11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havesaks

People tend to underrate how good neymar was, just because ev has pulled some magic The last two seasons. Neymar was already really good in season and let alone his first season was better than dembeles 1st and 2nd combined.

Messigician

People tend to underrate how good neymar was, just because ev has pulled some magic The last two seasons. Neymar was already really good in season and let alone his first season was better than dembeles 1st and 2nd combined.

So much this, crazy how far standards have fallen for the left wing position. Dembele wouldn't get a game over David Villa

Havesaks

Well that is true, all tho i don't think its just because Neymar left. It freed him up, can't deny that, but Lucho also played a big, negative role in that regard. Still, because the way Neymar left and because EV transformed this team to an extend no one would have imagined, and we mysteriously won double and are about to win a treble, Neymars contribution is totally underrated by majority of our fan base.

Joan

Valverde would try to set things up differently, for sure. Likes his wingers in Barca operating from half space. Think he'd try the same with Neymar, giving Alba some space wide. He'd probably ask him to let go of the ball, be a countering option... whether he'd succeed or not is another question.

Havesaks

Valverde would try to set things up differently, for sure. Likes his wingers in Barca operating from half space. Think he'd try the same with Neymar, giving Alba some space wide. He'd probably ask him to let go of the ball, be a countering option... whether he'd succeed or not is another question.

This.

behindbrowneyes

Hey it isn't like neymar reflects footballing genius, nor was he bang up consistent his 1st couple years.

Patience here, still a very hot prospect and has had some stretches of phenom play this year. And he doesn't need brilliance in understanding others movement to be a very valuable contributor.

Neymar's second season was first MSN season and Barça played incredible back then. For me, this was GOAT-Neymar in terms of being a winger for Barça. Individually he may had better seasons after that, but became more of a showbunny too and did unnecessary stuff. 2nd season Neymar was like a more skilled Pedro.

Laplacian

Hey it isn't like neymar reflects footballing genius, nor was he bang up consistent his 1st couple years.

Patience here, still a very hot prospect and has had some stretches of phenom play this year. And he doesn't need brilliance in understanding others movement to be a very valuable contributor.

This is genuinely becoming pathetic now. In his second season Neymar scored 39 goals, 10 of them being in the UCL, making him the joint top scorer with Messi and Cr7. Not to mention despite his flamboyance and love for tricks/skills/dribbling, the guy knew how to control and dribble the ball in tight spaces, was excellent at quick short passing, and he had the intelligence to become a major part of our build up play. Meanwhile Dembele fumbles with the ball from a simple pass and takes ages to make a decision so he's pretty much ineffective in build up play.

It's genuinely laughable that you guys are comparing him to Neymar. It was cute in his first season when we didn't know the type of player he'd be for us, now the near the end of his second with all the deficiencies he's shown us it's just fucking laughable.

vuji_31

Ousmane Dembele statistics since joining Barca :

• 65 matchs
• 18 goals
• 17 asists
• 41 games missed (included possible 5 games this season)

41 games means one full season.

ATLBarcaFan

Club needs to have a come to Jesus meeting with this kid, he needs to decide if wants to take football serious and continue to play for one of the biggest clubs in the world. That means get serious on fitness and nutrition and make changes to his lifestyle, otherwise he can go play somewhere else.

Alik

Club needs to have a come to Jesus meeting with this kid, he needs to decide if wants to take football serious and continue to play for one of the biggest clubs in the world. That means get serious on fitness and nutrition and make changes to his lifestyle, otherwise he can go play somewhere else.

Again assuming his injury is his own fault.

Arizona Scott

Yall a beating a dead horse, i already restated many comments before this one it was only neymar 1st season he struggled. Although personally i think his best form was year 3 fall when messi was injured and we still produced a la liga lead bc him (and suarez) were out of this world.

Again, corrected, year 1 neymar struggled yet flashes of brilliance like we have seen of dembele. I also recognize neymar was an important contributing player to multiple trophies. I also contend young neymar like dembele has higher individual skill than his grasp of teammates, sense of when to pass or create/dribble, and overall team footballing iq. Emotionally and motivationaly messi and suarez (and xavi and ineista) often had to work hard to engage neymar and he did go missing some stretches. Doesnt mean neymar wasn't a great player for barca but barca are doing just fine w/o him with dembele and coutinho largely bought from him. We were are closing in 5/6 of the major trophies we have competed with coutinho/dembele in andpost neymar out.

I still say we should have some patience with dembele as he has not had a long stretch of fitness.

Donatello

I played against Argentina's dream-team, all the big-shots of the 80's in the globe, but money matters had never even been public, so the fans mostly tried to pay attention to the game... I'm lucky I played in a different age and also quite unlucky, as with my number of NT appearances I didn't become deadly-rich... just a bit of that...

For real?

IIRC, You also claimed you once coached an Indian football league team. Really, which was that?

Sorry, but I can't believe your claim just like that. There are already a lot of fake imposters out there. (Here's a guy who claims he knows Dembele personally...)

You need to provide at least some sort of credibility to that claim, wouldn't hurt if you could give some details let alone any proof.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

For real?

IIRC, You also claimed you once coached an Indian football league team. Really, which was that?

Sorry, but I can't believe your claim just like that. There are already a lot of fake imposters out there. (Here's a guy who claims he knows Dembele personally...)

You need to provide at least some sort of credibility to that claim, wouldn't hurt if you could give some details let alone any proof.

Maxim4 claimes that he is Dembele's friend.
How in love with him he is, I wouldn't be surprised that he is really his friend.

Potroh says that he was a Hungarian NT player during 80s and played on World cups back then.
And he was a coach after that.
None of that seems to crazy or unbelievable, imo.

I personally believe to Potroh's story, his posts and ideas fit his personal story.
About Maxim4, I am 50:50.

I, on the other hand, know some youth NT players from my country and I have played amateur football against them.
I have been able to follow their overhyped career from the age of 13 to disappearance at the age of 25 and 30, and playing in the 2nd and 3rd division in Croatia, Slovenia, Austria and Germany later in their careers.
From (age 13 or 15): this guy will play for Croatian NT team and AC Milan one day, to: he is playing in a 3rd division in Germany today (age 30).
A part of my hate/caution towards young players and not buying a hype came from my real life friends/neighbors from my area.

Last edited:

Vilarrubi

Maxim4 claimes that he is Dembele's friend.
How in love with him he is, I wouldn't be surprised that he is really his friend.

Potroh says that he was a Hungarian NT player during 80s and played on World cups back then.
And he was a coach after that.
None of that seems to crazy or unbelievable, imo.

I personally believe to Potroh's story, his posts and ideas fit his personal story.
About Maxim4, I am 50:50.

Maxim4 said Dembele was going to Arsenal and some other stupid stuff then disappeared off the forum for months lol I’m thinking more like 5% likely he’s his friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans