11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

If Messi is declining and 32/33 and Neymar is the better player to build team around you still say keep Messii if it came to a choice? Even if it decreases quality of team?

If both stay then that time will come. It cant be avoided.

"If" plays a good part there. I don't think Messi will decline too much, and he can change positions, he already plays a lot like an extra midfielder. But as you like the if game, what if neymar doesn't keep his current form for long? Then what? Those are all conjectures. But if both are playing well in 5 years, and neymar decides to be a primadonna, it's an easy solution for me. I'd sell neymar. In 4/5 years a lot of new great players will have appeared as well.

FC B

You suggest selling Messi to keep Neymar happy? I wouldn't do it, no way. Messi has be consistent through out his career, I doubt he'll be declining by the age of 32. He'll still be evolving into the creator and dictating the matches as he already does now. I don't think Neymar has this hunger to be the main man as some do, but if he develops that later, and one of them has to go, Neymar goes.

No, not at all. I'd never want to see Messi leave, not even at 35. I'm saying Neymar can't be that stupid as to feel so unhappy with the situation, not as much as he'd ask to leave.
Secondly I'm pretty sure if that's the case with him he can be convinced as to stay.
He knows very well he is playing with the best player in the world in the team as the main star and he new it very well since the time he chose to come to Barca. As a matter fact I think he is pretty honoured he can make such a top class duo with Messi that won us the triple.

For me it's just an ordinary bullshit rumour.

JamDav1982

"If" plays a good part there. I don't think Messi will decline too much, and he can change positions, he already plays a lot like an extra midfielder. But as you like the if game, what if neymar doesn't keep his current form for long? Then what? Those are all conjectures. But if both are playing well in 5 years, and neymar decides to be a primadonna, it's an easy solution for me. I'd sell neymar. In 4/5 years a lot of new great players will have appeared as well.

Assuming Neymar is the better player in 4/5 years time and Barca better served to build round him in his prime you would still choose to let him go?

If Neymar doesnt keep his form and Messi is still better and there are other better players than Neymar out there in 4/5 years than absolutely get rid of him if he demands to be top man.

JamDav1982

No, not at all. I'd never want to see Messi leave, not even at 35. I'm saying Neymar can't be that stupid as to feel so unhappy with the situation, not as much as he'd ask to leave.
Secondly I'm pretty sure if that's the case with him he can be convinced as to stay.
He knows very well he is playing with the best player in the world in the team as the main star and he new it very well since the time he chose to come to Barca. As a matter fact I think he is pretty honoured he can make such a top class duo with Messi that won us the triple.

For me it's just an ordinary bullshit rumour.

That is the case jut now when Messi is at his prime as probably best ever.

People seem to ignore the idea that Messi will ever decline. It will happen and someone will replace him.

serghei

That is the case jut now when Messi is at his prime as probably best ever.

People seem to ignore the idea that Messi will ever decline. It will happen and someone will replace him.

The problem is the gap between Neymar and Messi is only 4 years. Neymar has to be playing some incredible football at 28-29 to be putting us in the position to choose between him and older Messi. It's not like Messi is 32 now and Neymar is 23-24. Messi is 28. 4 or more years of great football for him. The definitive decline of Messi will probably happen when Neymar also enters in his decline, or post-prime. That's how I would estimate it. Unless Neymar turns out to be one of the most consistent brazilian attackers of all time.

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
I am reposting because this was appended to the post and might have been missed

Also if Barcelona keeps being successful any decision to leave to another club would be a stepback in his career.
I think it's very hard for a player to leave a team that you know is top-level. Only exception is if you don't get any playing time as a player.

Sure, you can go to another possibly becoming the starplayer and topscorer in that competition, but in the back of your head you know you have chosen to play for a lesser team and quite possibly for a lower competition.

Not saying that what you say won't happen. But my analysis deems it very unlikely.

F

Flavia

Assuming Neymar is the better player in 4/5 years time and Barca better served to build round him in his prime you would still choose to let him go?

If Neymar doesnt keep his form and Messi is still better and there are other better players than Neymar out there in 4/5 years than absolutely get rid of him if he demands to be top man.

I can't see Neymar being better than Messi, not even in 5 years time. If so, it'd be something minimal, and I wouldn't sell a legend like Messi for anyone.
And I don't think it'll ever come to that. I also think it'll be easier for Neymar to win a balon d'or with Messi's help, than without it.

JamDav1982

I can't see Neymar being better than Messi, not even in 5 years time. If so, it'd be something minimal, and I wouldn't sell a legend like Messi for anyone.
And I don't think it'll ever come to that. I also think it'll be easier for Neymar to win a balon d'or with Messi's help, than without it.

How can Neymar win a balon dor in the same team as someone who is better than him though?

The ideal scenario for me is that Messi aknowledges if/when Neymar is the better player and lets him take the mantle as main man in attack.

I actually think Messi would leave if felt Neymar was better so scenario may not even occur!

Horatio

You're welcome
How can Neymar win a balon dor in the same team as someone who is better than him though?

My question is, how can Neymar win a Ballon D'or when he's playing for a different team but remains second-best. =D

I actually think Messi would leave if felt Neymar was better so scenario may not even occur!

No he won't. You are assuming that every player thinks the same and always wants to be the best. I think Messi gets a lot of satisfaction out of his accomplishments so far and enjoys his time with his family friends and colleagues in Barcelona. Messi to me strikes as a person that is easily content with what he has and doesn't always need to have more and more.
Also he is someone who enjoys his comfort zone. I don't think he's looking forward to learning a new language and meeting new players in a different country.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

My question is, how can Neymar win a Ballon D'or when he's playing for a different team but remains second-best. =D

How has Ronaldo won three?

Or two if you count the reopened one!

Xavi and Iniesta dominated world cups and were Barcas 2/3rd best players and couldnt win one.....Ronaldo won three as main man in a poorer team.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Messi wins the next 4 Balon D'ors and the WC, cements his legacy as the Greatest of all-time(he already is, but to remove all doubts among his haters :alveshat:).

Lets Neymar be the leader of the attack and let him win a couple of Balon D'Ors.

:coffee:

serghei

At some point, Messi does have to pass the want to some other player, be it Neymar or someone else. I suppose the manager should decide how that happens, and in what way. Messi leaving is not out of the question, and nor should it be. Some champions have, indeed, problems in accepting they are not like they used to be anymore. And Messi is a great champion. We'll see. I'm leaving every option on the table, and I think everyone should accept that Messi leaving could happen and it's not the end of the world if it does happen.

F

Flavia

How has Ronaldo won three?

Or two if you count the reopened one!

Xavi and Iniesta dominated world cups and were Barcas 2/3rd best players and couldnt win one.....Ronaldo won three as main man in a poorer team.

Poorer team? He won the CL in the 2 bdors he deserved. In the other, Messi was injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans