11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neymessi

One would get the impression that he has learnt to create plays well.He still needs refining in that.His decision making was bad many times yesterday and he still needs to know how much power must a pass be given.The assist of yesterday,taking nothing away from him,would have been intercepted easily had it been any top team.It was slow as hell.

BerkeleyBernie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUHnuwxStoU

https://youtu.be/xXubLEcA3ro?t=240

Yes, two good over the top balls to a runner. Certainly a good weapon to have, but *not* accurate threaded ground passing, like the Peru assist. My memory of Neymar attempting such passes with Barça is that they are routinely blocked or intercepted, often because he has held the ball too long and the angles narrow, or because his angles weren't terribly accurate. Like Rakitic and Suarez, he still has a long way to go with his carpet passing.

PhilS

He performs at a much higher level with the national team.
I don't think that I've ever seen play like that in Barcelona shirt.

He is at a different level when he is wearing the Brazil shirt. The Brazil team plays a style that suits Neymar better, there are more high-speed attacks. And the national team defenses that Brazil faces are just not as organized as the defenses of the top club teams.

But keep in mind, he has been playing with Brazil for a lot longer than he has been playing for Barca. He is going to keep improving for Barca.

Barcalove

Banned
He performs at a much higher level with the national team.
I don't think that I've ever seen play like that in Barcelona shirt.

He is at a different level when he is wearing the Brazil shirt. The Brazil team plays a style that suits Neymar better, there are more high-speed attacks. And the national team defenses that Brazil faces are just not as organized as the defenses of the top club teams.

But keep in mind, he has been playing with Brazil for a lot longer than he has been playing for Barca. He is going to keep improving for Barca.
The defense that Brazil faces are way better organizated than the teams Barcelona usually face, Messi+ Aguero+ Di maria , all struggled to a crap defence on paper but very organizated , if those players played against PSG for example, they would destroy that defence, just as MSN did.

Dont forget that Argentina draw with Paraguai, Colombia lost to Venezuela and Uruguai barely won against Jamaica ehile being outplayed in many times.

BerkeleyBernie

Remember all the whistles Neymar Jr. got in the Camp Nou for his cheeky sombrero against Athletic Club? Listen to the South American crowd gasp as Ney devastates the Peruvian team with a DOUBLE sombrero!

:coffee: While, of course, he could have made a simple pass to any of his teammates streaking up the field unmarked. Instead, takes the ball backwards into his own half, draws a predictable "professional" foul in a poor position, and kills the counter.

But hey, it's a crowdpleaser...

54.jpg

55.jpg

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
Don't be hating on the kid Berkley. He did good, and sometimes making those defenders suffer is more beneficial than making the "easy pass to continue with the attack". Next time he'll probably have defenders having the sombrero in the back of their minds, giving him another second to make an even better move. Ofc I understand your point, but he's Brazilian, It's not their way of playing football.

BerkeleyBernie

Don't be hating on the kid Berkley. He did good, and sometimes making those defenders suffer is more beneficial than making the "easy pass to continue with the attack". Next time he'll probably have defenders having the sombrero in the back of their minds, giving him another second to make an even better move. Ofc I understand your point, but he's Brazilian, It's not their way of playing football.

Frankly, I don't care how he plays with Brasil, as I've no interest in the current team. I just want his decision-making to improve with Barcelona. I've no problem with tricks, as long as they are a better alternative to other options.

StarLord

thank you, try to do the same someday.

That's exactly what I am saying. And you are saying that not only is Cesc closer to Xaviesta than Hazard is to Neymar, but that it's always been the case too. Cool stuff.

I'm laughing at your idea that Cesc's "performances and stats" got him anywhere close to Xaviesta.

That would be Messi.

By way of logic, you just did, unless you think that Neymar is actually 10 times better than Hazard, which I won't put past your ridiculous bias.

Your initial claim was utterly stupid. Backpedalling as you are, you're still putting Hazard and Gotze in the same bracket ffs, 99% would agree that Hazard is much closer to Neymar than he is to Gotze anyway. That's just you: going on your shit crusade to denigrate anyone with a different opinion (not barça fans, fanbois, naysayers, glory hunters, what the fuck is next dalitis ), when you spout so many facepalm worthy bullshit.

OK, just because you claim something is a sarcastic tone, doesn't make you right. Also, the knowledge that several other member are sympathetic to your cause, give you no extra legitimacy either.

In my opinion, Cesc was closer to Xaviesta, than Hazard (and Goetze, remember, he was part of my initial comment as well) was/is/will ever be to Neymar.

You, as well as a few others may act like Cesc is some average player, but you are simply wrong. For his position he is superior to Hazard who for my money only gets the hype he does because the BPL has a serious lack of star-power at the moment.

Cesc has had several great seasons with Arsenal, and now with Chelsea, plus some great performances for Spain. He has also been a mainstay of Spanish NT for many years now. Hazard has a lot more to prove than Cesc. He has only had some good performances vs BPL fodder and with Belgium he has only shone against Euro-minnows. 40% of his goals are penaldos etc.

No midfielder in recent years compares to Xaviesta, and comparing any one with them and expecting something of similar quality will always result to grave disappointment. My claim (back in 2011) was that Cesc was the next best thing, something that was perfectly rational at the time. You are deliberately trying to wind up a debate over Cesc, as well as drawing a false analogy between my claims over Neymar vs Hazard/Goetze, safe in the knowledge that many members of this forum will take your side on this matter.

If you think that my claim was stupid, then so be it, you have every right to. Likewise, I have every right to believe (and argue) that the claim that Hazard/Goetze were better than Neymar was/is stupid.

StarLord

I think Hazard is closer to Neymar than cesc ever was to Xavi or Iniesta. Cesc was never close to any of those 2, anyway.

Maybe your last sentence is correct, I won't argue. But the first one is definitely mistaken and was never my point in any case. I did not criticize anyone for saying that Hazard (and Goetze) were almost as good, or the next best thing to Neymar. I was critical of the people who repeatedly claimed and insisted that Hazard/Goetze were better players than Neymar.

F

Flavia

Maybe your last sentence is correct, I won't argue. But the first one is definitely mistaken and was never my point in any case. I did not criticize anyone for saying that Hazard (and Goetze) were almost as good, or the next best thing to Neymar. I was critical of the people who repeatedly claimed and insisted that Hazard/Goetze were better players than Neymar.

Some people still claim cr is better than Messi. Hazard plays in the epl, those claims will still endure for a while too.

Height18

:coffee: While, of course, he could have made a simple pass to any of his teammates streaking up the field unmarked. Instead, takes the ball backwards into his own half, draws a predictable "professional" foul in a poor position, and kills the counter.

But hey, it's a crowdpleaser...

54.jpg

55.jpg

And this is why people call you out, creating fake narratives...because as you see they were actually being marked, and not completely alone as the screen shots you purposely picked . And once already in the process of doing the trick the players trailing go towards him instead.

1z18mye.jpg

dcrp8y.jpg

Trying to make it seem like it just a open field of just unmarked men. smh.

Last edited:

StarLord

Some people still claim cr is better than Messi. Hazard plays in the epl, those claims will still endure for a while too.

Unfortunately, you are 100% correct.

I still find people all over who are willing to argue that CR is comparable (or even better) than Messi. It is precisely there and then when I know that the person making the claim is basically clueless about football. I even found people that insisted that Xavi was never anything special (Premfaces) It is these same people (mostly) who have been overly critical of Neymar while at the same time hyping Hazard to the heavens. So yes, some people are biased bordering on brain-washed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans