11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heavy

It should of never left Thiago in the first place. I was on record saying Neymar isn't ready to be a captain yet. He leads by example and can handle pressure but he is not a leader IMO. The nonsense he pulled tonight no leader should do.

He deserved that red card at the end. Now, he gone for 2 games instead of 1.
There is no decent leaders in this squad, he just gave Neymar because he has to do everything and to try to teach him to be more of a leader in the future.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Practically everything barring national team consistency, positioning for goals and finishing itself. But anyway.

Being the main man on the team. What Hazard does as the main man at Chelsea is what Neymar does better as the main man for Brazil.

Neymar don't have the luxury Hazard has at Chelsea. Hazard has been so bad as a support player for Belgium while we all know Neymar's record as that in Barca.

It doesn't matter how much better Hazard is in people's heads when he can't perform better and when the going gets tough.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
popcorn.gif

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
That is one of his biggest weaknesses. When his emotions get the better of him.
Bad games can and will happen but the outburst at the end was just stupid. I hope he learns from such an experience.

Catalan Fan

He was always likely to get a red 2nd half, especially as the game wore on and BRA were trailing..Am not surprised tbh.

3 game ban now ?

SKS-

Practically everything barring national team consistency, positioning for goals and finishing itself. But anyway.

For 2014-15, taking into account all games for both players, Neymar has about double Hazard's G+A, despite not having the amount of freedom Hazard does at Chelsea to essentially have free reign. Fair enough that Barca have Messi & Suarez, but Chelsea have the best midfield group in the entire league. There is really no excuses to say Neymar's success is a result of the talent around him, because we see at the NT level, when Neymar is granted free reign, he succeeds as both a playmaker and goal scorer.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It's a shame for Neymar that his father created this mess along with Rosell and Bartomeu.

NotInHere

I don't really blame Neymar for what he did, he clearly still had that nasty foul Zuniga comitted against him stuck in his head, I mean lets not act like it didnt almost left him paralyzed, or so a doctor said. He wanted to show toughness.

But on the downside Brazil will really struggle without him, who is gonna carry Brazil now?

BenRobbins

It was so petty and petulant. There was no need what so ever to do that shitty thing with his head (Was to pathetic to be a headbutt). It's just him as a character and he has been getting a lot of stick recently over several things and probably was frustrated.

blastandburn

Seems like Brazil will be on the brink of elimination. Without Neymar in their game against Venezuela, the team will really struggle. Should have kept his composure.

Asylum15

There's 2 Neymars.

There's the Neymar who has matured and become more humble in his talent and an example for young players around the world, under the guidance of Leo.

Then there's the Neymar who can't ground his emotions when things don't go his way. Watching him last night, I honestly wanted to slap him in the face a number of times, so petulant, especially from the 'captain.' Morillo was doing dirty tricks all night, and Sanchez was very physical, but you have to overcome this stuff, ESPECIALLY if you are captain of your country. Fuckin' idiot couldn't help but throw a girly headbutt, 'act the big man,' and now has fucked up his countries hopes.

While Neymar might be a better player than Hazard (all the discussions that have gone on here lately), at least Hazard wouldn't be so stupid, and is more grounded with his emotions at current age.

Alot to learn Neyboy.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Nice post although I'd add a couple of things...I also think it obviously shows how remarkably well Messi has handled success & fame...Beckham was a lesser talent but analogous in terms of fame as well as losing it on the big stage...Moreover, it shows that creating a media monster like this from an early age carries with it a burden

Love Neymar but would love it more if he was a bit more dedicated to becoming an even better footballer, if not the best

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans