11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Great, great game by Neygoat. He has developed so much. Second best player in the world, indeed.

NotInHere

I think Ney will become the best in the world soon, maybe in about 2 or 3 years, I'm glad there's a player of his caliber in football right now since guys like him don't come very often, a guy like Hazard is good but Neymar brings somehing else to football.

StarLord

Good one. first off you completely wanked over cesc "completing the trinity" or whatever, second cesc was NEVER closer to xaviesta's level than Hazard to Neymar, this is simply a retarded statement. But keep on calling people stupid mr subtle.

Cesc had the performances and statistics to back his hype up with. It's one thing to claim that Cesc is the next best thing to Xaviesta (with statistics and EPL performances plus Spain NT performances to back it up with) and it is quite another to be claiming that Hazard/Goetze are not just the next best thing to Neymar, but that they are in fact better!

Your attempt at equating the two claims is simply mistaken.

In any case, the gap between Cesc and Xaviesta was never as big as the gap between Neyboy and Hazard

:VdB: Let me read this again since you can't phrase stuff coherently: the gap between cesc and xaviesta is smaller than the gap between Hazard and Neymar ? :mou: And it's always been that way too ? Lol.

Your attempt at equating the two claims is simply mistaken.

:VdB: oh, my attempts, of course :lol:

Cesc had the performances and statistics to back his hype up with.

:VdB:

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Neymar's quality, compared to the rest of the Brazil nt, is much better. At Barça he has players on his level or better than him, that makes a difference. But he has grown a lot during those 2 seasons here.

StarLord

:VdB: Let me read this again since you can't phrase stuff coherently: the gap between cesc and xaviesta is smaller than the gap between Hazard and Neymar ? :mou: And it's always been that way too ? Lol.

:VdB: oh, my attempts, of course :lol:

:VdB:

That is a very coherent post indeed. Congratulations!

So are you saying that Hazard is closer to Neymar than Cesc was to Xaviesta? I humbly (who am I kidding?) disagree. Are you also suggesting that Cesc does not have great stats and performances under his belt? I am not sure, but he is probably the number one assistant in European football for the last several years (if taken as a whole) Did not Cesc play well for Spain NT? Yes, peak Xavi and peak Iniesta were comfortably better than him, but who (outside of Premface-land) has ever argued otherwise? The point about Cesc was that he was probably the next best thing circa 2006-11 (when EPL was mostly top notch) was Catalan, wanted to play for us and was also much younger than Xavi-Iniesta. The truth is also that we never played to his strengths, but it is also true that he came up short of my expectations, on that count, I definitely concede. His second-half-of-the-season performances were quite anonymous in relation to his strong starts.

But all of that is besides the point. My point about Hazard/Goetze lovers vis-a-vis Neymar, was that they preposterously claimed that those two players were in fact better than Neymar! That is a completely different position to assume than my erstwhile position on Cesc.

I am sure that it is isn't too hard for anyone to comprehend.

StarLord

Neymar's quality, compared to the rest of the Brazil nt, is much better. At Barça he has players on his level or better than him, that makes a difference. But he has grown a lot during those 2 seasons here.

We also play Neymar somewhat out of position, which is extremely rational since we have Mr. GOAT. With Brazil, he is of course their best player by far and not only does he play in his preferred role, but he is also the main outlet and at the same time has far more freedom than with us.

Still, Neyboy, as a cog in our machine, has managed to score more goals than any non-Messi Barca player since...forever? Half of them (at least) super-crucial to boot.

serghei

Sanchez is closer to Hazard, than Hazard is to Neymar. When you sit back and you look at the MSN and you realise Barcelona holds 3 of the 4 best players in the world, now that's a sight to behold. Neymar has a fair share of detractors -- granted some of the hate is of his own making -- but the man is one gifted footballer, and I must say he's starting to mature into quite a leader (in fact he's already a leader for Brazil NT). This transfer, with all the scandal and the filthy affairs surrounding it, WAS WORTH IT.

That is a very coherent post indeed. Congratulations!
thank you, try to do the same someday.
So are you saying that Hazard is closer to Neymar than Cesc was to Xaviesta? I humbly (who am I kidding?) disagree.
That's exactly what I am saying. And you are saying that not only is Cesc closer to Xaviesta than Hazard is to Neymar, but that it's always been the case too. Cool stuff.
Are you also suggesting that Cesc does not have great stats and performances under his belt?
I'm laughing at your idea that Cesc's "performances and stats" got him anywhere close to Xaviesta.
I am not sure, but he is probably the number one assistant in European football for the last several years (if taken as a whole)
That would be Messi.
Yes, peak Xavi and peak Iniesta were comfortably better than him, but who (outside of Premface-land) has ever argued otherwise?
By way of logic, you just did, unless you think that Neymar is actually 10 times better than Hazard, which I won't put past your ridiculous bias.

My point about Hazard/Goetze lovers vis-a-vis Neymar, was that they preposterously claimed that those two players were in fact better than Neymar! That is a completely different position to assume than my erstwhile position on Cesc.
Your initial claim was utterly stupid. Backpedalling as you are, you're still putting Hazard and Gotze in the same bracket ffs, 99% would agree that Hazard is much closer to Neymar than he is to Gotze anyway. That's just you: going on your shit crusade to denigrate anyone with a different opinion (not barça fans, fanbois, naysayers, glory hunters, what the fuck is next dalitis ), when you spout so many facepalm worthy bullshit.

Heavy

Sanchez is closer to Hazard, than Hazard is to Neymar. When you sit back and you look at the MSN and you realise Barcelona holds 3 of the 4 best players in the world, now that's a sight to behold.
Ain't it?

It's like Jordan, Kobe Bryant and Shaquille O'neal in the same team, but not just it, they play together for the team!

ceefoo

He has not been named in 2014/15 LFP Liga Team of the Year. :whatever:

Is it any wonder when you consider Barcelona has never had one it's players win the "Player of the Month" award? :rolleyes:

Jadentheman

Sanchez is closer to Hazard, than Hazard is to Neymar. When you sit back and you look at the MSN and you realise Barcelona holds 3 of the 4 best players in the world, now that's a sight to behold. Neymar has a fair share of detractors -- granted some of the hate is of his own making -- but the man is one gifted footballer, and I must say he's starting to mature into quite a leader (in fact he's already a leader for Brazil NT). This transfer, with all the scandal and the filthy affairs surrounding it, WAS WORTH IT.

The one good thing Rosell did :lol:. But I am really really glad as I knew he would be a good fit. It was like a puzzle piece. No other team I can imagine him excelling well with.

serghei

I don't know how much impact Rosell had. Neymar wanted to play for Barca first, it was his option. We came with the money, the part were Rosell and the board deserve credit is them paying up to close the deal IMO, whatever their agenda might have been. It helped that many high profile brazilian players became world stars in Barcelona. Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Romario. A lot of those guys were probably Neymar's idols growing up, and, naturally, he wanted to follow their footsteps. And now he's doing just that, which is great to see.

JamDav1982

I don't know how much impact Rosell had. Neymar wanted to play for Barca first, it was his option. We came with the money, the part were Rosell and the board deserve credit is them paying up to close the deal IMO, whatever their agenda might have been. It helped that many high profile brazilian players became world stars in Barcelona. Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Romario. A lot of those guys were probably Neymar's idols growing up, and, naturally, he wanted to follow their footsteps. And now he's doing just that, which is great to see.

He wanted to play with Real first but Perez fcked it up by acting too arrogant towards him.

Barca gave him a lot more space to make move when he felt right and made him feel more wanted.

They also sent out someone to be there near Neymar at all times.

The way Real and Barca approached the transfer was night and day and thats what won Neymar over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans