11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lomar1o

what the world has come to.. we are discussing whether a player should be showboating or not. what a pathetic, fake world. and if xavi criticized neymar for his tricks, then he can go enjoy gentlemen football in qatar. i'm disgusted.

SKS-

Statistically speaking, Neymar is a very effective dribbler. Its his weapon and one of the main reasons that teams cannot condense on the inside against Barca like they have done in the past. Also, theres a reason defenders just don't rush in when he does the "foot waggle". Neymar has the ability to blow right pass them with either foot and force another defender to contain him, thus creating space for his teammates. If anything, where Neymar can run into trouble is when he gets stagnant and/or begins to extensively dribble horizontally. Neymar & Barca as a whole are most effective when he applies quick pressure to the backline with attacking dribbles.

Nonetheless, with time, I think his decision making will improve to the point where defenders will need to account for his ability to create for others; thus making the "foot waggle" even more a threat.

Regarding the "show boating" or disrespecting the opposition, one would have a case if Neymar only chose to do it late in games with Barca up by two or three goals.

Last edited:

raskolnikov

Neymar is the future best player in the world, you would atleast expect his teammates and coach to defend them when he clearly does nothing wrong.
Its not like he is flipping off the crowd by dribbling and doing tricks.
It annoys me thats its even an issue, paying attention to it or justify thugish behavior of other teams only fuels them in their attempt to convert Neymar to this boring guy without an own identity.

Ekul

Why is there always an issue with Neymar? I feel as though some people will never accept him here at Barca.

Icarium

Lifestealer
It would be great if people stop talking about it already. Guy had an amazing season, let him live in peace.

Hope he will have a wonderful copa America to make his year even more awesome.

ceefoo

I would much rather Neymar 'retaliate' to players' provocative and thuggish behaviour on field by "humiliating" his opponent than lashing out with a violent act and getting sent-off.

What I will add though: Neymar just needs to improve his decision making. When to try the skill. When to make the pass. When to make a run etc. :study:

When we first signed Neymar, I said that we wouldn't start to see the best of him until his second season (at Barca). Actually, even after the record breaking season we've had, we still haven't seen the best of Neymar. There is so much more to come from this guy my fellow culés. You mark my words! :attachment:

Last edited:

mark1nhu

Because it's relevant

Here's various highlights of Ronnie's on the ball moments in Camp Nou against the same team. Lots of showboating. Effective showboating at that (lead to attacks, assists, and goals). You can tell he attempted tricks and nutmegs as well. This was one of his performances that people considered art. The same stuff that people complained that Neymar does. Do I spot Xavi in this video?

Let's imagine for a second if Neymar decided to pass like Dinho, looking to the opposite side of the pass.

:lol:

BerkeleyBernie

Let's imagine for a second if Neymar decided to pass like Dinho, looking to the opposite side of the pass.

:lol:

Let's imagine for a second if Neymar decided to pass. :)

Here's the HUUUUGE difference between Neymar's holding and Ronaldinho's: Ronaldinho is a playmaker, looking ahead- whether it is a (brilliant) pass or a dribble. He is so quick to release the ball, once he has got his step on his marker. Not only that, his dribbling and touch is close control, and his passing weight/accuracy is excellent. Ronaldinho bears far more resemblance to Messi than to Neymar (and what a pleasure to watch the two of them together).

Neymar, on the other hand, is simply taking on one (or two) players. He has no idea what to do next. If he beats his marker, that action is completed, and he's on to figure out what he's going to do next. When have we seen Neymar get a step on his marker and immediately release a brilliant pass like Ronaldinho does multiple times in this video? He simply doesn't think that quick and needs time to figure out options. Ronaldinho is playmaking the entire time he's holding the ball. Beating his marker is just a means to get to the next step of the attack he has already scoped out while holding the ball.

Which is why I prefer Neymar to do his take-ons in dangerous areas, where his slowness of vision is less important.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
We win the treble, Neymar scores in both Quarters, Both semis, and the final. Has an amazing season with lots of goles.... yet people here complain and talk bad about him....amazes me. He is the 3rd best player in the world...[formation=barca,6]
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
[/formation]

Suarez is better than Neymar.
I don't like comparing players but just because Neymar may have a shot at the ballon d'or podium doesn't make him the 3rd best player, nor does his youth.
Lots of the hype is based on future expectations. For now, he's an excellent finisher, brillant even because he's got the skills and confidence to beat his last marker regularly, but also single-minded and lacking vision, both things neymar could plausibly improve upon, but he's not there yet.
He doesn't beat suarez in stats and he doesn't beat him in his all around play. Easily a top 10 player though. Few players can compare to him. Suarez, Robben, Hazard, Verratti, Pogba (?), maybe 2-3 others at most.

FC B

Don't like comparisons either but yes, Suarez is better for the moment. We also must not forget Neymar had brilliant service this season from Messi and Suarez and he didin't assist them not even close as much in return. Neymar is a top class player that can still improve greatly imo so the best out of him is yet to come in my view !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans