go for VVD or still Messi's. Lucas Moura has no chance--a couple of shining moments not matter what they stage of an otherwise lackluster season (he is like the Spurs 5th best player at best) never earns it.

Copa only counts for Messi if Argentina win it.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Um no. Anyone giving Messi crap is an embarrassment and lacks the dignity of maggot on dog poop, and should go become a fan of whoever wins the CL this year.

Messi is one of the players who played that night which resulted in the most humiliating defeat of our history. He is the captain. I am not saying he personally bear the blame but he along with other players who played that night deserve the wrath of the fans and should be heckled.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
As to the BD, when was the last time a pure defender won the BD?

What is even the basis of VVD winning the BD this year? Just because he is one of Liverpool's star players and he plays for the Dutch NT? Why isn't Salah or Mane but VVD? Who cares about the Nation's League? It is a joke of a tournament. It is not like it is the Euro. Not at all.

RevoTeller

He has the right to be angry.
I would be as well.

Getting shat on by everyone and insulted also by his own fans after having played arguably one of the top 3 seasons individually for a player of the last 20 years would make me fuming as well.
At Liverpool, Messi could have sat on the fucking ground for 90 minutes and the team should have still been able to pull it out, if it's true that this team is FC Barcelona and the other players ARE PAID MILLIONS because they supposedly are the best in the world in their role (which they proved they aren't, not even close).

And instead they do blame him?
We were there playing for the CL final just because of him this year, people must realize it in their own heads. Because without Messi this team is nowhere good enough to reach that level.

In Italy, Juventus fans asked C. Ronaldo for forgiveness for being not good enough as a team for him after the CL elimination.
Here instead, many shat on Messi.

Messi had all the fucking rights to run away after the game and not to celebrate.

It's like at Napoli in the eighties fans insulted Maradona after their Coppa Campioni elimination.

Crazy, absolutely fucking crazy.
Don't play with fire, you might get burned...

Last edited:

mia7007

As to the BD, when was the last time a pure defender won the BD?

What is even the basis of VVD winning the BD this year? Just because he is one of Liverpool's star players and he plays for the Dutch NT? Why isn't Salah or Mane but VVD? Who cares about the Nation's League? It is a joke of a tournament. It is not like it is the Euro. Not at all.
Who said VVD will win BD. Liverpool is a team and not a one man show, there are lot of stars but no super star.
Messi should win BD this year with no competition even, if not this trophy will be ridiculous specially after the comedy of last year

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Who said VVD will win BD. Liverpool is a team and not a one man show, there are lot of stars but no super star.
Messi should win BD this year with no competition even, if not this trophy will be ridiculous specially after the comedy of last year

Agreed. Before the 2nd leg against Liverpool there was nobody mentioning any potential competitor to the BD this year and all of sudden after that debacle VVD's name started being mentioned. It makes no sense.

Regardless of whether Liverpool wins the CL or not, who wins the Copa and the joke called Nations' League or who comes out gun blazing at the start of the 19/20 season, Messi will win the 2019 BD.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He has the right to be angry.
I would be as well.

Getting shat on by everyone and insulted also by his own fans after having played arguably one of the top 3 seasons individually for a player of the last 20 years would make me fuming as well.
At Liverpool, Messi could have sat on the fucking ground for 90 minutes and the team should have still been able to pull it out, if it's true that this team is FC Barcelona and the other players ARE PAID MILLIONS because they supposedly are the best in the world in their role (which they proved they aren't, not even close).

And instead they do blame him?
We were there playing for the CL final just because of him this year, people must realize it in their own heads. Because without Messi this team is nowhere good enough to reach that level.

In Italy, Juventus fans asked C. Ronaldo for forgiveness for being not good enough as a team for him after the CL elimination.
Here instead, many shat on Messi.

Messi had all the fucking rights to run away after the game and not to celebrate.

It's like at Napoli in the eighties fans insulted Maradona after their Coppa Campioni elimination.

Crazy, absolutely fucking crazy.
Don't play with fire, you might get burned...

I don't know what exactly happened at the airport, but were there any Barca fans targeting their insults at Messi personally in particular? I thought they were heckling the whole team.

FCB1987

Banned
I don't know what exactly happened at the airport, but were there any Barca fans targeting their insults at Messi personally in particular? I thought they were heckling the whole team.

I think Messi arrived separately because of doping test, so he was the only one the fans could say something to.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
I had thought Barca fans would not give a single fuck about the Ballon Joke after Messi got placed fifth last year , but here we are.

FCB1987

Banned
I had thought Barca fans would not give a single fuck about the Ballon Joke after Messi got placed fifth last year , but here we are.

I would have had him at least top 3 for sure but it's not the craziest result based on the criteria.

The two main criteria are team and individual performances. The two big competitions last year were the WC and CL. Messi and his teams were both disappointing in both of those competitions, so having him fifth isn't completely out of the ordinary.

This year, he should definitely win it though because he was the best player domestically and in champions league.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
I would have had him at least top 3 for sure but it's not the craziest result based on the criteria.

The two main criteria are team and individual performances. The two big competitions last year were the WC and CL. Messi and his teams were both disappointing in both of those competitions, so having him fifth isn't completely out of the ordinary.

This year, he should definitely win it though because he was the best player domestically and in champions league.

How about carrying Barca to an almost unbeaten run while topping every statistics imagineable ? And what did Salah do last year to warrant a place above while he didnt win shit ?

The ballon d'or is a joke , and I couldnt give a fuck whether he wins it or not.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans