11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trickykid

doesnt make sense in my book, but neither did us signing Douglas
in the event neymar is sold to PSG at upward of 150+m who would you replace him with

No idea man. There's no way Barto will sell Ney if he can help it, and I don't think the player himself wants to leave either (despite half the forum running with it because of yet another random rumor).

Trickykid

Yeah, and that's the big problem in my book. I can understand people wanting to spend a good chunk of a potential Ney fee on the squad, but who to replace him with, as he's clearly the best out there?

I really don't want to speculate too much on a potential replacement, as it's a waste of time, but a couple of those that would make me the least sad to see replace him, would probably be Carrasco and Draxler. The former would obviously have to learn to score goals on a regular basis and I'm not sure the latter is quite fast enough for a role as LF in our system, but I really, really like Draxler. I know he hasn't quite lived up to the expectations since he blew up, but whenever I watched him last season at Wolfsburg, he was stellar.

Last edited:

gasgas

Yeah, and that's the big problem in my book. I can understand people wanting to spend a good chunk of a potential Ney fee on the squad, but who to replace him with, as he's clearly the best out there?

I really don't want to speculate too much on a potential replacement, as it's a waste of time, but a couple of those that would make me the least sad to see replace him, would probably be Carrasco and Draxler. The former would obviously have to learn to score goals on a regular basis and I'm not sure the latter is quite fast enough for a role as LF in our system, but I really, really like Draxler. I know he hasn't quite lived up to the expectations since he blew up, but whenever I watched him last season at Wolfsburg, he was stellar.

i would take carasco.
draxler, no thanks

ini4ever

I absolutely am on Carrasco or Draxler but it seems it's been a while the club is only looking for big 'names' unfortunately.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
Carrasco isn't the anwser. There really is no anwser. Neymar is getting some rest this summer too so I think he's gonna beast it next season.

Trickykid

I absolutely am on Carrasco or Draxler but it seems it's been a while the club is only looking for big 'names' unfortunately.

So far this summer, there have been rumors about plenty of lesser known ones - hell even a few complete no names as well.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Neymar just can't get rest can he...... I can't remember the last time a player got so much heat from the BarcaForum..... At least in Cesc's case the guy was a dud and he had it coming but in Neymar's case, he is actually a prominent player who helped us win a treble and a double in two years, actually being the best player in the latter season during the period when a certain GOAT was out injured for a long while at that!

Silly fcuking season.... Can't wait to the see the end of it

Icarium

Lifestealer
Once again, as a BVB supporter and someone who watches BVB and Reus regularly, Reus is nowhere as good as Neymar, even when he is healthy. Don't let the highlights clips fool you.

Reus's achievements at Dortmund amount to absolute nothing but he still gets praised like anything. Don't know if it is because of his pretty face. I would rather have Hazard in my team than Reus even considering his god awful form last season.

Neymar just can't get rest can he...... I can't remember the last time a player got so much heat from the BarcaForum..... At least in Cesc's case the guy was a dud and he had it coming but in Neymar's case, he is actually a prominent player who helped us win a treble and a double in two years, actually being the best player in the latter season during the period when a certain GOAT was out injured for a long while at that!

Silly fcuking season.... Can't wait to the see the end of it

I fear this will never stop and if he does move people will consider him as next Figo.

Last edited:

ini4ever

So far this summer, there have been rumors about plenty of lesser known ones - hell even a few complete no names as well.

Let me correct my previous sentence : Very big ones or not well-known ones but not with that much quality.
p.s : there are rumors every summer but let us see who we sign at the end.

MasChe

Come on guys, we need to be real.
grass is always greener somewhere else.
I can't say I'm Neyfan, more annoyed by him than anything else usually, but there is just no rational replacement or a reason to sell him.
yeah he was awful, but he also stepped up with no Messi. He completely replaced him, we didn't even feel his absence , there ain't many players out there that can do that for us.

Maybe next season he will mature completely and be able to have great season, not just half.

Selling a 24 year old, probably best player after Messi retires, if he gets his head straight and replacing him with whoever, that would be massively beneath his league, just doesn't make sense

Trickykid

Let me correct my previous sentence : Very big ones or not well-known ones but not with that much quality.
p.s : there are rumors every summer but let us see who we sign at the end.

So far we seem to have locked down Denis and Umtiti. Both of them look like very good prospects, and as I see don't fall into either of the two categories. Time will of course tell, though.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
we need wingplay. Suarez needs service from wings.
if he comes, messi would also get good service

We don't have the types of players who can utilize crosses from the wings. Not Suarez, not Messi either. Scoring a header here and there doesn't cut it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans