10 - Lionel Messi - V6

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Pep is a serial loser in the CL, which is the only title that has eluded us in recent years. Why would we ever go for him? Also, why would he leave City right now?

When was the last time ancelotti won a champions league? Have you seen how well he performed with bayern and now napoli? No thanks.
Pep would massively improve us and that all I care about right now.

George_Costanza

Pep is a serial loser in the CL

giphy.gif

George_Costanza

Mourinho would even be worse for our youngsters. Say goodbye to Arthur, FDJ, Dembele & cos.

I thought we have learned something from Valverde AKA Mourinho 2.0

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
... You want basically nothing to change and want to appoint a coach that got knocked out by Seville because he done the same thing Valverde done twice against even worse opposition?
Get the fuck outa here

Centauri B

2014 - 5-0 agg. defeat to Real Madrid (Ancelotti)
2015 - 5-2 agg. defeat to Barcelona (Lucho)
2016 - 2-2 agg. defeat to Atletico (Simeone)
2017 - I don't remember the aggregate score, maybe 5-5? but got eliminated by AS Monaco
2018 - 5-1 agg. defeat to Liverpool (even EV did better than that with a worse squad)
2019 - 4-4 agg. defeat to Spurs (Pochettino)

These results with what was by far Germany's best team, as well as England's best team. What do you call that?

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
All coaches are 'bottlers' there are large elements of luck in all cup competitions. Genuinely which coach won't look like a serial bottler or have a lucky streak in the last 5 - 6 years? Is dimateo rated higher cause he lucked out in 2012?

Centauri B

... You want basically nothing to change and want to appoint a coach that got knocked out by Seville because he done the same thing Valverde done twice against even worse opposition?
Get the fuck outa here

Cool down mister! This is just a discussion on a football forum, don't be a child. I know that Mou's results have been disastrous in recent years (you have to admit though, that United's squad makes ours look world class through and through)

The main thought I have, is that we need to build a new team that can demonstrate defensive solidity, character, fighting spirit and even dark arts in getting away results in the CL. We have been getting excellent results in recent years in all settings, except away CL games that have proven a permanent train-wreck for us for years on end. Who on God's green earth can fix this permanent problem for us? Even at our best, we always seemed unable to get anything really good away from home. Only 2014/15 did we perform away from home in the CL, and even in that year, the 3-2 defeat away to Bayern could have been worse. We are f****** desperate.

Centauri B

All coaches are 'bottlers' there are large elements of luck in all cup competitions. Genuinely which coach won't look like a serial bottler or have a lucky streak in the last 5 - 6 years? Is dimateo rated higher cause he lucked out in 2012?

That's what I have been saying myself for years.

But our worthlessness in away CL games has been too frequent (almost permanent) to be put down to luck. Exactly the same thing (worthlessness in away CL fixtures) applies to Pep, with both us and his subsequent teams.

Arizona Scott

When was the last time ancelotti won a champions league? Have you seen how well he performed with bayern and now napoli? No thanks.
Pep would massively improve us and that all I care about right now.

Pep has spent years and unlimited budget to construct the team he wants, which is the best and deepest in Europe. He isn't leaving to rebuild.

Who do you suggest that are realistic? That takes off Pep, Klopp & Zidane--anyone else is conceivable but not those 3.

Centauri B

[MENTION=23413]Respekt_III[/MENTION]

The last time Ancelotti won the CL was in 2014, 3 years more recently than Pep's last time. He has also won it more times.

Jamezdin

[MENTION=23413]Respekt_III[/MENTION]

The last time Ancelotti won the CL was in 2014, 3 years more recently than Pep's last time. He has also won it more times.

He also more or less guarantees not winning the league, and was unceremoniously booted out from Bayern last season. Another coach who would just keep playing the starting XI until he runs it in the ground.

Centauri B

He also more or less guarantees not winning the league, and was unceremoniously booted out from Bayern last season. Another coach who would just keep playing the starting XI until he runs it in the ground.

League titles are not missing for either the club or Messi. Our wants are elsewhere.

Jamezdin

League titles are not missing for either the club or Messi. Our wants are elsewhere.

That's the exact thing, considering his atrocious league record he needs to more or less guarantee winning the CL...He certainly doesn't, so there's no point. He'd probably be happy enough to continue fielding all the over the hill players while a ruthless clearout is needed.

SG-7

One thing is pretty fking clear at the moment. We as fans need to get behind the captain. This should be evident from the start of the next game. Supporting him when things are going well and shitting on him when things aren't (even when he gave it all?!?!) is despicable and shouldn't ever be part of this fan base. Let the closet gaynaldo fanboys have their fun. He's not going to be winning any individual awards anytime soon so this is all they have.

In saying that the contrast to this is asking for valverde to be sacked. Even if he has another year left on his contract. You cannot walk into the champions league again with him as a leader. All confidence has been lost and theres no coming back from this one.

Home of Barca Fans