11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

You guys keep seing Messi as a forward-only-player, which is baffling given that he already showed he's much much more than that this past season, I can bet you anything that Messi at 33 will be our new Xavi, and bossing it ! So any "decline" talk before the next 4-5 seasons is very prematured.

I bet you anything Messi will never be anything like a Xavi type player he doesnt move off the ball enough or close down enough.

Messi could drop and be a number 10 type but again he wont run and close all that much and you would need more defensive minded/hard working midfielders and wingers to cover for that.

Galning

Pele has hyped up Neymar so much he's afraid people will start rating him better than the old man himself so his latest statement was that Ney is good but doesn't score headers and thus isn't even Santos second best player ever, after himself of course :lol:

NotInHere

messi is a rare footballer, just by using his upper body feints he's able to confuse defenders, let that settle in, his transition into his 30's will be exciting to watch, you guys are seriously underrating his abilities.

neymar is amazing in his own right, messi and him were made to play with esch other, hopefully he never leaves.

serghei

Xavi used to put up 11-12 km per game. One of the guys who consistently ran the most from our team. Messi runs the least. Messi could do exceptionally well some of the things Xavi did, but with some of the others he would struggle big time. He could play the role of a no10 without defensive duties in the right set-up, shielded by at least 2 midfielders who are very good defensively. He can't play in a 3 men midfield (4-3-3) like Xavi did. Xavi was not a no10, he was more like a no8. Messi is a last third type of player (no10 or no7), and that won't change in my opinion. He will probably score less and create more as he gets older, but his area of action won't change.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I doubt Neymar will be good enough to lead the team ahead of Messi before in atleast 3-4 years.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Pele has hyped up Neymar so much he's afraid people will start rating him better than the old man himself so his latest statement was that Ney is good but doesn't score headers and thus isn't even Santos second best player ever, after himself of course :lol:

Pelé and Maradona are both disgunstingly obnoxious assholes, how can anyone be so self-absorbed, footballers should really just shut the fuck up after they retire, because their lack of education and maners really shows, especially when they're senile like Pelé.

@Jamdav [MENTION=15262]serghei[/MENTION] : I guess we'll see in 5 years :)

mark1nhu

Cant see Neymar wanting to be in the shadow of Messi for next 4/5 years.

Think there could be some tough decisions to be made in next few seasons.

I completely disagree. Neymar is an incredible humble guy and he is fanboy of Messi.

I totally can see him patiently waiting Messi to slowly pass him the throne.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
Guys, pls, jamdav is being dillusional.
Not everyone has cristiano's ego(and even him would be pretty content with being 2nd fiddle if he had messi providing passes all game long).
Neymar was a young teen when he was admiring messi in tv, he's extremely happy with his life and position in the team and worships messi.
So hold your horses everyone and drop that subject.

silvia

he will sign new contract anyway. i have no problem his agent using manchester united, but i hope he doesn't use messi's name no more. it is quite annoying.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans