11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefecito

Mate, neymar is 3 years now in barca and he hasn't being the main man in an important game not even a single time.
Great he played well during messi's absence, so what? In the only high profile win during that time, the 0-4 in bernaleo, the best players were iniesta, suarez and sergi roberto.
I think it's safe to assume now after 3 years that neymar is only playing well when the team is playing well, he can't lead in big games, he's like cristiano in that matter.

That's not the point. He isn't supposed to be the main man because the main man is on the other wing. I'm saying that he has performed very well and did what we bought him for: creating space, dribbling, being lethal in front of the goal and giving assists and key passes. I don't expect him to be the main man, and no one should until the day Messi retires.

JamDav1982

Mate, neymar is 3 years now in barca and he hasn't being the main man in an important game not even a single time.
Great he played well during messi's absence, so what? In the only high profile win during that time, the 0-4 in bernaleo, the best players were iniesta, suarez and sergi roberto.
I think it's safe to assume now after 3 years that neymar is only playing well when the team is playing well, he can't lead in big games, he's like cristiano in that matter.

What absolute rubbish. He was brilliant in that win vs Real away as he was in the win vs Villareal before that.

What do you mean by lead the team in big games? The team is built round Messi to lead it and Neymar has played his role within that for most part too a really high standard since he arrived.

Not checked but would guess Neymar has as many if not more goals against Real/Atletico and CL knock outs than any Barca player.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
That's not the point. He isn't supposed to be the main man because the main man is on the other wing. I'm saying that he has performed very well and did what we bought him for: creating space, dribbling, being lethal in front of the goal and giving assists and key passes. I don't expect him to be the main man, and no one should until the day Messi retires.

Well I agree with you but that just puts barca in a 2nd messidepencia era.
Just look at what happened when messi had a small off form patch last month, complete catastrophe.

BarçaBarça

Because this Barca-team is about the team and not single-players. The collective threat from ALL of MSN is what our opponents fear - if they concentrate too much on 1 or 2 the third has space and time to be decisive. The way I see it, it is not Neymars job to be the leader of our team, Messi is and should be the focal point of the team, but the attack is more evenly spread out now, and that is very good and explains a lot of our succes.

I am not a Neymar-fanboy. I want the best for our team, and can be annoyed with other fans thinking that Neymar will reach Messi-level, that is impossible. But it is a very extreme position to suggest that we would be better of with a lot of money than with one of the absolute best in the world on his position. There is more and more money in the football-world, thinking that money would make a big difference for us is an illusion: we can't compete in that respect anyway.

Jefecito

Well I agree with you but that just puts barca in a 2nd messidepencia era.
Just look at what happened when messi had a small off form patch last month, complete catastrophe.

A team that has one of the all time best players will always rely on him. Call it Messidependencia or whatever you like, that's football. The catastrophe is when Messi isn't in a good moment and the other big players aren't either. It happened in the most crucial moment of the season but you can't do anything about it.
It's Lucho's problem, relies too much on MSN. Actually to whole Barça play style nowadays is giving the ball to one of them and waiting for them to score.

Jadentheman

Come on 6 Ballons, this is the same guy that brute force an awful Brasil to the Semis in the World Cup :p

serghei

I would like him to be more selfish. When you can score shoot. Several times he looked to pass the ball in situations where the clear solution would have been to shoot. Just go for the kill, stop trying to pass it to Messi all the time. Or Suarez. He could have had an easy hattrick vs Gijon.

J

Jamie Cal

Do some of you not get that his role is not to be the mirror image of Messi on the left side? In all 3 of his seasons here, he has scored against both Real and Atleti, important goals at that.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Jeepers Vlom....Ney stepped him in loads of games to win points and trophies.

I genuinely cant think of one Real player tipped as future balon dor winner. James maybe at one point after world cup?

That post was in response to that troll Zidane 121.

I've already said many times Ney was absolutely amazing in Oct/Nov/Dec, there's no disputing that.

There is no doubt he can be the best player in the world, the only question is is he serious and commited enough to be.

That's all I'm saying.

Total-Football

That post was in response to that troll Zidane 121.

I've already said many times Ney was absolutely amazing in Oct/Nov/Dec, there's no disputing that.

There is no doubt he can be the best player in the world, the only question is is he serious and commited enough to be.

That's all I'm saying.

look mate .. and before you jizz your pants this is just my opinion : the alarming point in any player's career is when he shows physical regression , the case with Neymar is just a combination of low confidence and a slight drop in form , Suarez was atrocious during these crucial games too ( do i need to remind you of the miss vs real Madrid ) .. not a long time ago he banged a goal , took his confidence back and now he's playing like the best 9 in the world again .. Neymar is a similar case , he looks extreamly sharp from a physical point of view so there is absolutely nothing to worry about .. Ronaldinho in august 2006 ( right after the world cup ) looked Greasy and out of shape .. it went all South after that if you remember that era.

Vlom

look mate .. and before you jizz your pants this is just my opinion : the alarming point in any player's career is when he shows physical regression , the case with Neymar is just a combination of low confidence and a slight drop in form , Suarez was atrocious during these crucial games too ( do i need to remind you of the miss vs real Madrid ) .. not a long time ago he banged a goal , took his confidence back and now he's playing like the best 9 in the world again .. Neymar is a similar case , he looks extreamly sharp from a physical point of view so there is absolutely nothing to worry about .. Ronaldinho in august 2006 ( right after the world cup ) looked Greasy and out of shape .. it went all South after that if you remember that era.

The case with Neymar is a horrible (horrible, horrible!!!) attitude.

Total-Football

The case with Neymar is a horrible (horrible, horrible!!!) attitude.

i disagree .. horrible attitudes ( partying - bad life style ) would have been reflected on th pitch .. again to me , he looks sharp. unless you are talking about the dispute with Alba that's another thing , that was always a part of his character ( being confrontational ) ..

Vlom

Sharp ... you crack me up mate :lol:

He's as sharp at the moment as I'm swedish.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans