11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FC B

of course i want fucking more because it's liverpool and they have the quality to turn a 3-0 . I'm not being greedy i'm being precautious because i know what liverpool are capable off.

Exactly and what a retarded face he made after missing the sitter it didn't look even like feeling sorry for that colossal miss while Messi fell to the ground with his palms on his face :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Ursegor

World Champion
I don't see how injury is an excuse for that miss or not passing to free Rakitic. He's been back for a while now, has been involved in 5 games prior to the Liverpool game, it's not his first game back.

He gives me so much Alexis Sanchez vibes. He might have higher potential than Sanchez, i. e. he's quicker, better dribbling, two-footed (except for finishing apparently :rolleyes:) but he has the same shitty decision making and clownish finishing when he isn't on it. Lacks intensity and looks like playing in the park with friends.

21, so there is hope I guess.

Givenchy

I don't see how injury is an excuse for that miss or not passing to free Rakitic. He's been back for a while now, has been involved in 5 games prior to the Liverpool game, it's not his first game back.

He gives me so much Alexis Sanchez vibes. He might have higher potential than Sanchez, i. e. he's quicker, better dribbling, two-footed (except for finishing apparently :rolleyes:) but he has the same shitty decision making and clownish finishing when he isn't on it. Lacks intensity and looks like playing in the park with friends.

21, so there is hope I guess.

thats his biggest issue imo and one of the most frustrating.. so many times he takes his eye off the ball at the crucial moment and it looks like a lazy attempt. he needs to calm down with his irratic decision making, the talent is there

I've lost count how many times i've seen him beat his man, get to the edge of the box and whip in a blind cross to nobody. if he holds the ball and waits, Leo and Suarez get a tap in

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
thats his biggest issue imo and one of the most frustrating.. so many times he takes his eye off the ball at the crucial moment and it looks like a lazy attempt. he needs to calm down with his irratic decision making, the talent is there

I've lost count how many times i've seen him beat his man, get to the edge of the box and whip in a blind cross to nobody. if he holds the ball and waits, Leo and Suarez get a tap in

There's only one way he improves that aspect of his game, playing time. Something he hasnt had enough of at barca in the last 2 years. He could genuinely be the best player in the world in future if he massively improves his decision making.

Laplacian

2000+mins, 50~ appearances, all considering he's been injured for more than a month and was played as a sub when he was half injured. Can we drop the Valverde doesn't play him enough excuses? He plays almost all the time when he's fit.

Maxim4

not fully fit because of the injury.
but he created 3 chances of danger for Liverpool's defense in 5 minutes, that's huge.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
2000+mins, 50~ appearances, all considering he's been injured for more than a month and was played as a sub when he was half injured. Can we drop the Valverde doesn't play him enough excuses? He plays almost all the time when he's fit.

He's played about 3700 minutes (equivalent of 41 games) in 64 games over the last 2 years... That's clearly not enough time especially considering how disrupted its been due to injuries.The more he plays the better he will get IMO.

I think He has to play @ anfield as well. They wont be able to compress us and press with the same numbers they did in the first leg because of the speed demebele offers us compared to Coutinho.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

He's played about 3700 minutes (equivalent of 41 games) in 64 games over the last 2 years... That's clearly not enough time especially considering how disrupted its been due to injuries.The more he plays the better he will get IMO.

I think He has to play @ anfield as well. They wont be able to compress us and press with the same numbers they did in the first leg because of the speed demebele offers us compared to Coutinho.

442 with 4 players who play as classic CMs: Coutinho-Busquets-Rakitic-Vidal is a way stronger defense than ANY variation where one midfielder is hogging a touchline in defense and defends as a pure winger.

For example, today Arthur, Busquets, Rakitic, Vidal is the strongest possible defensive midfield line, or the one with Roberto, as long as he isn't hogging a touchline too much like against Roma.
So, with Dembele in 442 or 433, you are adding some fear to Liverpool since they can be exploited on counters.
But then, you are losing a lot of midfield's balance and defending if you play Dembele instead of one classical central midfielder.

On the other hand, if you play Dembele, you are getting a double risk:
1. our defense is way weaker
2. and if you create a deadly counter for him, you never know whether he will score Messi-esque goal out of nowhere of pull Alexis Sanchez/Dembele and slip three times in a row, miss the ball or pick the dumbest solution in a box every time.

IQ and logic would say: start 442 with Messi-Suarez, and behind them one out of 3 lineups:
Coutinho-Busi-Raki-Vidal
Busi-Raki-Arthur-Vidal
Busi-Raki-Vidal-Roberto

If a score will be good, Dembele can enter in the last 20-30 minutes.
If a score will be tight, Dembele can again enter in the last 20-30 minutes.

We will probably score at least 1 either way.
And Liverpool will need to attack like crazy and score 5.
Dembele will get a chance in the last 30 minutes, either way.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
442 with 4 players who play as classic CMs: Coutinho-Busquets-Rakitic-Vidal is a way stronger defense than ANY variation where one midfielder is hogging a touchline in defense and defends as a pure winger.

For example, today Arthur, Busquets, Rakitic, Vidal is the strongest possible defensive midfield line, or the one with Roberto, as long as he isn't hogging a touchline too much like against Roma.
So, with Dembele in 442 or 433, you are adding some fear to Liverpool since they can be exploited on counters.
But then, you are losing a lot of midfield's balance and defending if you play Dembele instead of one classical central midfielder.

On the other hand, if you play Dembele, you are getting a double risk:
1. our defense is way weaker
2. and if you create a deadly counter for him, you never know whether he will score Messi-esque goal out of nowhere of pull Alexis Sanchez/Dembele and slip three times in a row, miss the ball or pick the dumbest solution in a box every time.

IQ and logic would say: start 442 with Messi-Suarez, and behind them one out of 3 lineups:
Coutinho-Busi-Raki-Vidal
Busi-Raki-Arthur-Vidal
Busi-Raki-Vidal-Roberto

If a score will be good, Dembele can enter in the last 20-30 minutes.
If a score will be tight, Dembele can again enter in the last 20-30 minutes.

We will probably score at least 1 either way.
And Liverpool will need to attack like crazy and score 5.
Dembele will get a chance in the last 30 minutes, either way.

I was thinking along the same lines but rembered who our coach is. If Liverpool were to get an early goal or two Valverde would wait till the absolute last minutes fo the games to make his. Predetermined substitutions. In essence we'll be potentially facing a Roma v2.
Playing the 442 will give Liverpool free reign to attack at will till we are able to threaten them on the counter. We should have an outlet to kill off the game early rather then risk leaving it too late with the momentum in Liverpools favour.

Last edited:

Total-Football

playing this fella in anfield is the closest thing to playing with 10 men. valverde may be an average coach but he is.not a foul to start a player with amateurish characteristics.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
playing this fella in anfield is the closest thing to playing with 10 men. valverde may be an average coach but he is.not a foul to start a player with amateurish characteristics.
Your hatred is blinding you, try to be a bit more objective.
I don't see the same amount of vitriol direct towards a player that losses the ball, misses multiple easy chances and breakdowns multiple attacks in Suarez.

Potroh

Come on man... you used to have interesting and objective posts with due content... What happened to you???

"Playing with 10 men" and "amateurish"???
You didn't express shit like this towards Munir, Gomes, Denis and the like...
Where does this deeply seeded hatred come from?

Otherwise shitting on your own players with anger and zeal leads nowhere...

Maxim4

Come on man... you used to have interesting and objective posts with due content... What happened to you???

"Playing with 10 men" and "amateurish"???
You didn't express shit like this towards Munir, Gomes, Denis and the like...
Where does this deeply seeded hatred come from?

Otherwise shitting on your own players with anger and zeal leads nowhere...
I think he is a member of the far right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans