11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

Cant see Neymar wanting to be in the shadow of Messi for next 4/5 years.

Think there could be some tough decisions to be made in next few seasons.

JamDav1982

They can share the spotlight though like they did last year.

Messi is clearly the main man and will always be the man Barcelonas attack is built around.

It is not even close to sharing the spot light the team is built to get best out of Messi and rightfully so.

Neymar is second fiddle to Messi and I would be delighted if he is happy with that for next 4/5 years but cant see it.

F

Flavia

Messi is clearly the main man and will always be the man Barcelonas attack is built around.

It is not even close to sharing the spot light the team is built to get best out of Messi and rightfully so.

Neymar is second fiddle to Messi and I would be delighted if he is happy with that for next 4/5 years but cant see it.

If Neymar thinks like that, he can leave.

JamDav1982

If Neymar thinks like that, he can leave.

I doubt he does just now but I would bet anything he will in next 4/5 years.

All very well to say 'Neymar can leave' but it will come at some point that Neymar as main man would be a bigger benefit than Messi. Even Messi will find age a factor eventually.

F

Flavia

No he can't. Barca cannot afford losing such a player no matter what he thinks.

You suggest selling Messi to keep Neymar happy? I wouldn't do it, no way. Messi has be consistent through out his career, I doubt he'll be declining by the age of 32. He'll still be evolving into the creator and dictating the matches as he already does now. I don't think Neymar has this hunger to be the main man as some do, but if he develops that later, and one of them has to go, Neymar goes.

Horatio

You're welcome
I doubt he does just now but I would bet anything he will in next 4/5 years.

All very well to say 'Neymar can leave' but it will come at some point that Neymar as main man would be a bigger benefit than Messi. Even Messi will find age a factor eventually.

In the next 4/5 years he will be topscorer of multiple seasons for Barca possibly and feel very important. I dunno...I think you're underestimating his loyalty for the club(he chose Barcelona over Real) and his respect for Messi. They're friends by this point and who doesn't like to play along players you admire and have good relationships with. He is in a very good place and he knows it. He speaks the language, is loved by his fans etc.

Only time I see Neymar not playing at Barca is when Barcelona wants to get rid of him or doesn't get to play anymore.

JamDav1982

You suggest selling Messi to keep Neymar happy? I wouldn't do it, no way. Messi has be consistent through out his career, I doubt he'll be declining by the age of 32. He'll still be evolving into the creator and dictating the matches as he already does now. I don't think Neymar has this hunger to be the main man as some do, but if he develops that later, and one of them has to go, Neymar goes.

If Messi is declining and 32/33 and Neymar is the better player to build team around you still say keep Messii if it came to a choice? Even if it decreases quality of team?

If both stay then that time will come. It cant be avoided.

JamDav1982

In the next 4/5 years he will be topscorer of multiple seasons for Barca possibly and feel very important. I dunno...I think you're underestimating his loyalty for the club(he chose Barcelona over Real) and his respect for Messi. They're friends by this point and who doesn't like to play along players you admire and have good relationships with. He is in a very good place and he knows it. He speaks the language, is loved by his fans etc.

Only time I see Neymar not playing at Barca is when Barcelona wants to get rid of him or doesn't get to play anymore.

Hope everything you say is correct. I just dont think it will be. Not saying any time soon but it will come I would say.

Neymar will have ambitions to be best player in world and that will be hard in Messi shadow in team built to play for Messi.

serghei

I think Neymar is already a main man, as in fans miss him when he's injured/suspended, even when Messi does play. That says a lot. He is not the best player in the team, but he is a key part. People speak about the MSN as a deadly trio more and more, not about just Messi. We are starting to get less Messi-dependent and it is a good thing, both for us as a club and for Messi himself (a little less pressure on him to perform great every single time).

Last edited:

JamDav1982

I think Neymar is already a main man, as in fans miss him when he's injured/suspended, even when Messi does play. That says a lot. He is not the best player in the team, but he is a key part. People speak about the MSN as a deadly trio more and more, not about just Messi. We are starting to get less Messi-dependent and it is a good thing, both for us as a club and for Messi.

He is a main man and arguably second top man in team...but if he has ambitions of being best in world it will be a struggle to do that in a team built around another attacker.

I hope to fuck you are all correct and I am wrong as would love Neymar to happily be second fiddle to Messi for years.

Horatio

You're welcome
Hope everything you say is correct. I just dont think it will be. Not saying any time soon but it will come I would say.

Neymar will have ambitions to be best player in world and that will be hard in Messi shadow in team built to play for Messi.

But say Neymar plays at a different club, why would Messi stop being considered the best in the world?

Also if Barcelona keeps being successful any decision to leave to another club would be a stepback in his career.
I think it's very hard for a player to leave a team that you know is top-level. Only exception is if you don't get any playing time as a player.

Sure, you can go to another possibly becoming the starplayer and topscorer in that competition, but in the back of your head you know you have chosen to play for a lesser team and quite possibly for a lower competition.

Not saying that what you say won't happen. But my analysis deems it very unlikely.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans