11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jamie Cal

Messi will take over as always. Ney is a genius like Suarez, but Messi is the greatest of all times.

Neymar did end up top scorer of the Champions League tied with Messi though, didn't he? That's a nice achievement nonetheless.

Yep, also Copa top scorer.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Just to be sure we need to put 500M clause as his buyout. 150M is not enough. In the current market I am fearing 250M now.

raskolnikov

Neyboy's level is taking on Brazil levels in Messi's absense.
Rather than Messi creating everything imagine if we have both of them bossing it from both sides, it wil put last years msn to shame.

oggydude

None of those won the bdor. cr, more than Messi, won his bdors because of his goals. Not because he was actually the best player, which is debatable. So, if Neymar manages a season like cr, which I think he might one day, he'll get ahead of Messi. That's the only way I see it happening, as Messi is a much better player, and I think he still will be when he is 32 and Neymar 27.

If Neymar continues developing as he has he will be better than Messi at 27 as Messi will decline eventually, it happens to most players that peak early, Ronaldo started to decline 1.5 seasons ago and has never been the same player since, Rooney started decline 2.5 seasons ago, Ribery is also not the same player he was 1.5 seasons ago. Some players such as Robben, Ibra peaked a lot later in their career but and were therefore amazing post 30s but its not that common. Neymar however will never probably ever reach the heights of peak Messi but the mantle of the main man may change in 1-2 seasons, currently you could argue its more important for Barca to keep Neymar than Messi.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Neymar however will never probably ever reach the heights of peak Messi but the mantle of the main man may change in 1-2 seasons, currently you could argue its more important for Barca to keep Neymar than Messi.

There's is no way you can say this with certainty. Or with a straight face. 1-2 seasons? Come on, man.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Neymar however will never probably ever reach the heights of peak Messi but the mantle of the main man may change in 1-2 seasons, currently you could argue its more important for Barca to keep Neymar than Messi.

Are you out of your mind ? This is wrong for so many reasons.

First off, Messi is amazing even now that he relies less on his speed, so clearly, he won't decline in 1-2 seasons.
Second, there's a big probability Messi will assume a playmaker role even more with each passing season, and he'll still be the key man while also allowing Neymar to grow in front.
And third, it's not more important for Barça to keep anyone above Messi. Period.

The last 5 pages of this thread are ridiculous, I'm the happiest man on earth to see Neymar stepping up like he is, but 3 good games and already some are calling for him to be the main man, or that he'll leave because of ego vs Messi, or that if we had to choose we should keep Ney instead of Messi ... L.O.L.. short memories eh, Messi is coming back soon enough to set the record straight though, thank god :)

JamDav1982

First off, Messi is amazing even now that he relies less on his speed, so clearly, he won't decline in 1-2 seasons.
Second, there's a big probability Messi will assume a playmaker role even more with each passing season, and he'll still be the key man while also allowing Neymar to grow in front.
And third, it's not more important for Barça to keep anyone above Messi. Period.

The last 5 pages of this thread are ridiculous, I'm the happiest man on earth to see Neymar stepping up like he is, but 3 good games and already some are calling for him to be the main man, or that he'll leave because of ego vs Messi, or that if we had to choose we should keep Ney instead of Messi ... L.O.L.. short memories eh, Messi is coming back soon enough to set the record straight though, thank god :)

What is Messi coming back to set the record straight on?

If you have read the last five pages then I suggesf you read again as you have come up with a bunch of things people have not said.

F

Flavia

If Neymar continues developing as he has he will be better than Messi at 27 as Messi will decline eventually, it happens to most players that peak early, Ronaldo started to decline 1.5 seasons ago and has never been the same player since, Rooney started decline 2.5 seasons ago, Ribery is also not the same player he was 1.5 seasons ago. Some players such as Robben, Ibra peaked a lot later in their career but and were therefore amazing post 30s but its not that common. Neymar however will never probably ever reach the heights of peak Messi but the mantle of the main man may change in 1-2 seasons, currently you could argue its more important for Barca to keep Neymar than Messi.

Messi was 27 this past treble season, and he was the best Barça player by a huge margin, and he had one of his best seasons ever. Up there with 2010-11. I really doubt Neymar will ever get to being that good. People still underrate Messi, despite all he's done... quite perplexing, honestly. In 2 seasons Messi will be 29/30. He won't be declining then. He has plenty of talent and vision to make up for an eventual lack of pace. He won't become a bad player for that, he'll change roles and continue being the best.

oggydude

There's is no way you can say this with certainty. Or with a straight face. 1-2 seasons? Come on, man.

Messi will be an amazing player for many years to come especially as his role in the team has changed recently however he is human and it would be naïve to not expect a decline when he becomes 30 with the amount of football he has played when comparing him with other footballers who have played that much football, though you could argue that Messi is not any odd footballer but imo I honestly believe Neymar has the potential to take the mantle of Messi as the star man when he declines and continue the success however I don't think he will ever reach the heights of magic and consistency of Messi.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
You guys keep seing Messi as a forward-only-player, which is baffling given that he already showed he's much much more than that this past season, I can bet you anything that Messi at 33 will be our new Xavi, and bossing it ! So any "decline" talk before the next 4-5 seasons is very prematured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans