11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

Why would that make people think he was the better player when you say it would still be Messi?

Never happened with Etoo or a whole lot of goalscorers.

Neymar is popular. Bdor is a popularity contest these days, and goals count more than general play.

JamDav1982

Poorer team? He won the CL in the 2 bdors he deserved. In the other, Messi was injured.

Across the board Real have been the poorer team than Barca. Even when Barca players have won WCs/CLs and dominated a style of play they have not won the award.

Do you think it is accurate that Ronaldo has been that much better than Xavi that he has 3 Balondors vs Xavis none?

By going to another team and winning CL is a better chance of Neymar winning it than being the second best player at Barca.

F

Flavia

Across the board Real have been the poorer team than Barca. Even when Barca players have won WCs/CLs and dominated a style of play they have not won the award.

Do you think it is accurate that Ronaldo has been that much better than Xavi that he has 3 Balondors vs Xavis none?

By going to another team and winning CL is a better chance of Neymar winning it than being the second best player at Barca.

See my previous post. Xavi never scored as much as cr, or he'd have one bdor. I think it will be quite a while before a non forward wins the bdor again. Maybe if france football part ways with fifa.

The best players are the most popular.

Neymar will never win it if he is second best player in team to Messi. Goals or not.

Neymar will win it if he outscores Messi, and trophies are won in the process. That's all people see these days.

Horatio

You're welcome
I think everyone should accept that Messi leaving could happen and it's not the end of the world if it does happen.

I accept it. But in my honest opinion it just seems very unlikely. I am not talking about a Xavi retirement-esque move to go to another continent. I can see Messi doing that.
I am refering to him playing for another team in Europe.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I don't see Messi leaving. Doesn't seem like he'll have an issue passing over the mantle when he's 32, 33. If I'm not wrong then he's also acknowledged Neymar being his successor or atleast the one he'll pass the mantle to when he gradually takes a step back and moves to the midfield or a similar role.

JamDav1982

See my previous post. Xavi never scored as much as cr, or he'd have one bdor. I think it will be quite a while before a non forward wins the bdor again. Maybe if france football part ways with fifa.

Its not just about goals. It is about important performances and all round general play.

By your reckoning the next time Neymar scores more than Messi at Barca he will get voted above him in Balondor?

Lets see. I dont think he will.

serghei

Its not just about goals. It is about important performances and all round general play.

By your reckoning the next time Neymar scores more than Messi at Barca he will get voted above him in Balondor?

Lets see. I dont think he will.

But Xavi was not even remotely comparable to CR in terms of goals. If Messi would score 10 goals per season and Neymar would score over 50, then yes, I think Messi won't win the BD that year, no matter how great his passes might be. Ballon d'Or is a popularity contest. Sometimes popularity is a result of greatness, sometimes it isn't.

JamDav1982

But Xavi was not even remotely comparable to CR in terms of goals. If Messi would score 10 goals per season and Neymar would score over 50, then yes, I think Messi won't win the BD that year, no matter how great his passes might be. Ballon d'Or is a popularity contest. Sometimes popularity is a result of greatness, sometimes it isn't.

If Messi scored 10 and Neymar scored 50 then in all probability he would be the better player.

Flavia is saying as long as Neymar scores more he will win balon dor even if Messi is still the better overall player.

I dont see it that way.

serghei

If Messi scored 10 and Neymar scored 50 then in all probability he would be the better player.

Flavia is saying as long as Neymar scores more he will win balon dor even if Messi is still the better overall player.

Not if Messi would be a midfielder and Neymar a striker. And it depends how those 50 goals are scored, if 15 of them are penalties and more than 60-65 percent are scored against the likes of Granada at home...

How did FIFA determine Ronaldo was better than Neuer in the year Germany won the World Cup? Simple. They decided scoring goals is more important than stopping them.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Not if Messi would be a midfielder and Neymar a striker. And it depends how those 50 goals are scored, if 15 of them are penalties and more than 60-65 percent are scored against the likes of Granada at home...

Well you can set out scenarios but I would say on average if Neymar was scoring 50 to Messi 10 there is a strong case he would be Barcas best player.

I cant see Messi being a midfielder anyway. He doesnt work hard enough off the ball.

serghei

Well you can set out scenarios but I would say on average if Neymar was scoring 50 to Messi 10 there is a strong case he would be Barcas best player.

Maybe, maybe not. The point is a player who scored 10 goals per season won't win the Ballon D'Or today, no matter how good he was. Neuer for instance could have the most amazing season for a keeper and he still wouldn't win against a Ronaldo scoring 50 goals per season against weak teams mostly. People react to goals more than they react to a good clearance or a great save. It's just how it works. If Neymar would be the best scorer in the world, he will win the Ballon d'Or. If that's what he wants.

JamDav1982

Maybe, maybe not. The point is a player who scored 10 goals per season won't win the Ballon D'Or today, no matter how good he was. Neuer for instance could have the most amazing season for a keeper and he still wouldn't win against a Ronaldo scoring 50 goals per season against weak teams mostly.

Neuer came a whisker away from being voted above Messi last season and the rest of top ten were not even top scorers in their teams I think.

It is not all about any goalscorers being voted best it is because Messi/Ronaldo numbers are so insane.

serghei

Neuer came a whisker away from being voted above Messi last season and the rest of top ten were not even top scorers in their teams I think.
It is not all about any goalscorers being voted best it is because Messi/Ronaldo numbers are so insane.

Neuer should have won that year. Him comming 2nd best behind a Ronaldo who was embarassing with Portugal at the World Cup was funny to say the least. And once again showed offensive players are favoured at the BD'or.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans