11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Observer

Banned
It would be pretty easy to have an extra guy with a TV watching the replays and then correct when the call was wrong without the need to stop the game (unless it was to correct a screw up).

I fully agree. I mean they already use intercom between the ref and linesmen, so having for example the 4th referee watching the replay and communicate it to the ref doesn't seem like that difficult to make.

NFL and NBA have some of the best play-by-play replay technology and football can't have it? I call BS

Last edited:

ceefoo

NFL and NBA have some of the best play-by-play replay technology and football can't have it? I call BS
You can't compare these American bore-fests to the 'beautiful game'. Those are stop-start sports, football isn't.

Okay, maybe use video replays if there is a controversial red-card scenario and the Ref needs confirmation. But not for every minor decision. Football is a unique game, and the game we all love for it's fluidity, let's keep it that way.

Kinlejus

I fully agree. I mean they already use intercom between the ref and linesmen, so having for example the 4th referee watching the replay and communicate it to the ref doesn't seem like that difficult to make.

Yeah, and also I think there should be 15minutes water break, commercial breaks every 10minutes, and referee breaks every 40minutes. Captains of each team should have two chances to appeal referee's calls, similar to tennis.

dakt

I read certain thing why Players have to dive to protect themselves. A doctor has stated that Players like Robben have to dive, because they get injured very fast. I think Neymar is the same bracket, so hes diving to protect himself

:lol:

Gold! Looks like doctors should have serious discussion about it with Messi.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, and also I think there should be 15minutes water break, commercial breaks every 10minutes, and referee breaks every 40minutes. Captains of each team should have two chances to appeal referee's calls, similar to tennis.

10 time-outs too and flying subs like in hockey

Observer

Banned
Okay, maybe use video replays if there is a controversial red-card scenario and the Ref needs confirmation. But not for every minor decision. Football is a unique game, and the game we all love for it's fluidity, let's keep it that way.

I agree to that, but I'd also make them review the game after for unsportsmanship stuff (like excessive diving)

Sarcasm overflow or full retard, you be the judge

Jadentheman

You can't compare these American bore-fests to the 'beautiful game'. Those are stop-start sports, football isn't.

Yep stop the Fluidity because it's not like teams hold up the game for 5 minutes arguing to the ref or fighting with players of the opposite team over a call that can be confirmed within 30s of a replay

dakt

To be fair nfl is a totally different sport. After each burst of action they must decide their next play, and set it up, very tactical.

Still annoying how there is breaks for every quarter and kick off though.

So players don't have to think for themselves, right?

Paganinisrvnge

Not sure why Europeans are terrified of technology in the sport. Referees have to make insane judgement calls in real time. Having help for things like handball in the area would only be beneficial.

dakt

Not sure why Europeans are terrified of technology in the sport. Referees have to make insane judgement calls in real time. Having help for things like handball in the area would only be beneficial.

Being pissed and cursing referee is big charm of football.
The point is to get your emotions out, come back fresh at Monday on work. :D

Galning

Nothing to do with Europeans, it's about FIFA. There's technology in almost every European sport, except for football. Hockey being the prime and best example. They show that even with technology and video referees the fluidity of the game is not at stake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans