10 - Lionel Messi - V6

EdmondDantes

Deep down, as unfair as that red card was, it was for the better of Messi's long term career as I wouldn't for a second doubt about the capacity of any of those violent thugs Leo was playing against to deliberately break one of his legs. Especially since that referee had no control of them whatsoever.

kattanib

As a fan I am absolutely grateful for Messi and for all of his contribution to the club, but for some reason I have never connected with him and never even considered owning a jersey with his name. To me I personally connect with Iniesta and Busquets

fergus90

Never a red card in a million years. Messi, in my opinion is no doubt the greatest ever and has every right to be frustrated. But as a captain, he should be going out to collect his medal.

abbbs97

Leo on the red:

"I didn’t collect my medal because we shouldn’t be part of corruption.”
“I don’t have doubts that Brazil will become champion. Everything it set up for them.”
“I think they gave me a red card because of my previous words about this Copa América edition.”

damn he's going all in.

Hardy

Messi likely just ended his career with NT after what he said in the press. He'll be banned for sure for tons of matches.

CatalinR10

Leo on the red:

"I didn’t collect my medal because we shouldn’t be part of corruption.”
“I don’t have doubts that Brazil will become champion. Everything it set up for them.”
“I think they gave me a red card because of my previous words about this Copa América edition.”

damn he's going all in.

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Leo_Messi

Does anyone give a flying fuck? Or am I the only one that does not care about Argentina or how Messi is doing for Argentina or how many Ballon d'Or's he wins or whether most people will consider him as the GOAT or not?

We are the club with the (by far) largest collection of all-time greats, the most numerous and biggest contenders to the GOAT title (if we look past Pelé) and could probably make 3 all-time great 11's and all 3 could compete with the all-time best of any other club's "greatest 11". The club with the most Ballon d'Or winners and that FIFA World Player of the Year award that does not exist anymore. The club with the most European Golden Shoe awards as well.

Messi reaching 4 finals and losing 3 of them due to coin flips is not going to be the difference maker in whether he will be considered as the GOAT or not. Only by simpletons.

EDIT: Absurd red card. Expected from this horrific tournament on every front be it the referring level, state of the pitches, lousy atmosphere at the stadiums or the mediocre level of football exemplified with Peru reaching the final and the supposedly best team (Brazil) being bang average.

Hardy

he lost his mind, this wasn't necessary, with another last tournament to play next year he just killed himself with those statements.

El Gato

Villarato!
Lol Leo. This is up there with Buffon's "trash can for a heart" thing.

He was always a bit of a headcase. Don't blame him, but this is not really virtuous at all since he obviously isn't planning to be back. He's just throwing up middle fingers like a child on his way out after a relatively shit tournament.

KingLeo10

Lol Leo. This is up there with Buffon's "trash can for a heart" thing.

He was always a bit of a headcase. Don't blame him, but this is not really virtuous at all since he obviously isn't planning to be back. He's just throwing up middle fingers like a child on his way out after a relatively shit tournament.

Coming from a supporter of a club with Zidane and Ramos at the helm.

You were always a bit of an opportunistic contrarian.

:mou:

Leo_Messi

he lost his mind, this wasn't necessary, with another last tournament to play next year he just killed himself with those statements.

He is using the C. Ronaldo approach for once.:lol: I remember similar comments in 2012 after we kicked him out of the EURO's and several other examples.

I highly doubt that this will impact his most likely participation next year. I expect him to play at the next World Cup as well.

In any case he did not say anything that was completely outrageous. Everyone that is a bit familiar with CONMEBOL knows that they make the old FIFA guard (current as well for that matter) look like schoolboys when it comes to corruption.

The refeering against Brazil was a disgrace as well as was his sending off tonight.

Great to see a more passionate Messi for once even if a lot of that is frustration at him and successive Argentina teams lacking that final bit of "extra" that could have made his international career a lot more successful on paper and in terms of trophies won.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans