11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark1nhu

His attitude is fantastic. Although I think natural talent wise and form wise this season he's been superior to CR and can win the Ballin d'Or if continues this way, and he can only get better at 23. Scary really.

It is, right?

And he has been like this for 90% of his career (some slips here an there, but it's normal for a kid).

Say what you want about Neymar Senior, but he really put efforts on Neymar Junior education and discipline.

I just can't cope with all those guys saying he is a spoiled kid just because his flashy hair styles. He never was.

LordLichtenstein

vxx.png

Jaguar

Flair Trait
For your regular reading pleasure:

This is an old article with comments dating back two years ago. Sometimes it's fun to reminisce how people thought about him starting out.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ay-50k-secure-Barcelona-star-Neymar-2006.html

It's amazing how things pan out. Technically he would have been their Messi, there's a similar vibe around it, having to put trust in a youngsters talent that he will turn into something big. They didn't, we did with Messi, and also got the "Messi" they missed out on because they didn't have the same faith. It may not have been as instant as Figo from Barca to Madrid, something that basically made Barca look small and idiotic in comparison at the time, but it's definitely an equalizing goal in my opinion ;)

Also had to laugh at one of the comments that said they had a lucky escape judging his first couple of games for Barca, yet another example of Real Madrid and their fans lack of patience. You've got to laugh, they never learn.

Horatio

You're welcome
Also had to laugh at one of the comments that said they had a lucky escape judging his first couple of games for Barca, yet another example of Real Madrid and their fans lack of patience. You've got to laugh, they never learn.

Honestly, that comment struck me as the most outstanding and felt is was worth sharing just for that one. XD

Icing on the cake is ofcourse the stories that Neymar rejected Real Madrid at a later age when they tried to get him again and he waited for Barcelona, ultimately choosing to play for them for a lower salary. But I don't know how that pans out with the recent developments concerning the transfer fee.

EDIT: Apparently just not stories. Villanova basically confirmed it. Also nice to see that his predictions came out post-mortem
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ing-reasons-not-money-says-Tito-Vilanova.html

Last edited:

mark1nhu

For your regular reading pleasure:

This is an old article with comments dating back two years ago. Sometimes it's fun to reminisce how people thought about him starting out.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ay-50k-secure-Barcelona-star-Neymar-2006.html

I cannot provide a source right now, but here in Brazil the story is that Neymar himself wanted to come back, because he didn't get adapted to Spain at that time (homesick).

I think Wagner Ribeiro already spoke about it.

I will search later and come back here to confirm it (or not).

Horatio

You're welcome
Here the most recent evidence about what I said:

"You never paid for the boy [Neymar Jr.] to play. You decided to listen to his juvenile desire to go back to Brazil instead of playing for Real Madrid."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/neymar-should-signed-real-madrid-6538869

This is the first source reliable translated to English that I could found, but there is certainly older and more reliable ones in Portuguese.

Ahh this article, I read it at the time it came out.
I thought you were going to provide proof Neymar was planning on returning after his first season at Barca feeling homesick. My mistake. You were talking about his trial at Real. =D

Interesting to hear that is the general belief in Brazil. hmmm...

mark1nhu

Ahh this article, I read it at the time it came out.
I thought you were going to provide proof Neymar was planning on returning after his first season at Barca feeling homesick. My mistake. You were talking about his trial at Real. =D

Interesting to hear that is the general belief in Brazil. hmmm...

No, not now. Neymar is living a dream with Barcelona.

I actually bet he will stay with us for more time than most people imagine.

About his trial in Madrid, I really believe in "the homesick version", not "the frugal version".

Neymar Senior always cared about Neymar Junior happiness. It's a story that makes total sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans