11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

Many of Neymar's 10 goals in the second half came from the team trying to set him up to score because he needed the confidence.

Neymar had an erratic season, with two months of Messi level football, followed by average to mediocre performances in most games.
He was less one dimensional than 14-15 though.

Far more of Suarez goals came from being set up and given penalties to try and win Pichichi than were ever served up to Neymar.

He got plenty of assists as well.

Neymar played well in lots of games in latter half of season and had a poor spell of form as did Messi and Suarez.

If you want to have a look at a player that disappeared in second half of season start at 7.30mins on this video.

[youtube]MwE-lP4ewHM[/youtube]

Last edited:
Far more of Suarez goals came from being set up and given penalties to try and win Pichichi than were ever served up to Neymar.

He got plenty of assists as well.

Neymar played well in lots of games in latter half of season and had a poor spell of form as did Messi and Suarez.

The lengths you would go to argue your points.

Suarez buried all his pens save one, I think neymar missed like 3 out of 5 with that ridiculous technique of his ?

Suarez absolutely wasn't intentionally set up more than neymar was. What the fuck, i can't deal with this. I don't remember a single game where the team pushed and pushed for suarez to score his goal. The team was happy enough to feed him for the pichichi in the last games once victory was assured. Totally different story. Nor did Neymar outperform suarez or messi assist-wise. And his poor form went on so much longer than Messi or Suarez.

Comparing Neymar to Leo & Luis does not make for a strong line of defense.

JamDav1982

The lengths you would go to argue your points.

Suarez buried all his pens save one, I think neymar missed like 3 out of 5 with that ridiculous technique of his ?

Suarez absolutely wasn't intentionally set up more than neymar was. What the fuck, i can't deal with this. I don't remember a single game where the team pushed and pushed for suarez to score his goal. The team was happy enough to feed him for the pichichi in the last games once victory was assured. Totally different story. Nor did Neymar outperform suarez or messi assist-wise. And his poor form went on so much longer than Messi or Suarez.

Comparing Neymar to Leo & Luis does not make for a strong line of defense.

Suarez scoring more pens or not is irrelevant. The player the team was trying to set up for goals more than anyone else was Suarez. Was clear in almost all the games in latter part of season.

Who is comparing Neymar to Suarez and Messi?

Only comparison I made was to say in second half of season both were better than him and hit higher hights.

Who is comparing Neymar to Suarez and Messi?
You ?

---->
Only comparison I made was to say in second half of season both were better than him and hit higher hights.

:D

Suarez scoring more pens or not is irrelevant.

Of course it's relevant. You are using pens as a means to prove that the team was trying to set up Suarez, while Neymar had clear priority for penalty duty and bottled it. How is that not damn relevant ? :lol:

The player the team was trying to set up for goals more than anyone else was Suarez. Was clear in almost all the games in latter part of season.

Again, bonkers. Suarez scored more, period. Whereas the team was distinctly trying to help neymar out to help with his confidence as he wasn't scoring enough.

You are trying to say that because Suarez scored more, the team must have wanted him to score more than Neymar. That's just wrong.

I won't continue this as it's frustrating to have to correct such flawed claims after a one-post discussion, specifically the first half of this very post.

JamDav1982

Ok you know better than Suarez who said this...

What Suarez himself said.

"The entire team deserves the credit for my streak," Suarez said. "Now my teammates look for me because they know I am in the running. Leo [Messi] and Ney[mar] give me the penalty kicks. That shows that the team sees what I am capable of over these last few games and they want me to score."

You are making up your own arguments to go against.

Only point about Suarez being set up is to counter your idea team were trying to set up Ney to boost his confidence which is not true bar a couple of pens when he hadnt scored. He got more pens in first half of season when flying anyway.

Has fuck all tom do with trying to say anything about Suarez number of goals just saying compare like for like if you are taking other things into it.

As for pens success it was around 66% Suarez, 60% Neymar and 50% Messi.

Your facts were flawed as were your made up arguments.

Not that Olympic Gold means anything in Football, but still I find it funny how fickle some of you here were and bashed him after the opener, talking about Barcelona needing to let go off him... then he carried their asses to the Trophy.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Big trophy it was and hard competition.

We'll see where he'll be once the season starts because he's been very disappointing for Barca in 2015.

NotInHere

Guess this was seen as a huge thing since Brazil had never won a gold and after the humiliating defeat against Germany, this was like a breath of fresh air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans