11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nicosur de la Braila

He needs 10 more goals for that. It could happen, but I think it's unlikely. Next season surely.

Considering that he scored 10 in the last ucl, and this season he's being twice the player that he was last season he can surely do it... you never know.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Neymar is on his way to be among the all time top scorers in the end if he continues to score 7+ goals every CL season.

The top 5 in some years could very well be Messi, Cristiano, Benzema, Müller and Neymar.

zehninguem

Guys guys, let me ask you this : "Is Neymar better than Bale ?" Remember those times ? :lol:

3488597-6219889274-micha.gif
Thats because none of them knew who he was. Bale is a european player with a lot of eyes on him and South American leagues are barely watched outside their homelands. Although Neymar`s young age he had already proven himself a lot in Brazil. At its best Santos scored 4/5/8 goals every game: Neymar, Ganso, Robinho and André were unstoppable. In the match against Barcelona, a big fiasco, the team was already in a big downhill, dismantled, players in a shitty shape, squad in a bad relation. By that time Santos was on their worse season with Neymar on their squad. Barcelona didn't face the real deal that day (Barça would win, but it should be more of an open match).

I believe that game gave him some suspicious eyes: "Thats the team all Brazilians feared? HUE!"

Ganso (same age as Neymar) was actually the greatest player on the team, one of the best classic 10 I´ve ever seen: impossible passes, great ball distribution, vision, creativity. He could play just as Xavi - giving the pace of the team - or Iniesta, creating plays, depending on the need of the game. He was the first of the hord of young talents that "should have been better than Neymar". Some contusions and an egocentric personality - he was Neymar friend but envied his charisma and bigger contract - made him one of those minimum effort players, who won't try to improve his game, does the minimum in the field.. is always complaining about his contract. Till this day I wonder where Ganso would be if he didn't settled in mediocrity: that guy gave me goosebumps, what a fucking great player he was when he "competed" with Neymar for the spotlights.

But even with the shitstorm hitting Santos, Ganso lowing his bar, good players getting transferred to unknown markets, Neymar was still a great player in most their games. By the time Barcelona hired him he was at his worse season yet, thats why he did a timid first season in Barcelona. Some people think he somehow progressed a lot in 2014/2015, but he actually JUST started playing well again, just as he did in his best form in Santos. In that matter he is a mature player.

What the reporters at the time didn't knew is that Neymar - although just as gifted as Hazard, Bale, Pogba and Ganso - have a mind determination that is unusual and sets his apart from his rivals. He wants to be the best player in the world and tries hard to achieve it applying himself a lot on the field, on training, and keeping a good relation with other squad members...never giving excuses or blaming others for his eventual crappy performances.

He is much, much like C.Ronaldo on that matter...he is also very gifted and applied: always the last one to leave the trainings, he even practice at his home, you can see football is not only a job for him...not only for the dol. Lets not forget both play in the same side of the field, both had great managers who worked as father-figures (Ferguson and Dorival) in their lives, both were contested with the same arguments: cai-cai (always asking a foul instead of keeping it up), loosing the ball to much trying to dribble everyone...

Jaguar

Flair Trait
"For me the important thing is to win titles. The Ballon d'Or is always between Cristiano Ronaldo and Messi, players from another planet" (BeIN Sports)

His attitude is fantastic. Although I think natural talent wise and form wise this season he's been superior to CR and can win the Ballin d'Or if continues this way, and he can only get better at 23. Scary really.

Darko

I remember when Messi became all time European scorer, he was like 20/21 or something. It felt like "hows that even possible, kid just started.."

He was topscorer for some time when he was 20, not quite all-time, but impressive nontheless.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
It's so fecking rare to have 3 top5 players in the world, all forwards, supposedly competing each other but these guys are totally above that, they are like best buds. They don't care who scores, they assist each other in front of an open goal, good times, good times.

Nice to see neymar finally surpassing his reluctance to be more spontaneous, he has made a complete 180 from his first season here when he was just a puppet for messi.

J

Jamie Cal

Considering that he scored 10 in the last ucl, and this season he's being twice the player that he was last season he can surely do it... you never know.

The guy scored in every game from the quarter finals on, fella. That's an absolutely outrageous feat. I'd rather he get those important goals in the knockouts than stat padding in the group stage by putting up big scores against the scrubs and doing fuck-all against the big guns, like you know who.

mark1nhu

Nice to see neymar finally surpassing his reluctance to be more spontaneous, he has made a complete 180 from his first season here when he was just a puppet for messi.

This.

Having seen Neymar since his professional debut, I always had in my mind this perception when he moved to Barça.

In fact I said here sometimes that what really pissed me about his game was his fear to fuck up things and the natural consequence of "not taking risks" (at least not enough risks).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans