11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Aren't you the one who said we should sell Messi just a few days back.

Dude, if you need lessons in quality trolling, then drop a PM. I know just the right guy who can help you.

You see, you can't let people call you out like that. You need to be consistent and remember what you said yesterday, or else you just ruin your own game.

Zidane121

Banned
Aren't you the one who said we should sell Messi just a few days back.

Dude, if you need lessons in quality trolling, then drop a PM. I know just the right guy who can help you.

You see, you can't let people call you out like that. You need to be consistent and remember what you said yesterday, or else you just ruin your own game.

I said that because Messi has won everything and going towards age 30, maybe time to cash in on him before its too late. neymar is 24 and people want him sold? wow.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
in my opinion he's the best player in the world right now for all he has done this season .. i would sell my soul to Qatar if that what it takes to extend his contract

Worry not then, cause he's renewing.

We'll just have to wait to see if that turns out to be a great thing or not.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

Even if Neymar goes Eden Hazard's way, him renewing is the best thing for Barca because we'll be in a better position if the club want to sell him or if he want to leave. Both unlikely scenarios though IMO.

If we wait another season, he'll have a year left on his contract and be the one in the best position, making the club pay him even more, and then everyone here will moan even more as well. And if he decides to leave next season, then we'll end up with far less money, because, why would any team pay more if they can get him for free in a year?

The best thing for Barca is having him tied up until 2021 because that's what serves the club's interest no matter what the situation is. Whether Neymar is doing well, or not. Whether he want to leave or not.

For Barca, giving Neymar more money now is less risky than letting his contract run down.

People need to think logically instead of being so emotional.

Last edited:

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Even if Neymar goes Eden Hazard's way, him renewing is the best thing for Barca because we'll be in a better position if the club want to sell him or if he want to leave. Both unlikely scenarios though IMO.

If we wait another season, he'll have a year left on his contract and be the one in the best position, making the club pay him even more, and then everyone here will moan even more as well. And if he decides to leave next season, then we'll end up with far less money, because, why would any team pay more if they can get him for free in a year?

The best thing for Barca is having him tied up until 2021 because that's what serves the club interest no matter what the situation is. Whether Neymar is doing well, or not. Whether he want to leave or not.

For Barca, giving Neymar more money now is less risky than letting his contract run down.

People need to think logically instead of being so emotional.

I completely agree.

That bolded part made me giggle though .. :tito::rosell:

PS : I meant if it's a great thing footballing wise, as if will he be our next leader to continued glory as people are expecting or will he go south in a season or two.

Last edited:

Neymessi

Yeah it may be a bad option for him to renew. Because, the last few games he has been bad and there is no footballer in the world who goes through rough patches? Surely. I see you have everything figured out about his drop of form connected to parties so explain to me what led to his drop of form in his first season after november? Or last season during jan and feb? Ever gave it a thought that its maybe, I don't know, for just every other reason the whole team is playing bad? Few bad games and people forget who he is. Remember messidependencia? and what a big problem it used to be. He made that dissapear and managed the team singlehandedly in his absense. There are not many players who can do that right now. Hell I would say there is only neymar. And you doubt him just because of some bad games.

dakt

I said that because Messi has won everything and going towards age 30, maybe time to cash in on him before its too late. neymar is 24 and people want him sold? wow.

I am amazed how far people will go for Neymar. He's obviously more then a club for many of you.
My God, it's like we signed the contract with the Beatles.

serghei

If we lose Neymar we win 190m. euros to buy Pogba and some other winger. So, I'm good either way. It's not like he leaves for 40m. or so. If Neymar stays, excellent, if Neymar leaves, well, we still get payed a lot and we can improve the team with the money. Maybe not at LW, cause he's the best in the world there, but in other areas.

Only way he goes is by way of his buyout being payed I think.

Last edited:

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
Neymar actually covers more ground than Suarez based on official statistics from the Champions League.

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2016/statistics/round=2000634/players/index.html

This Neymar 'doesn't run, is lazy, doesn't press' narrative is untrue.

Is 90% of it going sideways? Because that's all he's capable of doing lately.
Sell and buy verratti, can you imagine what would psg offer for him? It's clear as day he will never become a great player now.

BBZ8800

He is "young".
And he has "(a lot of) potential" to improve.

Two most overrated variables on football forums lately.
Especially on our forum.

Is 90% of it going sideways? Because that's all he's capable of doing lately.

It's not even sideways anymore.

1. When on form, Neymar dribbles towards the opponent's goal.
2. When he is on average form, he dribbles sideways.
3. When he is in the current state of form, he isn't even able to dribble sideways, so he usually takes the ball and starts to dribble backwards, lol.
He takes the ball on a left wing, somewhere near the opponent's box, and then he starts to dribble towards our goal (backwards), until an opponent fouls him.

A huge part of the distance covered is probably about this part:
1. dribbling backwards (from the opponent's box towards our half/center of the pitch)
2. and then running back to his position, so that he could be ready for the next backwards-dribble

On one thing, we can all agree: no player in the world is currently as good as Ney in backwards-dribbling.
He surely has the highest amount of successful backwards-dribbles in all five biggest Top divisions :worthy:

:lol:

Last edited:

BarçaBarça

If we lose Neymar we win 190m. euros to buy Pogba and some other winger. So, I'm good either way. It's not like he leaves for 40m. or so. If Neymar stays, excellent, if Neymar leaves, well, we still get payed a lot and we can improve the team with the money. Maybe not at LW, cause he's the best in the world there, but in other areas.

Only way he goes is by way of his buyout being payed I think.

As long as we acknowledge that Reus or someone like that is not better or more reliable of top-performing, as some in here suggests, then I get what you are saying.
But because he is not over-shining Suarez or Messi does not mean that we should try to sell him. No guarantee that the new players would 'click' into our team + no guarantee that Pogba's prize does not raise to 150 M. if we sell him.

JamDav1982

Aye players that dribble backwards all game get huge amount of goals and assists and get voted third best player in the world....

Going through some poor form and holding ball for too long. Hasnt always been this way and wont be again.

His running stats are because he tracks back so often and time and again provides options with runs off the ball. Even off form he is still doing that and being found by Messi passes. In yesterdays game, Deportivo game & Valencia game. It is just his finishing has been shit when on end of them recently.

Goals, assists he has the lot and it will come back.

He already met the criteria you set out for a Barca legend last season BBZ. You dont seem to like being proved wrong on him and are relishing this poor form to bring up the same old rubbish.

His stats are inflated in todays era......blah blah blah.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
He looked better vs Sporting. Just not confident enought yet, don't know where it went. He made great runs and his dribbles actually distraught Sporting. The PK should give him his confidence back.

Neymessi

He is "young".
And he has "(a lot of) potential" to improve.

Two most overrated variables on football forums lately.
Especially on our forum.

It's not even sideways anymore.

1. When on form, Neymar dribbles towards the opponent's goal.
2. When he is on average form, he dribbles sideways.
3. When he is in the current state of form, he isn't even able to dribble sideways, so he usually takes the ball and starts to dribble backwards, lol.
He takes the ball on a left wing, somewhere near the opponent's box, and then he starts to dribble towards our goal (backwards), until an opponent fouls him.

A huge part of the distance covered is probably about this part:
1. dribbling backwards (from the opponent's box towards our half/center of the pitch)
2. and then running back to his position, so that he could be ready for the next backwards-dribble

On one thing, we can all agree: no player in the world is currently as good as Ney in backwards-dribbling.
He surely has the highest amount of successful backwards-dribbles in all five biggest Top divisions :worthy:

:lol:

lol. lol. lol.

You need to consider the possibility that a player as big as neymar knows a little more about football than you. No offense. Its not just backwards dribbling. Once you beat the marker in that type of dribbling a diagonal pass can be given to any of the players making a run inside and on rushing defenders can be dribbled with ease. The chance he missed when messi put him through on goal and kinda diagnol dribbled the defenders shows what his intentions are,even though he made a mess of that dribble by not shooting.

[youtube]HwGVtYTl5A8[/youtube]

Just because his inital few steps in dribbling are backwards doesn't mean he doesn't know where the goals are.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
If we do sell Neymar we should tweak the system and move the focus from front trio back to midfield. Answer is not Pogba though. Going back to basics would be best and if there are no options out there just get Nolito or put the trust in Denis.

Unfortunately, this board would just throw money away on Pogba or some ageing Liga player so mind as well keep Neymar and hope he somehow gets back to his best. Mind you, special treatment, partying and doubling his wages won't help.

It's a tricky situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans