11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

He wanted to play with Real first but Perez fcked it up by acting too arrogant towards him.

Barca gave him a lot more space to make move when he felt right and made him feel more wanted.

They also sent out someone to be there near Neymar at all times.

The way Real and Barca approached the transfer was night and day and thats what won Neymar over.

There were a lot of rumors both ways, some saying Perez acted in an arrogant manner towards him, some saying that he wanted Barca all along. In the end, each chooses the rumors he/she believes to be true. I think he wanted Barca since the beginning, not at all costs, but his preference with us made the move happen more than the board's ability to seal the deal.

JamDav1982

There were a lot of rumors both ways, some saying Perez acted in an arrogant manner towards him, some saying that he wanted Barca all along. In the end, each chooses the rumors he/she believes to be true. I think he wanted Barca since the beginning, not at all costs, but his preference with us made the move happen more than the board's ability to seal the deal.

I dont think he had even ever spoken to Barcelona up until the point Perez pissed him off. So he wasnt making any push to join.

Can dismiss that as rumours I suppose but it was well documented at time and fits in with the way Neymars situation happened.

serghei

I dont think he had even ever spoken to Barcelona up until the point Perez pissed him off. So he wasnt making any push to join.

Can dismiss that as rumours I suppose but it was well documented at time and fits in with the way Neymars situation happened.

I saw a piece of news from his father, on the ESPN brazil saying his son wanted to come to Barca. Of course, you can say he wanted to come to Barca because he was disappointed with how Madrid treated him, or you could interpret his dad's words as an indication that Neymar was and is a Barca fan. There were also many rumors saying Suarez wanted Barca as well, and I'm sure Barto was not one of the reasons. At least you should concur that in the last decade Barca has been the most important attraction for top players, and not because of the board. It's just that success attracts people. Barcelona is bigger than Real Madrid at the moment, and has been so in the last 20ish years.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

I saw a piece of news from his father, on the ESPN brazil saying his son wanted to come to Barca. Of course, you can say he wanted to come to Barca because he was dissapointed with how Madrid treated him, or you could interpret his dad's words as an indication that Neymar was and is a Barca fan. There were also many rumors saying Suarez wanted Barca as well, and I'm sure Barto was not one of the reasons. At least you should concur that in the last decade Barca has been the most important attraction for top players, and not because of the board. It's just that success attracts people. Barcelona is bigger than Real Madrid at the moment, and has been so in the last 20ish years.

Without a doubt he wanted to come to Barca in the end but originally he had been across to Real and was only ever linked to speaking with them.

Suarez did want Barca also.

What player has the club ever signed that didnt want to come at the point they signed?

serghei

Without a doubt he wanted to come to Barca in the end but originally he had been across to Real and was only ever linked to speaking with them.

Suarez did want Barca also.

What player has the club ever signed that didnt want to come at the point they signed?

That's why I said there were all rumors. Everything that you say or I say is just a rumor. You choose to believe it, or dismiss it. You dismiss some rumors as not true, and you brand others as true. I do the same, only in the opposite way. If you give me news or statements that say he was very close to Madrid before signing with us, I'll probably say those rumors were meant to raise his price even more and make Barca pay up, out of desperation that Real could snitch him. And that would be a perfectly possible explanation.

JamDav1982

That's why I said there were all rumors. Everything that you say or I say is just a rumor. You choose to believe it, or dismiss it. You dismiss some rumors as not true, and you brand others as true. I do the same, only in the opposite way. If you give me news or statements that say he was very close to Madrid before signing with us, I'll probably say those rumors were meant to raise his price even more and make Barca pay up, out of desperation that Real could snitch him.

You think it is rumour that Neymar was across at Real when younger and in contact with them and never Barca before they pissed him off?

How would a rumour that he only wanted to join Barca like you say drive up the price? If anything it makes it easier for Barca and lowers price as it does in every other case.

We will know in future but I would bet anything those stories are true and Real were in pole position at one point.

Heavy

Isn't barca being punished for talking to Neymar before it was allowed?

(punished by FIFA, on the field Barca is the boss :lucho:)

JamDav1982

Isn't barca being punished for talking to Neymar before it was allowed?

(punished by FIFA, on the field Barca is the boss :lucho:)

Not aware of them being punished for that.

Every club going was speaking or trying to speak with him so more than Barca would get done for that.

Heavy

If your computer explodes after clicking the links is not my fault. :)

Not aware of them being punished for that.

Every club going was speaking or trying to speak with him so more than Barca would get done for that.

Saw something about these:

One of the 'stakeholders' involved was investment fund DIS, whose executive director Roberto Moreno has told Catalan radio station RAC1 that he believes Barca broke FIFA rules by paying the €10 million while the player was under contract at Santos.

"Barca recognised that they advanced €10 million when Neymar was a Santos player," Moreno said. "This is a serious breach of FIFA regulations because the player was then under contract at Santos."
http://en.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/210647.html

Barcelona are reported to have already paid €10m as a first instalment for Brazilian talent Neymar, ahead of a total €40m transfer.

Both Barca and Real Madrid have been continually linked with Santos’ latest attacking talent, but Catalan-based publication Sport believe that the Camp Nou outfit have an important advantage.

They and RAC1 allege that Barcelona have a pre-contract agreement signed with the player and his club, with proof apparently coming in the shape of the club’s annual dossier.

In the financial section of this, it is reported that the club list an advanced payment of €10m ahead of a ‘firm commitment’ of €40m for an unnamed player. Sport and RAC1 believe that this player is Neymar, for the valuation generally matching that reported towards him.

“As of June 30, 2012 the club has a firm commitment to a long-term payment of €40m. In relation to this commitment, the club has already paid €10m, which has been registered under ‘intangible sporting assets’, dated June 30, 2012,” reads the quote being used from this dossier.

RAC1 follow this up with further ‘proof’, in the form of a record of a medical test purportedly belonging to Neymar.

Reports earlier this week alleged that Neymar faces a penalty of €80m if he does not honour a pre-contract agreement signed with Barca.
^^^complete info from the page
http://www.football-espana.net/25410/barca’s-€10m-deposit-neymar

JamDav1982

All that is well known and is different form just speaking to him!

I doubt Barca will get done for any of that but you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans