11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuchi

Liverpool will put on a fight, they did everything right, besides finishing and 2 defensive mistakes, they will want blood and will put us through hell.

With this being said, this self sufficient prick should have burried that chance, stop the ball and calmly choose the best option. In no universe, that play required him to try a shot from the get go. So fuck off, enjoy the bench, we will prob have 10 minutes of panic on anfield, and this superficial idiot blowing away 2 chances...

Bench his ass untill he learns to respect his colleagues effort. In no way, coutinho is less of a football player than this clown

Yea sure, such a talent, so young, was injured, poor poor him...tired of him not delivering and brain farting 8 out of 10 plays.

#dembfail

Last edited:

Potroh

i thinks salah's angle for the shot and the fact there were 3 players in goal at the time makes his miss smaller than demebele's.
100% agree that if we are idiots enough to squander a 3-0 lead, than it would not be a dembele problem but a team one.

Well said.
A miss is a miss, but not specially the same, as it did not happen at 0:0 but at 3:0 in the very last moment of the game.

Otherwise Salah's miss was sort of the same as Vidal's miss (wrong decision) much earlier. Folks are rightfully praising Vidal for his performance but I don't see posts bashing him for the lost chance...

The hardcore censors of Demble should at least listen to some of the English post-match-analysis, where everyone (the Liverpool fans and English ex-players) say how lucky Liverpool was by Valverde's decision by NOT playing Dembele earlier in the second half or in the entire game!
They all place stress upon the fact that had Dembele played earlier and longer, Liverpool would have been in a much greater trouble.

They say that because they see the entire game (tactically) and not just a single miss, that might happen at anytime...

PhilS

Maybe he can make progress getting back in form against Celta. I hope he starts all of the remaining Liga games, maybe he can become Dembele again in time for the Copa and CL finals. Unless he can do something on the field this weekend, no way he starts in Anfield. The team would be much better off going 4-4-2 than wasting a starting spot for a player who is this badly out of form. There are plenty of midfielders on this squad who can contribute more that what we are currently getting from Dembele, and to a lessor extent, from Coutinho. The desire Roberto showed when his pure effort got the ball to Suarez before Messi's tap in, that's what we need to see.

ATLBarcaFan

I know he struggled yesterday including that terrible miss, but he needs to start on Tuesday, I think his pace will be the key to that crucial away goal. Semedo and Dembele are musts next week.

cro-man

Him missing that chance gives liverpool more hope and us more to work at anfield. Its not only the miss itself its more the way he did it. It was a perfect pass:lol:

BBZ8800

I agree. Start both Semedo and Dembele. Feed Dembele with long balls.

With Dembele on Anfield, we would play 433.
That means 4 midfielders and not 3.
And that means Arthur on the bench again.

I would rather start with Cou-Busi-Raki-Vidal.
Or Arthur-Busi-Vidal-Raki.
Or even Busi-Raki-Vidal-Roberto.

Dembele can enter in the 2nd half when Liverpool will be tired and desperate.
Our 3 men midfield could easily end up eaten alive at Anfield.

CatalinR10

My plan is to hold them off with a busi rakitic vidal arthur midfield

He can come in 2nd half maybe around 60'th minute and end them this time.

Potroh

The team would be much better off going 4-4-2 than wasting a starting spot for a player who is this badly out of form. There are plenty of midfielders on this squad who can contribute more that what we are currently getting from Dembele, and to a lessor extent, from Coutinho.

A 4-4-2 would be once again a cage that Valverde may set up for himself, just a year after the Roma game.
There are rarely two games in a row when a team can be very lucky and escape a game without conceding, although their defenders are slower and bad in 1 on 1.
Salah could almost do whatever he wanted against Lenglet and Alba, and that is not a question of the quantity of midfielders.

Otherwise the meaningful example should be Ajax nowadays, by not playing a different and defensive football when playing outside their own stadium.
In Tottenham they started playing with 3 defenders only and when they attacked there were at least 7 players around the box.
That's modern and brave football...

Nothanks

** Btw, a fun fact, I understand why EV's haters are even more pissed with Liverpool's match.
Not a single one out of 5 forum's favorites played as a starter tonight, yet we won 3:0.
Dumbele, Arthur, Semedo, Malcom, Alena.

hit the nail on the head, it's incredible to see how many "barca fans" are upset with our 3-0 victory in a semi final

must be hard with them predicting that liverpool would dominate us and how their attackers will run circles on our defenders or other random bullshit

serghei

With Dembele on Anfield, we would play 433.
That means 4 midfielders and not 3.
And that means Arthur on the bench again.

I would rather start with Cou-Busi-Raki-Vidal.
Or Arthur-Busi-Vidal-Raki.
Or even Busi-Raki-Vidal-Roberto.

Dembele can enter in the 2nd half when Liverpool will be tired and desperate.
Our 3 men midfield could easily end up eaten alive at Anfield.

It's gonna be either Arthur - Busi - Rakitic - Vidal, or Roberto - Busi - Rakitic - Vidal. The question is between Roberto and Arthur. I'd go with Arthur.

Vidal will be kept in the first 11. 100% sure. Man is fighting for that CL title like a mad man.

MTL_Barca

Don't think he'll start at Anfield. Liverpool will probably try to overwhelm us and take an early lead so we have to survive that and don't think about the counters from first minute.

Maybe he'll get more minutes tho, a single goal for us will most likely win us the tie so Dembele on the field will give them something to worry about if they have to go all out in 2nd half.

Last spot in starting 11 will be decided between Coutinho, Semedo and Arthur imo.

underoath

Banned
It's gonna be either Arthur - Busi - Rakitic - Vidal, or Roberto - Busi - Rakitic - Vidal. The question is between Roberto and Arthur. I'd go with Arthur.

Vidal will be kept in the first 11. 100% sure. Man is fighting for that CL title like a mad man.

It depends on what Barca want to do in the first half. Try attacking them and score, Roberto will play. If hold Liverpool not getting chance after chance will go for Arthur, but he can't defend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans