11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zangash

Banned
Haters come only when he plays poor for long periods, or when people overhype him and compare with Ronnie or Etoo.

Even "haters" have absolutely nothing against Ney when he is play well.

The hate was in full force after a single poor game against Cordoba despite us winning 8-0...

BBZ8800

The hate was in full force after a single poor game against Cordoba despite us winning 8-0...

I don't know what other people who were against Neymar think, but I was posting against him mostly in a period of March-April when he really played like a crap for 7-8 (League) matches in a row, when he was fighting with the opponents all the time, when he was spitting on opponents and when he whined when he was subbed against Sevilla.

After that, he started to play well again, and I personally didn't talk about his "poor" games anymore, but only about comparisons how he scored more than Etoo and other guys.
And then we had a debate whether La liga is the same as back then, is it easier to score goals today, is the difference between top and bottom teams the same as back then, and because of all factors is it fair to compare players from different era and overhype some current players.

So, it is not that simple, as if we whined after a single random bad game.

Again, I don't have anything against Ney's recent plays, plus he is fighting less with the opponent's RB's and he is not whining against Lucho's decisions.

EdmondDantes

I was very very impressed with his pressing today. Relentless and resulted in a few interceptions. His all round game is evolving as well. Made up for the lad.

LordLichtenstein

I don't know what other people who were against Neymar think, but I was posting against him mostly in a period of March-April when he really played like a crap for 7-8 (League) matches in a row, when he was fighting with the opponents all the time, when he was spitting on opponents and when he whined when he was subbed against Sevilla.

After that, he started to play well again, and I personally didn't talk about his "poor" games anymore, but only about comparisons how he scored more than Etoo and other guys.
And then we had a debate whether La liga is the same as back then, is it easier to score goals today, is the difference between top and bottom teams the same as back then, and because of all factors is it fair to compare players from different era and overhype some current players.

Again, I don't have anything against Ney's recent plays, plus he is fighting less with the opponent's RB's and he is not whining against Lucho's decisions.
You will always be known as thé hater of Neymar, I guess. :/

BerkeleyBernie

I was very very impressed with his pressing today. Relentless and resulted in a few interceptions.

Yep, good contribution. Best moment was his slick ball recovery on the right touch, keeping in bounds and laying it off. Nicely done.

Still not very effective trying to combine around the box when crowded, passes aren't precise enough. To be honest, I'd rather he just try taking some shots instead.

Last edited:

BarcaVillain

34 goals in 45 games from the left wing and he gets criticised for a performance (in which he scored) in an 8-0 away win. What the actual fuck do you expect from the kid?

Stric

34 goals in 45 games from the left wing and he gets criticised for a performance (in which he scored) in an 8-0 away win. What the actual fuck do you expect from the kid?

What is this supposed to mean? Is this supposed to somehow lower expectations of him scoring? Because no one has more chances to score than him, not even Messi. Especially because Messi is constantly setting him up beautifully for shots on goal. This season, LW was the place to be. Suarez wasn't around until October. If Messi was playing the wing and had another Messi supply him like he does Neymar, he would have had many more goals than he already does.

Also, it makes much more sense to criticize a player in a 8-0 game than it does in a 0-0 game, because it shows how good the team was playing and how easy the opponent was to score against.

Zangash

Banned

I was actually referring to Bojan. Conversations comparing him with past legends don't interest me, as they're pointless, imo.

Zangash

Banned
If Messi was playing the wing and had another Messi supply him like he does Neymar, he would have had many more goals than he already does.

He'd have even more goals if instead of Suarez being there he had yet another Messi. Imagine. Three Messi's. One or two of our midfielders being Messi (Since he can very well play midfield) would give Messi even more goals, even.

What a ridiculous thing to say.

Stric

He'd have even more goals if instead of Suarez being there he had yet another Messi. Imagine. Three Messi's. One or two of our midfielders being Messi (Since he can very well play midfield) would give Messi even more goals, even.

What a ridiculous thing to say.

You missed the point completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans