11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBZ8800

Ok, but I have said in Messi's thread also.
MSN can never get benched is taking it's toll.

It happened numerous times in Barca's history and in general football's history that you can survive ONE season without resting some players.
But in majority of cases, that strikes you back somewhere in the 2nd season.

We played with MSN without rest in the whole 2015 last season.
Then we played supercups this summer, then a club's world cup, tons of la liga matches and now CL matches all the time with MSN.
Add NT matches and long trips to that.

I have said a few times during last summer that it is probably something like 90:10 that we will get struck either by insane number of injuries this season, or with extreme accumulated fatigue in March/April/May of 2016. Or both.
And of course that majority of this is happening.

Majority of players (except CR7 and a few rare players) are not robots and can't play 2 seasons in a row in every single match.
They will either get injured, burned out mentally or burned out physically. Or combined...

Lucho played like a rookie in this part.
Or, he didn't have a choice because you can't bench any diva in our MSN trio.

Either way, it seems that we will going to pay the price now, either because of Lucho's stupidity, or because of these divas, who are goats when they are in form, but who are causing huge problems when the things aren't perfect (because of their huge egos).

Last edited:

gasgas

There are few biases clearer than the one bojan has against neymar.
The worst part is that he won't admit to it.
Worry out man, we all have that player we just don't like and would even overdramatize their issues.
:)

gasgas

Ok, but I have said in Messi's thread +o.

It happened numerous times in Barca's history and in general football's history that you can survive ONE season without resting some players.

Then we played supercups this summer, then a club's world cup, tons of la liga matches and now CL matches all the time with MSN.

I have said a few times during last summer that it is probably something like 90:10 that we will get struck either by insane number of injuries this season, or with extreme accumulated fatigue in March/April/May of 2016. Or both.

Majority of players (except CR7 and a few rare players) are not robots and can't play 2 seasons in a row in every single match.
They will either get injured, burned out mentally or burned out physically. Or combined...

Either way, it seems that we will going to pay the price now, either because of Lucho's stupidity, or because of these divas, who are goats when they are in form, but who are causing huge problems when the things aren't perfect (because of their huge egos).
What do we do.
Sell MSN and buy benchable forwards :pep

BBZ8800

What do we do.
Sell MSN and buy benchable forwards :pep

No. But it is a risky move since the day 1, with 2 scenarios:
1. when everything works well=they will be Goats and there won't be problems since you don't need to rotate them (since we are winning everything)
2. if something goes wrong (and this is only a few weeks of "problems". Imagine if they would have a poor form for 2-3-4-5-6 Months...)=your hands are locked and you can't do anything. If you bench someone, the things will get even worse.

I can't even imagine what would happen if someone would bench Messi.
Or, remember how Neymar reacted last Season (was it Sociedad's match?) when he was mad at Lucho because he was benched.

We have zero options now.
Messi and guys will play even if their Stamina, form or motivation will be at 20% out of 100%, lol.

We can just sit and wait for them to hopefully improve their form on their own.
"The beauty" of having un-benchable divas in our team :rolleyes:

KingLeo10

we give cristiano so much shit for refusing to be subbed and playing 90 mins in meaningless games, sure is a changer to see our front 3 doing the same. even suarez, who in his first few weeks was routinely subbed and ever since he caught fire? no chance.

Vilarrubi

Our problem was not getting a decent replacement when Pedro left or in the January transfer window of the same level as him. Preferably a winger AND a striker so MSN could be rested and we would know we still had quality on the pitch.. Lucho wouldn't dare start Sandro and Munir against an average team to rest MSN mainly because they are not good enough so players are needed of that level so he can.

Richard.H

Seems like two different players played for us in the first half of the season vs now. Where have you gone, first half of season Neymar Jr?

Catalan Fan

I'd agree with most of that, good post.

It's very difficult to try and emulate last year, no team has ever done it and for good reason.I'm just not convinced it's all fatigue, because when I watch Suarez play he always gives 100% effort.

Truthist

Seems like two different players played for us in the first half of the season vs now. Where have you gone, first half of season Neymar Jr?

Gone to being Messi's servant again. The more I see it the more it hits home the painful reality that they can't coexist.

All Neymar does is cut inside and look for Messi, remember when Messi was injured? He took on the mantle and relished it.

A decision needs to be made otherwise we will probably not get to see the best of Neymar.

khaled_a_d

Last year ,we at least had Pedro . who _like him or not _ was very good back up for MSN and 10 times a player of Munir/Sandro caliber .Pedro at least was capable of getting off the bench for any of those guys when the result is over to rest anyone .he was a respected proven good player with the team .
Now? it is Munir or Sandro .that makes it even harder for the team to rest any of MSN
It seem that the team downgraded last summer when we got Arda & Vidal while Xavi & Pedro leaving
Arda was supposed to be a versatile replacement for Xavi .an AM who can play on the wings to give MSN proper rest .while Vidal was a guy that would give us what Montoya failed too while Also replacing Pedro on the right side
So far it doesn't look it is working that way .quit frankly our best replacement when Messi was injured was S.Roberto .Arda didn't play in LWF at all and neither did Vidal or the RWF .And there is even legitimate doubs about their fit on their main position in the team (M & RB) to make things worse.
It seem that a 4th capable attacker would be one of our main priorities in the summer along CB & back up LB .a guy who won't be huge downgrade and respected by his team when he is on the pitch with 2 of the MSN while the 3rd is getting rested

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans