11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Being able to score/making play from central position is not the same as being CF. He never really played as 9, and for the good reason.

True, being bullied around by 2-3 defenders all the time is not his thing - he needs a little space, he needs to face goal and come at the defender with a little speed most of the time. Suarez is a 9, he can handle being pushed in the back over and over by CB's - and Messi is, well, Messi :)

Nobody's dribbling is just as effective as Messi's. What is this blasphemy?

In relation to his dribbling from the left not Messi* :lol:

Edit: @anguy ofc he wouldn't be a 9 same way Messi played at CF for 3.5 years and could never be truly considered a 9 even when his movement became way more static. When Neymar played CF (Like once or twice) under Tata he played well though.

Heavy

I guess is insta win for Messi if Neymar gets second in champions league goals. Specially with him being the main assist guy of those goals.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
I guess is insta win for Messi if Neymar gets second in champions league goals. Specially with him being the main assist guy of those goals.

He'd have to score thrice in two (or one) games. That's not very likely. Ronaldo on the other hand only needs to score once to draw level with Messi, and he could very likely play in the Champions League final as Real Madrid have a good chance of making it.

Stric

Not that I want to start a semantic argument but I always separated CF/RW/LW from the terms 9/False 9/Winger/Wide Forward. Messi, Neymar and Suarez have all played CF but Suarez is a 9 while Messi/Neymar in the CF position would be False 9's.

I agree with this categorization, and it seems you and I are in the minority here. To me, a CF can be both pure #9 and false #9. He's in the centre, and he's a forward. :lol: I always found it strange that people don't consider false #9s CFs or strikers.

I agree with this categorization, and it seems you and I are in the minority here. To me, a CF can be both pure #9 and false #9. He's in the centre, and he's a forward. :lol: I always found it strange that people don't consider false #9s CFs or strikers.

Yeah for me CF just described the players default starting position while terms like 9/False 9/False 7 (Muller) etc are used to describe a players attributes/play style.

N

Nicosur de la Braila

Astonishing season so far, could have had scored as much as ronaldo and messi if his finish was on point... the boy is just 23, give him time and he'll shine. Someday he'll be as good as messi, if not better :)

anguy

Not really, false 9 is hybrid between AM/CF. He has a lot of duties in midfield. So I exclude all F9s from CF position too.

Antimadridista1

MRG29276-Optimized.v1431334100.JPG

This style though :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans