11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

lessthanjake

It's hard but its the same thing that separates Messi from Cristiano despite even numbers.

Fact is Neymar can improve a lot (alot alot :pep:) and that's a good thing. His ceiling is high.

It certainly is what separates Messi from Cristiano. But being less good than Messi doesn't mean that Ronaldo doesn't have a fantastic season every season. With the amount of goals he scores, he is fantastic regardless of what else he brings to the table, to be honest. And that was basically my point with Neymar. He has scored an amount of goals that basically inherently means he has had a good season.

Of course Neymar could improve. And I suspect that he will, since he is young. But having well over 30 non-penalty goals as a wing player is REALLY GOOD. We shouldn't forget that.

G

Gasgas

Can't believe people are still arguing over Neymar.

He's a good player and he improves our team drastically just by being out there. He scores in many important games for us and outside of his past dip in form he has done it often.
This is my take on this.
We have One member who doesnt like Neymar at all. He will praise Neymar only when he has a world class performance, anything less will be met with heavy criticism. He knows how good neymar is. But just doesnt like him

And there's BBZ who is cringed everytime we praise Neymar and so tries to neutralize the praise and make him look insignificant. I also went through this phase with Messi and that is what got me permabanned here and banned a couple of times on a certain blog

Ekul

So, I've finally caught up with the Neymar thread from last night. I've seen some ridiculous things, but as I don't have infinite time, I'm going to have to concentrate on BBZ as he was the most consistent poster of questionable content.

BBZ, you state that you believe that Neymar is in the top 5 players in the world, and yet you criticise him more than any other Barca player, or rather try to undermine his achievements and quash any praise that he may get. Your reasons for doing this are that he is 'overhyped', and 'overrated'. YOU think that Neymar is in the top 5 players in the world, but as everybody else is overhyping him, I guess that means the rest of Barcaforum believes that he is in the top 3 players in the world, maybe even top 2? This is simply not true. So basically, your definition of overhyping is the view of many that 'Neymar has had a great season, 30+ goals is a fantastic achievement, he will only get better'. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see this a overhyping, I think that is quite a sensible review of his season and seems to be the general consensus on here.

You continue to make the 'stat-padding' argument, claiming his goals are false as Barca score more goals than they used to, presumably as the gap is now bigger between the top and bottom teams. You completely disregard (and ridicule) somebody else's post who points out that half of Neymar's goals have come against top opposition (which kills your stat-padding argument that is solely used for Neymar), and ignore the fact that he very, very rarely takes free kicks and penalties. When he does score one of the few free kicks he takes, it doesn't count as it isn't from open play. I won't go into cup goals as they are completely pointless to you. I mean, who even wants to win the Copa del Rey? It's only another trophy.

You always feel the need to compare players. You keep bringing up Eto'o, who is a legend but completely irrelevant to the argument. Someone may say 'Neymar has done well this year in scoring 30+ goals' and you would chip in with your stat-padding argument and say that he cannot be compared to Eto'o (which nobody is doing apart from yourself!), it is disrepectul to compare him to Eto'o and say that Eto'o scored less but is a better goalscorer. You have started this Suarez vs Neymar poll to try and divide the fans and undermine Neymar, yet nobody has said that Neymar is better than Suarez (or if they have very few have). Yes, Suarez is a better player than Neymar (at the moment) and so he deserves to win the poll, but is that any shame for Neymar? No. Messi is a far better player than Suarez, but does that make Suarez a bad player or a waste of money? No.

Finally, and now we're to the good part. You have said that, if Barca win the Champions League, Neymar is a legend in your eyes, immune from criticism. If Barca don't win the Champions League, you and many others will hate on Neymar more vociferously. I think that is the most ludicrous thing I have seen on this forum. I'm going to create a couple of completely hypothetical situations for you.

Scenario 1
Champions League Final. 3rd minute of injury time. The score is 2-2, Neymar scored both our goals and has been MOTM. He runs in to the box and is taken down by Carvajal for a penalty. Up steps Messi to win us the trophy... he misses. Real go up the other end and Ronaldo scores the winner.

Scenario 2
67th minute. The score is 0-0. Neymar has played dreadfully, and is subbed off for Pedro. Pedro inspires a Barca comeback and sets up the winner for us to win 1-0. Barca win the Champions League.

So you're telling me that in Scenario 1, Neymar receives endless hatred, abuse and criticism, us losing is his fault. And yet Scenario 2, Neymar is a Barca legend and cannot be touched? I know my examples are a bit extreme, but I'm just trying to point out to you how ridiculous it is of you to judge Neymar's peformances and status at Barca based on whether we win the Champions League, when it could hinge on something that is completely out of his control (like somebody missing a sitter or a penalty).

I feel as though I have aged 5 years writing this, but I feel obliged to defend a Barca player who, in my opinion, receives far too much criticism.

G

Gasgas

So, I've finally caught up with the Neymar thread from last night. I've seen some ridiculous things, but as I don't have infinite time, I'm going to have to concentrate on BBZ as he was the most consistent poster of questionable content.

BBZ, you state that you believe that Neymar is in the top 5 players in the world, and yet you criticise him more than any other Barca player, or rather try to undermine his achievements and quash any praise that he may get. Your reasons for doing this are that he is 'overhyped', and 'overrated'. YOU think that Neymar is in the top 5 players in the world, but as everybody else is overhyping him, I guess that means the rest of Barcaforum believes that he is in the top 3 players in the world, maybe even top 2? This is simply not true. So basically, your definition of overhyping is the view of many that 'Neymar has had a great season, 30+ goals is a fantastic achievement, he will only get better'. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see this a overhyping, I think that is quite a sensible review of his season and seems to be the general consensus on here.

You continue to make the 'stat-padding' argument, claiming his goals are false as Barca score more goals than they used to, presumably as the gap is now bigger between the top and bottom teams. You completely disregard (and ridicule) somebody else's post who points out that half of Neymar's goals have come against top opposition (which kills your stat-padding argument that is solely used for Neymar), and ignore the fact that he very, very rarely takes free kicks and penalties. When he does score one of the few free kicks he takes, it doesn't count as it isn't from open play. I won't go into cup goals as they are completely pointless to you. I mean, who even wants to win the Copa del Rey? It's only another trophy.

You always feel the need to compare players. You keep bringing up Eto'o, who is a legend but completely irrelevant to the argument. Someone may say 'Neymar has done well this year in scoring 30+ goals' and you would chip in with your stat-padding argument and say that he cannot be compared to Eto'o (which nobody is doing apart from yourself!), it is disrepectul to compare him to Eto'o and say that Eto'o scored less but is a better goalscorer. You have started this Suarez vs Neymar poll to try and divide the fans and undermine Neymar, yet nobody has said that Neymar is better than Suarez (or if they have very few have). Yes, Suarez is a better player than Neymar (at the moment) and so he deserves to win the poll, but is that any shame for Neymar? No. Messi is a far better player than Suarez, but does that make Suarez a bad player or a waste of money? No.

Finally, and now we're to the good part. You have said that, if Barca win the Champions League, Neymar is a legend in your eyes, immune from criticism. If Barca don't win the Champions League, you and many others will hate on Neymar more vociferously. I think that is the most ludicrous thing I have seen on this forum. I'm going to create a couple of completely hypothetical situations for you.

Scenario 1
Champions League Final. 3rd minute of injury time. The score is 2-2, Neymar scored both our goals and has been MOTM. He runs in to the box and is taken down by Carvajal for a penalty. Up steps Messi to win us the trophy... he misses. Real go up the other end and Ronaldo scores the winner.

Scenario 2
67th minute. The score is 0-0. Neymar has played dreadfully, and is subbed off for Pedro. Pedro inspires a Barca comeback and sets up the winner for us to win 1-0. Barca win the Champions League.

So you're telling me that in Scenario 1, Neymar receives endless hatred, abuse and criticism, us losing is his fault. And yet Scenario 2, Neymar is a Barca legend and cannot be touched? I know my examples are a bit extreme, but I'm just trying to point out to you how ridiculous it is of you to judge Neymar's peformances and status at Barca based on whether we win the Champions League, when it could hinge on something that is completely out of his control (like somebody missing a sitter or a penalty).

I feel as though I have aged 5 years writing this, but I feel obliged to defend a Barca player who, in my opinion, receives far too much criticism.
Here you get my emoticon bomb of applause
:goodpost:
:worthy:
:hooray:
:barcascarf:
:dance:

Barcalove

Banned

Scenario 1

Scenario 2

45439cd6d55d18f83d442376405d61d076fd70bcef2f56b231e8ec853324fdab.jpg

:hooray: :rockon: :worthy:

BBZ ignored the fact that more than half of neymar goals are vs hard oposition, because not even him, can use a stats to deny that

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona

Scenario 1

Scenario 2

:worthy: Nominee for post of the season anyone?

LordLichtenstein

Scenario 1

Scenario 2

latest

Best post I have ever read on Barcaforum.

Zangash

Banned

Scenario 1

Scenario 2

I think this post just killed the thread...

King5Puyi

When Bojan accidently removed the old Neyboy thread and this one was up, someone commented that we can hope for BBZ to bring it back to 1000 pages.

He took it a bit too serious....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans