11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He was ok but failed too much with his egoistical one man shows. Clearly not a man to take over the mantle of a leader let alone Messi's successor anytime soon.

Egert

Estonian Culé
He was great, definately has been stepping up his game. Unlucky with finishing but hopefully that will change. International break will do good for the players and Ney :)

gasgas

He was ok but failed too much with his egoistical one man shows. Clearly not a man to take over the mantle of a leader let alone Messi's successor anytime soon.

strange
i didnt watch this match. but in this compilation video he looks brilliant, it looks like he actually took matters into his hands and led the team

kollegah

He was like a poor mans messi, but in a very positive way, he dropped, created space played through balls, very good

dakt

strange
i didnt watch this match. but in this compilation video he looks brilliant, it looks like he actually took matters into his hands and led the team

I can't watch that Suarez's mistake of not passing to Bussi for a clear chance. What was he thinking!?

BBZ8800

How did you deduce that when he was our best player on the pitch and is just 23 yet?

23 are already prime years for faster players like attackers or wingers.
With 28 or 30, he will have more maturity and surely less pace.

Messi was our leader with 20.
Ronaldinho was our leader with 23-24 already, in a much "better" or more influental way than Neymar currently (in much, much poorer Barca's team).

Also, the question is not whether Neymar is good enough in general, but whether is he good enough to lead Barca to CL titles once when we won't have Messi.
I have to agree with Bojan, not only Ney, but all of our current players doesn't look as if they are good enough for the CL trophy when they don't have Messi near them.
Since Ney is supposed to be our "next" leader, the answer is no for now.
He will need to improve his game even more if he wants to be our Messi-like leader (or somewhat close to that, aka good enough for a CL glory), or we will need to buy 2-3 Neymars in the future and hope that 2-3 leaders together will be enough to compensate Messi.

So, in short: No, as Bojan said.

Neymessi

23 are already prime years for faster players like attackers or wingers.
With 28 or 30, he will have more maturity and surely less pace.

Messi was our leader with 20.
Ronaldinho was our leader with 23-24 already, in a much "better" or more influental way than Neymar currently (in much, much poorer Barca's team).

Also, the question is not whether Neymar is good enough in general, but whether is he good enough to lead Barca to CL titles once when we won't have Messi.
I have to agree with Bojan, not only Ney, but all of our current players doesn't look as if they are good enough for the CL trophy when they don't have Messi near them.
Since Ney is supposed to be our "next" leader, the answer is no for now.
He will need to improve his game even more if he wants to be our Messi-like leader (or somewhat close to that, aka good enough for a CL glory), or we will need to buy 2-3 Neymars in the future and hope that 2-3 leaders together will be enough to compensate Messi.

So, in short: No, as Bojan said.

Messi did not have anyone like messi to replace when he was 20.Neither did ronaldinhio.Neymar has messi right now as the main man.You can look at a lot of good players and you will find that most of them were not so good at 23.Neymar has not reached his peek yet but he still can lead barca in the future without messi.He has been carrying a weak brazil for so long and has shown for a good long time that he can lead any team if he is the main man.I wonder why he can't lead barca years from now when he is even better than he is right now.I would have agreed if you had said that he won't be like messi but saying that he can never be the leader is insane.He has better stats than messi in the NT with fewer games and has comparable influence in the NT if not more than messi.Ever seen anyone become a captain of NT at ney's age?Its more of a confidence thing for him here right now.Its hasn't been many games without messi for him now and when messi is gone completely ney will surely be the main.He scored 40 goals last season and no player alongside messi in barca has ever scored that many.Saying that he will surely not meet his future hype after so much evidence,you look like those people who used to call him overrated youtube star and got proved wrong soon.He is doing well currently and will only improve and he is,undoubtedly the future of barca when messi retires,you will see.

Last edited:

Barcafan 2304

Maybe we do expect to much at this stage but I guess his form last season increased expectation. Hopefully Saturday is a sign he is motoring up now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans