11/12 Lliga: Real Madrid - FC Barcelona 1-3

caseballs89

I thought it was pretty apparent that we changed to 3-4-3 after going one down with Busquets occasionally dropping in to CB.

That's in reply to Birdy on Alves pushing up.

M

Mikau

Does anyone have any post match reactions from the "special one"? I´d like to hear his excuses this time.

Trickykid

Bloody hell. This team gives me a hard-on that just won't quit!

I'm actually grateful to VV for his major fuck up. Before that I was a nervous wreck, but 21 seconds into the game It all changed. From then on until 1-1 I was positively raging. That sort of determined, focused rage that made me shout at the telly, grumble the foulest of curses and punish the couch pillows. I really prefer that to be a jittery, nervous little shit.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
He said something along these lines: "I don't want to take anything away from the opposition, but they were lucky to win"

Reasonus

Does anyone have any post match reactions from the "special one"? I´d like to hear his excuses this time.

"The first-half was balanced, but the goal in second half was pure luck and nothing more. It is not a matter of talent or a failure. Luck plays a part. With the 1-0, we should have gone 2-0 up, which under normal circumstances we would have, because Cristiano [Ronaldo] normally puts the ball inside [the goal]."

"I thought Messi should have been sent off, but until I see him I will not say anything about it."

"We are level on points now but we have a game in hand. If we win at Sevilla [in our next match], we will be the leaders," he maintained. "I think the defeat is a result of what type of game football is."

Trillske

Mourinho approach is pretty obvious.. He is trying to forget his last year's various (either sit back(1-1 bernabeau), or play naive (5-0) or aggressive 3/4 pressure and counter (copa, CL bernabeau)) approaches and now he is clearly trying to make madrid press as high as possible, win balls deep in barcelona's half - or force to mistakes) and convert quickly..
I do not think he is any successful so far though..
It is clearly a failure (shown once more today) to try compete with barcelona, playing only 2 deep-lying mids, one of which was never able of decent defending(alonso)..
On the other hand you might argue that his new approach is to build an attacking madrid, but you know the best possession stat you can get versus barcelona is what he got today (40%).. Maybe madrid fans think that if this team plays more together this stat will rise.. Maybe, but not versus barca - barcelona players have played all their football life together..
You are really down to two options here: either you are saying Barcelona are not supposed to be the best in the world, or you are wrong. Because the thing is that as hated as he is in here, mou is right; luck was the biggest decider in the game. If im forced to choose the best side I´d definatly say it was Barcelona, but it was by an inch.

Given, then, that Barcelona is the best team in the world, getting this close is evidence of doing the right things rather than anything else. Because, with the added momentum of home field advantage, Real shows up on the same level.

I´d argue they actually compensated quite well as a team/unit. On an individual level, Barcelona are still superior. Player by player, Real just cant compete yet.

Birdy

I thought it was pretty apparent that we changed to 3-4-3 after going one down with Busquets occasionally dropping in to CB.

That's in reply to Birdy on Alves pushing up.

I dont agree.. The width of the back 4 was maintained.. But it was with Sergio moving back.. When we were in possession he sometimes step up to help move the ball forward or took his place when alves dropped to RB, but i never saw the defenders (with the exception of very few moments) being 3..

I think, to paraphrase your statement, we stayed 4-3-3 with Sergio occassionaly stepping forward when alves returned at the back..

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
You are really down to two options here: either you are saying Barcelona are not supposed to be the best in the world, or you are wrong. Because the thing is that as hated as he is in here, mou is right; luck was the biggest decider in the game. If im forced to choose the best side I´d definatly say it was Barcelona, but it was by an inch.

Given, then, that Barcelona is the best team in the world, getting this close is evidence of doing the right things rather than anything else. Because, with the added momentum of home field advantage, Real shows up on the same level.

I´d argue they actually compensated quite well as a team/unit. On an individual level, Barcelona are still superior. Player by player, Real just cant compete yet.

Luck? In that case our lucky charm was named Cristiano Ronaldo

M

mujtaba147

Real took the lead by a scrappy Valdez mistake - reminder of his old days - but we can forgive him, cauz the last 2 years he has been excellent..

Afterwards, it was obvious that we controlled the middlefield quite easy i would say..
We could penetrate and get into their box, whenever we wanted.. Real's only chance during the whole first half was Ronaldo's mis-shot..
Second half was more of the same, but with real threatening more with some chances, but barca also going all the way to casillas every now and then...

Mourinho approach is pretty obvious.. He is trying to forget his last year's various (either sit back(1-1 bernabeau), or play naive (5-0) or aggressive 3/4 pressure and counter (copa, CL bernabeau)) approaches and now he is clearly trying to make madrid press as high as possible, win balls deep in barcelona's half - or force to mistakes) and convert quickly..
It is clearly a failure (shown once more today) to try compete with barcelona, playing only 2 deep-lying mids, one of which was never able of decent defending(alonso)..
On the other hand you might argue that his new approach is to build an attacking madrid, but you know the best possession stat you can get versus barcelona is what he got today (40%).. Maybe madrid fans think that if this team plays more together this stat will rise.. Maybe, but not versus barca - barcelona players have played all their football life together..

Regarding our team: The worst problem that Madrid has created to us, is the psychological one: getting our players really nervous.. Since last year series, i have noticed this lack of concentration. It was also evident in the Supercopa.. It appeared again today.. I am not referring only to valdez mistake, but is the general tone.. I think that Pep should work on that. Our ability to circulate the ball was never questioned.. They sometimes seem to get overwhelmed and forget the basics..

I still hold that Pepe made a huge mistake with Fabregas (yeah ok he scored..). It was evident that Iniesta was struggling out wide, and at the beginning of the second half -as mentioned by other members - when he tried to come inside and fabregas came out to cover for him, the triangle was clicking again.. Pep should never spoil that again in any serious game..

Alexis is a beast - of stamina and determination. he is a real fighter.. already far ahead of villa.. i liked also the way he moved to CF position and messi came to the right to alternate.. I hope next time we face madrid the AMP will be devastating..
Also, we saw once more why Puyi is our captain and why he will be playing untill 38.. Wise choice that he started over mascherano..
What i didnot like - besides the un-fitting of cesc in the center - was that alves sometimes stayed so high up (second half mainly) that puyol had to shift right and busquets backtracked to fill the CB position.. I never liked busi there and his partnership with Pique..

Well, the league has a long way to go.. Leagues are decided on the basis of what you do with all the other teams and not so much what you do versus your main opponent. Madrid is still better in that sense.. And they can lead again by 3 if they win Sevilla.. We need to improve..

very good analysis.
Veery good indeed
I agreed

Monte-Barça

Ziga-Zagar
Real took the lead by a scrappy Valdez mistake - reminder of his old days - but we can forgive him, cauz the last 2 years he has been excellent..

Afterwards, it was obvious that we controlled the middlefield quite easy i would say..
We could penetrate and get into their box, whenever we wanted.. Real's only chance during the whole first half was Ronaldo's mis-shot..
Second half was more of the same, but with real threatening more with some chances, but barca also going all the way to casillas every now and then...

Regarding our team: The worst problem that Madrid has created to us, is the psychological one: getting our players really nervous.. Since last year series, i have noticed this lack of concentration. It was also evident in the Supercopa.. It appeared again today.. I am not referring only to valdez mistake, but is the general tone.. I think that Pep should work on that. Our ability to circulate the ball was never questioned.. They sometimes seem to get overwhelmed and forget the basics..

I still hold that Pepe made a huge mistake with Fabregas (yeah ok he scored..). It was evident that Iniesta was struggling out wide, and at the beginning of the second half -as mentioned by other members - when he tried to come inside and fabregas came out to cover for him, the triangle was clicking again.. Pep should never spoil that again in any serious game..

Alexis is a beast - of stamina and determination. he is a real fighter.. already far ahead of villa.. i liked also the way he moved to CF position and messi came to the right to alternate.. I hope next time we face madrid the AMP will be devastating..
Also, we saw once more why Puyi is our captain and why he will be playing untill 38.. Wise choice that he started over mascherano..
What i didnot like - besides the un-fitting of cesc in the center - was that alves sometimes stayed so high up (second half mainly) that puyol had to shift right and busquets backtracked to fill the CB position.. I never liked busi there and his partnership with Pique..

Well, the league has a long way to go.. Leagues are decided on the basis of what you do with all the other teams and not so much what you do versus your main opponent. Madrid is still better in that sense.. And they can lead again by 3 if they win Sevilla.. We need to improve..

Very nice summary mate.. Cheers!
To quote you one more time: Alexis is a beast! We got Rooney for ourselves!

Trillske

Luck? In that case our lucky charm was named Cristiano Ronaldo
Hell yeah, Ronaldo was the biggest choker of the game. Im just saying mou is right with that one, just look at the deciding 2-1; thats fotball. Though its a bit ridiculous that he has to point it out to the press. The teams where very closely matched. He could have said just that instead.

M

Mikau

"The first-half was balanced, but the goal in second half was pure luck and nothing more. It is not a matter of talent or a failure. Luck plays a part. With the 1-0, we should have gone 2-0 up, which under normal circumstances we would have, because Cristiano [Ronaldo] normally puts the ball inside [the goal]."

"I thought Messi should have been sent off, but until I see him I will not say anything about it."

"We are level on points now but we have a game in hand. If we win at Sevilla [in our next match], we will be the leaders," he maintained. "I think the defeat is a result of what type of game football is."

Thanks man. He´s maybe right about some of the stuff his saying, but I still think he´s a sore looser. One thing worth mention though, is that he apologized to Tito. That was actually very nice to see, and God forbid; I slightly respect this man a little bit more now.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
article-2072614-0F22168A00000578-665_634x359.jpg

Home of Barca Fans