11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait maybe I am in the wrong here. Maybe voting has closed for the short list, but there will be a new one for the final three.
Neymar probably made it to the final three.

No i'm pretty sure that the voting is done for good, the top 3 is simply announced later, and then the winner at the ceremony.
What te amo barca meant by "pulling a cristiano" I think is playing his best football when the voting happens, mostly in October.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Wait maybe I am in the wrong here. Maybe voting has closed for the short list, but there will be a new one for the final three.
Neymar probably made it to the final three.
There is no separate voting for the final three.... The voting is done only once. It's just that, they announce the top three in November and then let us know the winner in the ceremony

Height18

DimwittedSizzlingAssassinbug.gif

SorrowfulQuarrelsomeBobcat.gif

Kerrybai

Atm he's the best player in the world since Messi was out for 2 months and just played some minutes vs RM.

Assuming Messi steps back into his pre injury form then Neymar is second.

Last season for me Messi was the best in our team, with Suarez second and Neymar just behind him. This season Neymar has gone a step beyond Suarez, just ever so slightly.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Assuming Messi steps back into his pre injury form then Neymar is second.

Last season for me Messi was the best in our team, with Suarez second and Neymar just behind him. This season Neymar has gone a step beyond Suarez, just ever so slightly.

And it's because with Messi in the team, Neymar is restricted far more. Even last season, you could see the difference between Barca Neymar and Brazil Neymar. Hopefully the team will not revert to that style now that it has seen the full extent of Neymar's capabilities. He has been the most talented player in world football since Messi's arrival.

Horatio

You're welcome
And it's because with Messi in the team, Neymar is restricted far more. .

It depends on how you look at it: Neymar needs to do more because defenders are more focused on him now in Messi's absence.
He is given the opportunity to try stuff because Messi is not there to do it. Messi will create space again and serve Neymar and Suarez the ball whenever necessary.
Neymar is better in front of the goal now than he was last season imo(a result of Messi's absence). The combination of those two will make Neymar score easily this season.
Maybe we will see less of his magic, but I don't think anyone will complain when they surpass last years number of goals. He is still going to be every important to the team. I think he might end up becoming the topscorer this season.

zidaneisgod

The Brazilian Football Association should learn from Neymar's development.
He is an example of why Brazilians should not leave the Brazil league until they are 20-22 years old.
He had flair drilled into him during his formative years and grew in confidence by practicing his tricks in a lesser league... that's why he can be both devastating and pleasing to watch.

Robinho/Adriano/Kaka/Luis Fabiano had their flair drilled out of them when they were in their late teens. They played with the style of players from Norway rather than Brazil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans