11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATLBarcaFan

Love Neymar, but that was a horrible display last night. From his on field performance to his behavior, just terrible. Kid still has some growing up to do.

ceefoo

It was always going to be an emotional fixture for Neymar, and going in to the match he must have known or been told that he'd need to control his emotions.

It was a truly horrible match for him, and I'm certain he felt victimised due to the 'special treatment' he receive and referees handling of him. The cynical Colombia players knew exactly what buttons to press. However, despite all the negatives surrounding the match, it could turn out to be an important learning curve in his career.

Out of the comfort zone of the Barcelona environment, without his confidant and mentor Messi to guide me and advise him, he is more susceptible to losing his head. At Barca he has a group of grounded individuals that have achieved everything in the game, that will keep his feet on the ground.When he's with the NT, he doesn't have this so much.

For Brazil, he is the 'Captain', 'The Golden Boy', 'The Saviour of Brazilian Football', he is treated like a demi-god. Neymar isn't ready to take on all that responsibility yet... as shown yesterday.

The Captaincy looks like just another burden that Neymar doesn't need right now.

Chainsaw

Killahead
TBH I would've ripped that dude apart who pushed Neymar

It was Bacca of Sevilla. He was being a dick before that brawl too (toward Alves). Feel sorry for the poor Armero though. Right after he was about to start celebrating their win he got shot in the back. :lol:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
We complain a lot about the state of officiating in Europe, particularly in the Champions League, although I feel the level at the Euros are better than what we consistently are subjected to in Copa America & ACN. Far too much stupidity is allowed to go on and while the players surely have a responsibility first & foremost, the refs rarely show the kind of maturity or impartiality needed

Galning

We complain a lot about the state of officiating in Europe, particularly in the Champions League, although I feel the level at the Euros are better than what we consistently are subjected to in Copa America & ACN. Far too much stupidity is allowed to go on and while the players surely have a responsibility first & foremost, the refs rarely show the kind of maturity or impartiality needed

It's a fact that most South American games turn into a WWE event when there's something at stake but that still doesn't mean officiating is horrible in Spain, level is indeed higher during Euros. I still think they have to add video images to be honest. There's way too many things going unnoticed and still influencing the the outcome of the game.

Stric

What a bunch of immature spoiled twats, all of them. I feel embarrassed just watching those brawls. Fucking disgraceful.

Alen

What a bunch of immature spoiled twats, all of them. I feel embarrassed just watching those brawls. Fucking disgraceful.

Happens at all levels. From broke amateurs to millionaire professionals. It's stupid but quite ordinary.

lessthanjake

I'm not rooting for Brazil in this tournament, but to me that "head butt" is not worthy of a red card. It looks like he leaned in, their foreheads were already touching, and he just made a sudden downwards movement with his head. Obviously, it was an aggressive maneuver. But to me there's a difference between a situation where the sudden movement initiated contact between your head and the player, and where the sudden movement came after your head and the players body were already in contact.

Stric

Happens at all levels. From broke amateurs to millionaire professionals. It's stupid but quite ordinary.

And it's a shame that it is so. Broke amateurs don't represent their countries on the global stage, and they don't get insane amounts of money for it. One's respect for their country or club who pays them should be reason enough not to act like a fucking child on the pitch. Rules and punishments should be more severe on this level.

I'm not rooting for Brazil in this tournament, but to me that "head butt" is not worthy of a red card. It looks like he leaned in, their foreheads were already touching, and he just made a sudden downwards movement with his head. Obviously, it was an aggressive maneuver. But to me there's a difference between a situation where the sudden movement initiated contact between your head and the player, and where the sudden movement came after your head and the players body were already in contact.

It's not about the level of contact or movement, it's about intention and lack of respect for the game. You can get cards for saying this, even though there's no contact or injury involved.

Alen

And it's a shame that it is so. Broke amateurs don't represent their countries on the global stage, and they don't get insane amounts of money for it. One's respect for their country or club who pays them should be reason enough not to act like a fucking child on the pitch. Rules and punishments should be more severe on this level.

I mostly agree but you can also say that the amount of pressure they are under makes it easier for them to lose their shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans