10 - Lionel Messi - V6

Tackle

Only two years left on his contract. Got a terrible feeling he will be gone in 2021 at age 34 to play in Argentina for a year or two before his retirement. I don't see him as the type to try and extend his career at the highest level into his late thirties.

I also raise the question whether it would be best to move on from Leo in a few years? Is a 34+ year old Messi earning 50m going to be worth it? He is already losing motivation to play football and is not a machine like CR7 either.

As long as he is here he will always be the main man and can anyone see a a team built around Leo at that point winning the CL? Would we be better off clearing his wages off the books and rebuilding?

All the blokes on here and on Twitter seem to believe he is going to stay at the club till he is 40 and keep playing at this level forever. These tough questions need to be asked and proper conversations need to be had.

Messigician

Only two years left on his contract. Got a terrible feeling he will be gone in 2021 at age 34 to play in Argentina for a year or two before his retirement. I don't see him as the type to try and extend his career at the highest level into his late thirties.

I also raise the question whether it would be best to move on from Leo in a few years? Is a 34+ year old Messi earning 50m going to be worth it? He is already losing motivation to play football and is not a machine like CR7 either.

As long as he is here he will always be the main man and can anyone see a a team built around Leo at that point winning the CL? Would we be better off clearing his wages off the books and rebuilding?

All the blokes on here and on Twitter seem to believe he is going to stay at the club till he is 40 and keep playing at this level forever. These tough questions need to be asked and proper conversations need to be had.

The state of this post lmao

Respekt_III

Anti-everything

Only way to know would be at the end of his contract period. I think age has already started to catch up with him, We should probably adjust his wages (lower them significantly) and use him sparingly for when he's 34+ if he's willing otherwise I'd agree that it would be best to let him go if he cant maintain his level after the next 2 years and isn;t willing to compromise on $.

raskolnikov

You guys make him way older than he is. He had one of his best seasons and shows almost no decline. No reason to assume he will retire anytime soon. If it does happen its because he would be dissapointed/bored etc rather than physically unable.

clemente

When he was 28 y/o people on /r/soccer said he won't be scoring 50 goals a season no more, 3 years later he is scoring even more

Would like to see him play 1-2 years in Arg at some point, just so he could experience the amazing atmosphere there, which I'm sure being an Argentinian himself he longs for. That's why when he was young he was seen with a Boixos flag, because he loves the fact they make noise in the stadium.

The 'fiesta' on the terraces is almost as important as what happens on the pitch to many Argentines.
That's why when you see Aguero score, sometimes you can tell inside he is thinking 'Come on wtf is this, go a bit more crazy than this, I'm looking stupid here! '

International fanbases aren't the same. I'm biased, but to play at BOCA, he would have the time of his fucking life and experience the real passion of football again with great supporters.

raskolnikov

Would like to see him play 1-2 years in Arg at some point, just so he could experience the amazing atmosphere there, which I'm sure being an Argentinian himself he longs for. That's why when he was young he was seen with a Boixos flag, because he loves the fact they make noise in the stadium.

The 'fiesta' on the terraces is almost as important as what happens on the pitch to many Argentines.
That's why when you see Aguero score, sometimes you can tell inside he is thinking 'Come on wtf is this, go a bit more crazy than this, I'm looking stupid here! '

International fanbases aren't the same. I'm biased, but to play at BOCA, he would have the time of his fucking life and experience the real passion of football again with great supporters.
I cant see it happening though. He is way to family orientated and wont put his kids trough a similair experience by leaving everything behind.

Ripsta

First time in a decade i've no desire to watch a Messi match. For all his talent the team is shit. They're going to be disappointing again and I can't stomach watching him take all the flack as usual.

CatalinR10

Let's hope Messi has an amazing start of the Copa America.

[MENTION=21723]Pedro[/MENTION]

[MENTION=19457]KingLeo10[/MENTION]

[MENTION=17309]Vilarrubi[/MENTION]

[MENTION=22956]FCB1987[/MENTION]

[MENTION=16751]Devils[/MENTION]

Home of Barca Fans