11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Teams with Romario, Jorginho, Bebeto etc. And Ronaldinho and others failed, so not like it was expected by Brazil to win.

His supporting cast was largely young players and a couple of oldies. Far from as good as previous Brazilian teams.

So there was immense pressure on him.

bismp

if winning olympic gold is nothing then has Messi won nothing in his international career? :thinking:
Technically he has,but why do you think everyone is either mad(because he supports Leo) or extremely happy(because he is hater) because of the 3 consecutive lost finals?Everyone and even Messi himself,says that what is absent from his huge trophy list is an international title.

Kerrybai

if winning olympic gold is nothing then has Messi won nothing in his international career? :thinking:
Yes Messi has essentially won nothing. The olympic Gold has been won by Poland, Nigeria, Cameroon etc. It's an amateur trophy for the most part and for the most part no one cares about it.

It's even a level below the confederations cup.

JamDav1982

Yes Messi has essentially won nothing. The olympic Gold has been won by Poland, Nigeria, Cameroon etc. It's an amateur trophy for the most part and for the most part no one cares about it.

It's even a level below the confederations cup.

It isnt below the confederations cup at all.

dakt

Exactly. No one gives a damn about Messi winning that medal. In fact, few know that he has one.
Most of the people that don't watch Barca throw that shit in Leo's face all the time, not winning any major tournament with Argentina. Screw the fact that he was in the finals 3 times in the row.
And why should it be any different with Neyboy? But for some reason when ever Neymar farts it's always a breeze of fresh air to many.

JamDav1982

Exactly. No one gives a damn about Messi winning that medal. In fact, few know that he has one.
Most of the people that don't watch Barca throw that shit in Leo's face all the time, not winning any major tournament with Argentina. Screw the fact that he was in the finals 3 times in the row.
And why should it be any different with Neyboy? But for some reason when ever Neymar farts it's always a breeze of fresh air to many.

You say random things like 'the olympics is Mickey Mouse' or means fuck all then people respond to that by saying it meant a lot to Brazil and in the past people like Messi.

You then respond as if people are putting it on the par with the World Cup when no one is claiming that.

What will it take for Neymar to become a legend?

dakt

What will it take for Neymar to become a legend?

2-3 great consecutive seasons, where you can see that he has matured and is making a huge difference, with or without major players like Messi or Suarez on the pitch. I seen that in the first half of the last season and then he has disappeared.
And if you search my post in that period, you'll see that I was full of praise for him. I think that even BBZ was left unarmed.

JamDav1982

2-3 great consecutive seasons, where you can see that he has matured and is making a huge difference, with or without major players like Messi or Suarez on the pitch. I seen that in the first half of the last season and then he has disappeared.
And if you search my post in that period, you'll see that I was full of praise for him. I think that even BBZ was left unarmed.

He had a couple of average to poor months but not whole second half of last season.

Neymar has proved he is a great player with or without Suarez and has proved he is making a huge difference and helped win all the trophies Barca have won.

Is there a LW in the world you would take ahead of Neymar?

dakt

He had a couple of average to poor months but not whole second half of last season.

For me, it was far below his capacity. He started to come back very late in the season.

Neymar has proved he is a great player with or without Suarez and has proved he is making a huge difference and helped win all the trophies Barca have won.

So did any other Barca player. Consistency is the key here.
I was against Suarez coming here, but I ended with my mouth shout pretty soon...and I did that even though he was proven player in Ajax and Liverpool where he became godlike.

Is there a LW in the world you would take ahead of Neymar?

No. But at the same time I'm sure we can do pretty well without him....especially if Arda continues with this momentum.
And that "No" can turn to "Yes" if he fails to grow and show more in this season.

He's at Barca, young, with huge expectations....the stage is his.

JamDav1982

In second half of season -

10 goals and 9 assists in 21 league games. Has a hand in almost a goal every game as Barca win league.
3 goals and 2 assists in 4 Spanish Cup games. Has a hand in more goals than games as Barca win Cup.
1 goal and 2 assists in 4 CL games as Barca knocked out in QF.

So 14 goals and 13 assists in 29 games across second half of season. Hardly going missing for whole second half of season.

The worst thing was that Neys drop of form coincided with drop by Messi and Suarez albeit his poor form was for slightly longer but it came at worst possible time as Lucho over played them.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

In second half of season -

10 goals and 9 assists in 21 league games. Has a hand in almost a goal every game as Barca win league.
3 goals and 2 assists in 4 Spanish Cup games. Has a hand in more goals than games as Barca win Cup.
1 goal and 2 assists in 4 CL games as Barca knocked out in QF.

So 14 goals and 13 assists in 29 games across second half of season. Hardly going missing for whole second half of season.

The worst thing was that Neys drop of form coincided with drop by Messi and Suarez albeit his poor form was for slightly longer but it came at worst possible time as Lucho over played them.

So, we are back to: Neymar wasn't that bad at all in the spring of 2016?

If so, I am done for some time, mate, sorry.

JamDav1982

So, we are back to: Neymar wasn't that bad at all in the spring of 2016?

If so, I am done for some time, mate, sorry.

Yeah we are back to his form dropped for a spell as it did for Suarez and Messi and across the WHOLE of second half he was not he terrible or bad at all.

Neymar never hit the heights of Suarez or Messi and had longer spell off form but across the second half of season still produced goals/assists and had many good games.

You love stats like goals/assists until they disagree with you.

Many of Neymar's 10 goals in the second half came from the team trying to set him up to score because he needed the confidence.

Neymar had an erratic season, with two months of Messi level football, followed by average to mediocre performances in most games.
He was less one dimensional than 14-15 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans