11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar

BrunoLodo

Guys... is not that hard to understand that his dad wants to close the best deal and get the most money he can! He is a business man afterwards!!
I support Santos and im following Neymar since a loooooong loooong time! He wont leave Barcelona and sign another team! His dad supports Neymar's decisions, and for sure he will stay in Barcelona unless he keep having problems with taxes (i am not saying that he will keep laundering money and wants impunity... just that he wants to feel safe after these problems)

About da match! WOOOOW... He is amazing! I have to agree with some users in here, he changed his gameplay and got much much better.

serghei

Just as Messi goals vs Bayern might not have counted had Suarez not ripped PSG a new arse hole in Paris or Man City in Manchester.

Can go round in circles. People need to stop trying to look back and give Messi absolute credit for everything that happens.

Amen to that.

Neymar has become a better player but the biggest reason for his improvement is not that it is him being given more responsibility.

Even last season he would have been second only to Messi in terms of a complete attacker assists/goals build up play of any player in the world.. He was just playing under much more of a constricted system.

Allow him more freedom and this is what happens.

Again, agreed. It was clearly a matter of role rather than ability. Playing a role that required him more to make runs and finish off plays made for him by others (Messi first, Suarez 2nd and even Iniesta later in the season). Messi, the main creator of the team being injured, enabled him to show some of his qualities that existed, but weren't used as much last season. Now let's hope we witness not only the most fearsome trio, but also the most complete in each of it's parts.

Last edited:

StarLord

We are so lucky to have bought him, regardless of the cost.

I was always in favor of buying him, and boy was I right. Streets ahead from CR7 right now. Neyboi is now the world's number 2 player.

anguy

Again, agreed. It was clearly a matter of role rather than ability. Playing a role that required him more to make runs and finish off plays made for him by others (Messi first, Suarez 2nd and even Iniesta later in the season). Messi, the main creator of the team being injured, enabled him to show some of his qualities that existed, but weren't used as much last season. Now let's hope we witness not only the most fearsome trio, but also the most complete in each of it's parts.

No, it was a matter of ability. Neymar had a lot of opportunities to create last season, he just wasn't very good at it. He was one of the worst passers in team and was preferring Messi wayyy too much. He simply drastically improved his passing and playmaking this season. He also turns the ball over much less when dribbling and is more comfortable shooting with his left foot. Of goals he lately scored, many would have not ended in back of the net last season because he often needed one more touch to move the ball to his right foot allowing the defender to close in.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Mathieu was offside, tho.

onside.gif

That one was more debatable at the time, but nah

JamDav1982

No, it was a matter of ability. Neymar had a lot of opportunities to create last season, he just wasn't very good at it. He was one of the worst passers in team and was preferring Messi wayyy too much. He simply drastically improved his passing and playmaking this season. He also turns the ball over much less when dribbling and is more comfortable shooting with his left foot. Of goals he lately scored, many would have not ended in back of the net last season because he often needed one more touch to move the ball to his right foot allowing the defender to close in.

He was never one of the worst passers in the team and would always have been able to show his passing ability if that is what he was there to do.

Based on what was he a poor passer of the ball?

Hsi ability has not changed all that much it is his role in the team and the confidence he has gained to step up and be the player the team is built around.

It is like claiming his ability has got worse based on his Brazil performances...again it is just the tactics and role he plays that allows him to perform.

Look at Messi with argentina, he is not nearly the same player if not given a role that allows him to thrive.

anguy

He was never one of the worst passers in the team and would always have been able to show his passing ability if that is what he was there to do.

Based on what was he a poor passer of the ball?

How many games have you watched last year? Every time ball went to Neymar he tended to slow down the tempo of the game and his passes were intercepted too often. For example our first goal against Roma - last season's Neymar would never be able to fire such pass to Alves. And it was not because of his tactical role - he tried but mostly failed. I'm not saying he was bad for us last season, but because of his goals, not playmaking.

It is true though, that he was better playmaker for Brazil than for Barca, but I don't think it was solely because of different tactical role. He simply improved or maybe he developed better understanding with Barca teamates, I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans