11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
There's absolutely nothing personal nor disrespect between BBZ and me, he even answered my tease with a joking tone too, no fuss really.

Anyway, I'd better just accept that the neybashing will continue and refrain from giving my opinion in here, I'll just say this, it's really sad that our player with most projection, who's on his way to scoring close to 40goals on his 2nd season at 23, who's probably gonna be leading our front in 3 or 4 seasons is getting this treatment instead of objective/constructive criticism and support.

That is all for me for all Neymar matters.

Too funny. You can't stand few "negative" posters and claim to miss objective opinions while I haven't seen you protesting against blind fanboyism. You're not fooling anyone.

And just because bbz was a bigger man and didn't respond equally to your "teasing", doesn't make you right in doing so.

BBZ8800

In fact during the Eto'o/Ronnie era, La Liga was at a relative low. We were basically the only good team in it. Spanish teams were not doing as well in Europe then as they are doing now. Spain in fact during the Eto'o/Ronnie years lost its number one place to England. So no, La Liga was not mighty back then, it was very good but not mighty.

Results for each year can be found here:

http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/data/method4/crank2015.html

Lol.
Real played finals and won in 1998, 2000 and 2002.
Valencia played a final in 2000 and 2001.

That only happened a few years before our 2004-05 winning season (first la liga after 6 years).
-- for example, in the last 5 Seasons (today), Spain had 2 finalists in a CL
-- while prior to 2004-05, Spain had 4 finalists in a CL in the last 5 years

Yeah, La liga was on a ALL time low, with CL winners from La liga coming in 1998, 2000, 2002, 2006.

I have to admit, I admire you.
Basically, whatever stat will someone post, you will find a reason to explain how today everything is much harder and more important.

I agree, football's history started in 2009 with Pep, or in 2013 with Ney.

Everything before was meh, all time low and full of average players, nowhere near to the current football gods. :shakeshead:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
what's your issue with neymar specifically?

?
Issue is not with Neymar. Noone is even claiming Pedro is a better player despite it being imputed every time. And I've been one of the most avid supporters up until January.

Issue is with ignorant posters who can't discuss here without attacking another poster despite being reminded countless time of not doing so.

JamDav1982

Lol.
Real played finals and won in 1998, 2000 and 2002.
Valencia played a final in 2000 and 2001.

That only happened a few years before our 2004-05 winning season (first la liga after 6 years).
-- for example, in the last 5 Seasons (today), Spain had 2 finalists in a CL
-- while prior to 2004-05, Spain had 4 finalists in a CL in the last 5 years

Yeah, La liga was on a ALL time low, with CL winners from La liga coming in 1998, 2000, 2002, 2006.

I have to admit, I admire you.
Basically, whatever stat will someone post, you will find a reason to explain how today everything is much harder and more important.

I agree, football's history started in 2009 with Pep, or in 2013 with Ney.

Everything before was meh, all time low and full of average players, nowhere near to the current football gods. :shakeshead:

The Real team of 2002 that won the CL was well past its best three years later. Neither that team or the Valencia team that got to the CL final was there by time Ronnie and Etoo were winning for Barca.

Its like English fans stating the EPL is still really strong as they were winning CL and hitting finals 6/7 years ago.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
ok so it's all started with people attacking bbz for his neymar criticisms. i didn't catch the start of the argument so i was confused.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Try to read other forums, not Barca's forum.

For example, on Barca's forum, Ney is hailed more than Suarez, right?
While on Bayern's forum, they say that they are afraid of crazy cannibal Suarez and Messi.
No one said that he is afraid of Neymar.

That is the problem.

For example, Xavi is Xavi everywhere.
People respect him everywhere (of course, he is hailed here slightly more, as any players, but still..)

But some players are hailed here much more than outside of this forum.
Like Bartra, who is not recognized or rated at all outside this forum.
And Ney, who is a semigod here, while some other fans talk about him as just meh or nothing special.

People ask why we count only Ney's misses?
= because he is currently the most overhyped Barca player, by OUR fans

(I could be wrong, this is how I see it)

Question: why are Bayern fans not afraid of Ney?
= are they jealous or what?

lmao what other fans think of is irrelevant because they don't watch Barca. They are afraid of Suarez because they have been exposed to him more via the EPL. There was a time when people were more afraid of Henry than Messi or Iniesta...doesn't mean jack shit. It is entirely possible that the Bayern game will change their views on this matter.

If you ask me, Neymar and Suarez have been at the same level, only Messi has been better than them this season.

Neymar gets "overhyped" (I like to call it getting defended) because you come in every 2 days with irrelevant stats to put him down. Go do the same thing on the Suarez thread and you will see him getting "overhyped" too.

G

Gasgas

lmao what other fans think of is irrelevant because they don't watch Barca. They are afraid of Suarez because they have been exposed to him more via the EPL. There was a time when people were more afraid of Henry than Messi or Iniesta...doesn't mean jack shit. It is entirely possible that the Bayern game will change their views on this matter.

If you ask me, Neymar and Suarez have been at the same level, only Messi has been better than them this season.

Neymar gets "overhyped" (I like to call it getting defended) because you come in every 2 days with irrelevant stats to put him down. Go do the same thing on the Suarez thread and you will see him getting "overhyped" too.

:goodpost:

JamDav1982

Exactly.

Go to the Messi or Suarez threads and put their goal scoring down to stat padding in a poor league and see what the response is.

G

Gasgas

Amazing thing is that BBZ's arguments this entire thread could be used to say how messi's goals ain't all that.
Very same arguments just switch player names and the number of goals and assists
:tata:

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Too funny. You can't stand few "negative" posters and claim to miss objective opinions while I haven't seen you protesting against blind fanboyism. You're not fooling anyone.

And just because bbz was a bigger man and didn't respond equally to your "teasing", doesn't make you right in doing so.

I have criticized neymar in here more than once, and in the chat too when he was having bad games, hell, even with him having a great game I'd still say that Suarez is being more instrumental for us, I just give Neymar more benefit of the doubt than you do.

And BBZ a few posts before just teased another member about stat-twisting the same way I teased him.

Again, there was really NO problem between any of us up untill you came out and started shooting on anyone disagreing with BBZ. I don't think he needed defending, I even think BBZ enjoys the controversy his posts generate, and as long as we are respectful towards one another, a community also has its share of friendly teasing.

Only thing I did wrong here is trying to stand up a bit for Neymar when the bashing was a little excessive, that's all, and that apparently, is the mother of all sins.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

lmao Ney being overhyped because od bbz. Mindboggling.

And btw. I've seen more irrelevant stats being posted by fanboys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans