11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBZ8800

Messi did not have anyone like messi to replace when he was 20.

It doesn't matter.
I am not comparing Neymar with Messi.
I am comparing Neymar or any of our future leaders with our opponents.
And whether they can lead a team to a Champions league trophy.

Imo, currently, Neymar-Suarez duo (plus a random reinforcement) doesn't look as good enough to win a Champions league (without Messi).
So, Neymar and Suarez are key parts of MSN, and when Messi is here, we are unbeatable.
But those two alone, without Messi, aren't good enough (in this moment) to be our leaders.
Or, they can be our leaders, but we won't win CL trophies.

You can look at a lot of good players and you will find that most of them were not so good at 23.

Random good players who are not good at the age of 23 will not be Barca's leaders.
So, I don't care about them, if you get me...

Neymar has not reached his peek yet but he still can lead barca in the future without messi.

He CAN lead our team.
My main concern is how strong a team with Neymar as it's leader, will be.

He has been carrying a weak brazil for so long and has shown for a good long time that he can lead any team if he is the main man.

This is where our opinions differ.
You probably think that he is a good leader of Brazil.
For me, he is just meh.

Yes, Brazil's team is average lately, but what did they get with Neymar as a leader?
= nothing in terms of trophies or good results till now

(Before anyone jumps that Messi didn't win a WC.
Well, Messi led his crappy team to a WC final.
Neymar's Brazil played like crap all the time, and lost without Ney heavily against Germany.
At Copa America, Neymar was suspended and left his team in troubles...
Messi's team again had much more influental leader, if you get my point?)

So, yes, he can and will lead our team.
But how strong will that team be with him as a leader is another story.
I am not comparing him Messi's Barca, but with Real, Bayern, Juventus, Chelsea etc.

I wonder why he can't lead barca years from now when he is even better than he is right now.I would have agreed if you had said that he won't be like messi but saying that he can never be the leader is insane.

Explained above.
Look, even Deulo can be our leader.
But we won't win a thing then, if a player of his quality (Deulo) is a key player of a team.

He has better stats than messi in the NT with fewer games and has comparable influence in the NT if not more than messi.

CR7 often has better stats than Messi in La liga.
That doesn't mean too much.

He scored 40 goals last season and no player alongside messi in barca

We have discussed this till death.
Barca and RM are way stronger today than average La liga teams than 10-20 years ago.
In 90s, or early 00s, Barca and Galacticos didn't have 7-8-10 matches per Season when they score 6-7-8 goals per match.

It doesn't mean that the current players are better as individuals, but that the team's strength/relations is different today.
Etoo would score 50+ goals beside Messi and Ney today in our Messi-Ney-Etoo trio.

In the end, I don't think (anymore) that Ney is not good enough.
He is one of top 3-5 players in the world.

But for now, I see him as a perfect waterboy for Messi.
With Messi alongside him, he can score even 100s of goals per Saeson.
Without Messi, we are just a good, old, crappy Barca from early 00s.
Recent matches prove that, and you will be able to witness more suffering and horrible displays from our team in the next few weeks, until Messi returns.

... and whenever again Messi will get injured...

Last edited:

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
To be fair [MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION] , every single player on the planet is a waterboy for Messi, he really did set the bar way too high and expectations for Barça post Messi is the same.. we just need to deal with the fact that without Messi 1 CL in a decade is a good result, 4 is extraordinary and god knows when an era like this might happen again.

Thankfully though, we still have many years to enjoy Messi, and as long as Ney and Suarez are lethal alongside him, it's all that matters.

Barcafan 2304

To be fair [MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION] , every single player on the planet is a waterboy for Messi, he really did set the bar way too high and expectations for Barça post Messi is the same.. we just need to deal with the fact that without Messi 1 CL in a decade is a good result, 4 is extraordinary and god knows when an era like this might happen again.

Thankfully though, we still have many years to enjoy Messi, and as long as Ney and Suarez are lethal alongside him, it's all that matters.

Well true in the respect messi's talent has elevated us into a period of success that is hard to sustain but we are a huge club and will always be there or thereabouts when it comes to trophies. Of course, 4 CL wins in a decade is huge and unlikely to happen to often but I think we will continue to add titles even after Messi. Life will go on

mark1nhu

Neymar played incredible well. He was a beast the whole game.

Unfortunately we were unlucky and chances created were not converted.

Funny how always the same people cannot see the brighter side.

xXKonan

Robert (sports director): "Neymar's renewal is well-advanced. Don't doubt that he'll be at Barça for the rest of his career." [catradio]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans