10 - Lionel Messi - V6

Zidane82

Just seen the incident., the other guy , the ever thuggish Medal barged into him four times and then stuck his head in Messi’s face !!
Ref ran up and sent them both off !!

Bollox

LMTR14

Who cares anymore about that bullshit

everybody with a brain.

on topic... dat red card was ridiculous to the max. yellow but never in a lifetime a red for either of em. but hey we all knew south america is the most corrupt continent on earth, so how surprising is it - not at all

El Gato

Villarato!
Just calling you out on ridiculously hot takes man, nothing personal. <3

:valverde2:

:adriano:

<3

Kinda telling that the whole team including coaches and staff are interested in medals as if they're.. you know.. a team? Nah? While the GOAT goes all high, mighty and has a wee meltdown. Poor Leo, ever the outcast among his own.

abbbs97

:adriano:

<3

Kinda telling that the whole team including coaches and staff are interested in medals as if they're.. you know.. a team? Nah? While the GOAT goes all high, mighty and has a wee meltdown. Poor Leo, ever the outcast among his own.

Leo is the captain. He was making a statement by not going there and collecting a mere 3rd place medal. The interview he gave after the match was completely justified and is being applauded by millions of Argentines, as far as I know. He's also said very supportive things about his teammates in the post-match interview.

El Gato

Villarato!
Leo is the captain. He was making a statement by not going there and collecting a mere 3rd place medal. The interview he gave after the match was completely justified and is being applauded by millions of Argentines, as far as I know. He's also said very supportive things about his teammates in the post-match interview.

Undoubtedly quite bold of him to choose to do it, I don't disagree. Who wouldn't love him blowing a gasket for the first time in his life? All the better for everybody else that he's making quite serious accusations driven mostly by emotion. Very mature, adult-like and I'm sure he has whatever he needs to back up his claims!

:pique:

abbbs97

Undoubtedly quite bold of him to choose to do it, I don't disagree. Who wouldn't love him blowing a gasket for the first time in his life? All the better for everybody else that he's making quite serious accusations driven mostly by emotion. Very mature, adult-like and I'm sure he has whatever he needs to back up his claims!

:pique:

You're a Madrid fan so I expect you to be quite biased against all things Messi.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Football is rigged. The Champions League draw and the crazy ref decisions in that tournament tell everything. It even happens with VAR, in many ways it’s worse now.

Let’s not forget the stuff that goes on in domestic leagues to favour big teams.

Potroh

He was making a statement by not going there and collecting a mere 3rd place medal. The interview he gave after the match was completely justified and is being applauded by millions of Argentines, as far as I know.

Yes it was entirely justified, but not because of Argentina, but the entire level of the Copa there.
One simply cannot play real football in such circumstances, awful referees, VAR not working right and the rest of it.
Games became anti-football demonstration in this Copa, where it is almost impossible to actually play the game.

Messi is the captain, so he took the initiative, which is much much more brave and justified at the same time, as if he was showing his captaincy by shouting on the pitch.
Cudos to Messi...

serghei

Pretty idiotic comments for Messi. It's not corruption that makes them play shit on a stick football. They should focus on playing football, because they were fucking terrible to watch in this competition.

KingLeo10

Pretty idiotic comments for Messi. It's not corruption that makes them play shit on a stick football. They should focus on playing football, because they were fucking terrible to watch in this competition.

The red for him was laughable, considering what Medel did. I think that tipped him to come out this strongly.

serghei

Yeah, the fucker should change his style to something suited to a 20s year old because that's where he is in his career.
He came off an incredible season individually and you still come up with shit like running more and playing to the right.
You want Messi? This is what he can do at this point of his career. He is heading for retirement and you want him to act as a youngster. He produces far more than any player around. Others around him should start matching his level and we will be invincible. We should just marvel at his last years and appreciate what he can do.

Sorry man, but it's a delusional post.

The red for him was laughable, considering what Medel did. I think that tipped him to come out this strongly.

Red was rubbish, but so are his comments. Nobody is after his Argentina, because they are doing a good job by themselves to be shit and irrelevant.

serghei

But it's understandable. Frustration makes you say dumb things. Isn't the first one nor will be the last one.

Home of Barca Fans