11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarçaBarça

That miss was unforgivable, but annoyingly people seem to miss that the big chance was there because of his speed from own half, clever dribbling onto defenders, perfect pass to Messi and continued run (and was disturbed by 3rd attacker when he shot).

I'm just saying we shouldn't overreact, and with playing time this weekend I wouldn't worry about starting him instead of Coutinho the 2nd leg.

BarçaBarça

Some people still have a hard time accepting that Barca paid 3x more money for both him and Coutinho. No matter the outcome of the season, those were poorly done deals. Liverpool and Dortmund bled Barca dry. No one should pay that much money for a player for some "flashes" of brilliance throughout the season and then play the rest of the season like a dumbass.

What about the outcome of the next 3 seasons then? Dembele is here for the long run and could be a club great with his potential + already shown qualities.

To be honest, this forum would scream, shout and curse this board to the moon if we bought no one after Neymar betrayed us. I think it is very harsh to judge that Coutinho was a bad deal, not many saw that before hand. And even that said, which alternatives was out there? We just lost Neymar and everyone knew we had truckloads of money..

Maybe we should have saved money, like Real Madrid, and waited for a blank season and then go on a transfer rampage. Nevermind not wasting Messi's last years and settling for the second best.

Havesaks

Who cares if he missed the goal, I did for a couple of minutes, but it won't matter, we will win this tie anyway.

Its absolutely crucial that Dembele doesn't get injuries anymore, and he needs to understand his body better, get better routines in life and the club also needs to put more effort to support and teach him.

henias

Getting real tiresome now. Any players could have made a mistake, even Messi totally missed an open goal against Madrid back in 2018, if he put that away it would have been 4-2.

So what? He came on for less than 5 minutes and missed a chance and his career's over? While Suarez deserves squandering chances after chances, and that's good because he's a striker at the right place and time.

Get over it. Some usual suspects cannot take it because it wasn't 4-0. Still won the tie. If we are good enough and not bottle the 3-0 lead, we will go through.

Potroh

[MENTION=21136]Potroh[/MENTION] I am truly sorry i fuck with your comments but i put you there with the rest of them when it comes to dembele and this has nothing to do with neymar (i am equally pissed with coutinho). whenever one of you post stuff like that i count the sentences that highlight what he brings to the table and the ones with the excuses for his ass, even on some quantitative linguistic shit , the predominant stuff is excuses.yall give him excuses after fucking 700 days at the club.

Well, yes we both know that Dembele's qualities and performances are one of the topics we both seem to differ quite much upon.
Nothing wrong with that though, different opinions and viewpoints simply happen...

Apart from that, the "problem" can be found in how we try to prove our unquestionable truths.

You can see @BBZ's standard approach, which are merely repeated and almost "political" campaigns against different players whom he happened to be disliking, whereas others - including yourself - tend to express similar thoughts, just differently enveloped.

You call me a "Dembele lawyer", and the problem starts there.
You see, I'm well above 60 by now, spent my entire life on different football fields both as a player and later as a coach, so even if I'm anything but fallible, at least I do have a bit of experience.
I've seen thousands of footballers in my life, good ones, bad ones, talented ones (who often disappeared in the reamer) and like anyone else, I also had my favorites - time to time.
But believe me, I'm far from having been the "lawyer" of any given player, specially in a forum like this one.

All I see in Dembele is an exceptional talent, obviously not without drawbacks, stupidities and bad moments, but almost every player has all that, with only a handful of exceptions worldwide.
I simply do like talented, skilled and promising young players, who might become very good and entertaining to watch, or perhaps they disappear after a short time, it simply happens and is included in the nature of the game.

Dembele is simply one of the talents I tend to like and watch, but it doesn't mean that either I'd be emotionally attached to or "defend" him as such.

Barca is an old team by now, with all the key players being above 30, so it's natural that a younger talent tends to be more important in my eyes, specially if you try to imagine how the team will look in 2-3 years from now.

So try to understand please - without entering the detail about Dembele - that the "lawyer-ship" you mention, out of anger and momentary dissatisfaction, is NOT really filling my coat in this case...

bismp

Did he miss a great chance?Yes,he did.

But let's not forget that Salah missed an even bigger chance a few minutes earlier.And the final score was already flattering for our team,so let's not get greedy here.

The tie is 90% over already,scoring a 4th goal wouldn't change much IMO.If we perform so badly in Anfield to lose a 3-0 lead,then a 4-0 lead wouldn't make a big difference.

Andrew M

Getting real tiresome now. Any players could have made a mistake, even Messi totally missed an open goal against Madrid back in 2018, if he put that away it would have been 4-2.

So what? He came on for less than 5 minutes and missed a chance and his career's over? While Suarez deserves squandering chances after chances, and that's good because he's a striker at the right place and time.

Get over it. Some usual suspects cannot take it because it wasn't 4-0. Still won the tie. If we are good enough and not bottle the 3-0 lead, we will go through.

Well said

malvolio

Did he miss a great chance?Yes,he did.

But let's not forget that Salah missed an even bigger chance a few minutes earlier.And the final score was already flattering for our team,so let's not get greedy here.

The tie is 90% over already,scoring a 4th goal wouldn't change much IMO.If we perform so badly in Anfield to lose a 3-0 lead,then a 4-0 lead wouldn't make a big difference.

i thinks salah's angle for the shot and the fact there were 3 players in goal at the time makes his miss smaller than demebele's.

100% agree that if we are idiots enough to squander a 3-0 lead, than it would not be a dembele problem but a team one.

CatalinR10

More golden excuses.

sorry dawg but since you doubted him from the day you saw him and abandoned this thread for some months when he was absolutelly elite , you coming now here to shit on him is pretty cheap , not to mention that you don't deserve to shit on him in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans