11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxim4

Thank you. It's the football intelligence that bugs me the most. People write excuses "they don't like Dembele, Spanish/South American clique, everyone's too slow for me.."
Yet in the fast paced and Francophone French national team, he looks just as isolated in build up as he is in Barcelona. No Valverde, no South Americans, and no old soon to be retirees. The excuses mounting up for his intelligence is incredible.

And yeah I get it, players improve. But how often do players make significant improvements in intelligence and technique during their 20s? Add it to his injury problems I honestly don't see any reason to be patient. Cut our losses and replace him with a quality winger.

he contributed a lot to the team. Go see statistics, he is the second player who has created more chances this season. now enough bullshit.

Potroh

It sucks and at this point our investment doesn't look too hot but selling alone won't fix that. We would have to take a big loss on this and there still wouldn't be a perfect winger for us.

Frankly, either most folks are having some double-personality problems here or they simply love taking part in a childish role-playing game, depicting the accountant of Club Barcelona...

Why in the bloody hell do you talk about Barca's money in first-person plural???
Is it your wallet or your spared euro-cents having been spent?

Be it Messi, Dembele, Coutinho, Boateng or anyone else for that matter, is it the most important factor how much a deadly rich club (which got the Neymar-money almost as an unwanted bonus) spent on a footballer?
Are you participating in a capitally-game in the kitchen or watching football?

Is the damn "big loss" is yours? Is it "ours" - yours and mine, just because you are a fan and support the club?

I hate reading about these financial matters here, because none of us know the details, the actual budgets, and I strongly believe the fan's or supporter's task is to watch, to support the team, also to love and criticize, but we are no way the accountants or presidents to be involved in financial matters!

I do like and follow Barca's team but do you think I'd be interested in the spending or income of a sports-club, geographically almost 2000 kms from my house and wallet???
Isn't is crazy or even deplorably stupid to talk and feel, as if the club's money were your own?

Say that Dembele or Coutinho is horrible, play badly or they are actually an obstacle in every move on the pitch, but the MEASURE of this is not the money that a certain club spent on them, because it is the certain death of the actual game!

Football is not a horse-race where your bet is more important than the actual performance of the horse and his horse-chanter.

I played against Argentina's dream-team, all the big-shots of the 80's in the globe, but money matters had never even been public, so the fans mostly tried to pay attention to the game... I'm lucky I played in a different age and also quite unlucky, as with my number of NT appearances I didn't become deadly-rich... just a bit of that...

MTL_Barca

Frankly, either most folks are having some double-personality problems here or they simply love taking part in a childish role-playing game, depicting the accountant of Club Barcelona...

Why in the bloody hell do you talk about Barca's money in first-person plural???
Is it your wallet or your spared euro-cents having been spent?

Be it Messi, Dembele, Coutinho, Boateng or anyone else for that matter, is it the most important factor how much a deadly rich club (which got the Neymar-money almost as an unwanted bonus) spent on a footballer?
Are you participating in a capitally-game in the kitchen or watching football?

Is the damn "big loss" is yours? Is it "ours" - yours and mine, just because you are a fan and support the club?

I hate reading about these financial matters here, because none of us know the details, the actual budgets, and I strongly believe the fan's or supporter's task is to watch, to support the team, also to love and criticize, but we are no way the accountants or presidents to be involved in financial matters!

I do like and follow Barca's team but do you think I'd be interested in the spending or income of a sports-club, geographically almost 2000 kms from my house and wallet???
Isn't is crazy or even deplorably stupid to talk and feel, as if the club's money were your own?

Say that Dembele or Coutinho is horrible, play badly or they are actually an obstacle in every move on the pitch, but the MEASURE of this is not the money that a certain club spent on them, because it is the certain death of the actual game!

Football is not a horse-race where your bet is more important than the actual performance of the horse and his horse-chanter.

I played against Argentina's dream-team, all the big-shots of the 80's in the globe, but money matters had never even been public, so the fans mostly tried to pay attention to the game... I'm lucky I played in a different age and also quite unlucky, as with my number of NT appearances I didn't become deadly-rich... just a bit of that...

Sorry but what the fuck is wrong with you? Why do you come up with all that shit just because i referred to the club i support as "we" when talking about transfer things? That's just shorter and usually more convenient imo, also English isn't my first language but pretty much every football fan i know and read online uses these terms and it's also not uncommon in english speaking online communities including this forum from what i've read. I have no idea why you make such a big thing out of such a small detail. Bad day? Happens i guess.

Also this was more a response to the people saying we SORRY FC Barcelona should sell and how it was a waste etc. And yeah money is always a concern if we like it or not. A 145M player will get judged differently than a la masia prospect. Selling player for much less than the purchase price will be seen as a failure. There is just too much money involved. Same goes for when we talk about possible reinforcements, i mean if i say i'd like Barca to sign this and that and that other player and they cost a combined 600 million then there is a good chance that wont happen right? If you don't wanna be involved in that fine, but just because you don't care or don't like that doesnt mean that nobody should ever be allowed to mention it anywhere on the internet. So maybe just skip a line here and there instead of typing out all your rage?

It was also just a little side note that should be considered when talking about selling him, again no idea why you are so goddam mad. Some people here write whole long ass posts about the costs of transfers (imo that's fine but it seems to be your personal trigger) but you chose to attack me for mentioning it on a side note? I also don't see the clubs money as my own or anything, what the fuck :lol:

Cool story about your NT career mate, i'm sure that was great. But this whole post was a complete overreaction. Money isn't the all deciding factor, i don't think the clubs money is my own or whatever pseudo psychological bullshit you came up here with for no reason at all as that term is super common everywhere i've ever read or heard discussions between fans.

Anyway, fuck off. Thanks :)

Oh and just to add the topic: I like Dembele a lot and hope he'll make it big at Barca. Still believe he has what it takes to become a starter for years if he stays healthy. I also don't think or hope he'll be sold.

Last edited:

Joan

:lol: Sometimes... a little.

The logic usually goes: the amount of money the club can spend is limited thus if it's invested unwisely, it'll limit future spendings which can, and often does, hurt the club in the long term. Possibly making it hard to compete. As always when fandom is in question, people tend to overreact. Identifying with certain clubs is another omnipresent phenomenon. Also a part of the Internet sport culture.

Nothing to see there, I'd say.

Potroh

Sorry but what the fuck is wrong with you?

Apart from some slight pain in my hip today, thanks, I think I'm still quite all right...

If you wish I'll fuck myself off, but rather don't get mad with me please.
It was not personally addressed to you, your sentence just gave an opportunity to mention this money and price possession by some, actually somethings that truly irritates me for quite some time.

Otherwise a 145M player as you've put it, is just the same as a free guy from the youth team.
You hear the good commentators or experts say x, y or z is a brilliant talent, an outstanding player, but you never hear "X the 123M winger"... It is against the spirit of the game, even if money naturally dominates it, just as it dominates everything else...

But most of the time or even always (by many folks here) comparing the price and wages of a player with his qualities and performances is simply inappropriate.
He came, he was paid for, he was cheap or expensive - doesn't matter. End of that phase. After that it only counts what he does, shows and adds to the team.

Yes, it's a market, where players are bought and sold. True.
But mentioning the high price of a player 2-3 years after he joined is nothing else but a cheap version of nitpicking...

Even if some of the affirmable flops were bought expensive (Arda, Gomes, etc.) those who like the game and the club, get over those financial shit very soon... It's simply not our business, not our call and before all not our decisions to make... Anyway those are partly classified matters, not our businesses at all.

Yes, both Coutinho and Dembele were extremely expensive, but it was due to the Neymar saga and frankly speaking: let it be the problem of the club (either the richest or the second richest, or maybe the 3rd, who cares, globally), the market, the impresarios and the hordes of other folks who make money on a signing.

Anyhow, human trafficking and professional sports are unfortunately not too far from each other, so why to think always of the former part?
I'm only interested in what happens on the pitch...

Last edited:

Maxim4

Sorry but what the fuck is wrong with you? Why do you come up with all that shit just because i referred to the club i support as "we" when talking about transfer things? That's just shorter and usually more convenient imo, also English isn't my first language but pretty much every football fan i know and read online uses these terms and it's also not uncommon in english speaking online communities including this forum from what i've read. I have no idea why you make such a big thing out of such a small detail. Bad day? Happens i guess.

Also this was more a response to the people saying we SORRY FC Barcelona should sell and how it was a waste etc. And yeah money is always a concern if we like it or not. A 145M player will get judged differently than a la masia prospect. Selling player for much less than the purchase price will be seen as a failure. There is just too much money involved. Same goes for when we talk about possible reinforcements, i mean if i say i'd like Barca to sign this and that and that other player and they cost a combined 600 million then there is a good chance that wont happen right? If you don't wanna be involved in that fine, but just because you don't care or don't like that doesnt mean that nobody should ever be allowed to mention it anywhere on the internet. So maybe just skip a line here and there instead of typing out all your rage?

It was also just a little side note that should be considered when talking about selling him, again no idea why you are so goddam mad. Some people here write whole long ass posts about the costs of transfers (imo that's fine but it seems to be your personal trigger) but you chose to attack me for mentioning it on a side note? I also don't see the clubs money as my own or anything, what the fuck :lol:

Cool story about your NT career mate, i'm sure that was great. But this whole post was a complete overreaction. Money isn't the all deciding factor, i don't think the clubs money is my own or whatever pseudo psychological bullshit you came up here with for no reason at all as that term is super common everywhere i've ever read or heard discussions between fans.

Anyway, fuck off. Thanks :)

Oh and just to add the topic: I like Dembele a lot and hope he'll make it big at Barca. Still believe he has what it takes to become a starter for years if he stays healthy. I also don't think or hope he'll be sold.
this guy is not doing well in his head.
😂🤣

Calidad

Dembele is supremely talented and almost entirely unique. He’s genuinely two footed, skilful, dynamic, has excellent vision and is absolutely rapid.

How many other 21 year old wingers in the game have those sort of characteristics? People talk about Sane, well he’s incredibly one footed and doesn’t possess anywhere near the vision that Dembele has. He also isn’t first choice at his club, yet people expect him to come in and “just perform”. Ignoring the fact that his game isn’t particularly suited to Barcelona’s style.

Aside from the fact that the club wouldn’t recover the outlay that was made on Dembele, have we really got to the point that people have no patience with a supremely talented 21 year old winger? If we’re having this same conversation in two years, fine, but currently I can’t believe how spoilt and short-sighted people are.

Aside from Neymar + Hazard I cant really think of anyone who could come in and be as productive as Demebele and both of those players are a number of years older. You can see the Nou Camp crowd want him to do well and there’s a genuine excitement when he gets the ball. If he was a simple pace merchant, I’d get it, but he’s so much more.

Yes he’s sloppy, yes he can give the ball away cheaply, but he offers a set of traits that literally no one else in the squad does and it’s these traits (and potential) that makes him so attractive to basically every top side in the world.

People should be eager to see him develop. EV needs to do more in this regard too. Players like him don’t grow on trees.

jamrock

Dembele is supremely talented and almost entirely unique. He’s genuinely two footed, skilful, dynamic, has excellent vision and is absolutely rapid.

How many other 21 year old wingers in the game have those sort of characteristics? People talk about Sane, well he’s incredibly one footed and doesn’t possess anywhere near the vision that Dembele has. He also isn’t first choice at his club, yet people expect him to come in and “just perform”. Ignoring the fact that his game isn’t particularly suited to Barcelona’s style.

Aside from the fact that the club wouldn’t recover the outlay that was made on Dembele, have we really got to the point that people have no patience with a supremely talented 21 year old winger? If we’re having this same conversation in two years, fine, but currently I can’t believe how spoilt and short-sighted people are.

Aside from Neymar + Hazard I cant really think of anyone who could come in and be as productive as Demebele and both of those players are a number of years older. You can see the Nou Camp crowd want him to do well and there’s a genuine excitement when he gets the ball. If he was a simple pace merchant, I’d get it, but he’s so much more.

Yes he’s sloppy, yes he can give the ball away cheaply, but he offers a set of traits that literally no one else in the squad does and it’s these traits (and potential) that makes him so attractive to basically every top side in the world.

People should be eager to see him develop. EV needs to do more in this regard too. Players like him don’t grow on trees.

This guy gets it

FinBarcelonafan

Amen. He must be one of the best upcoming players in the world. We need patience. I think he will breakthrough next season.

Arizona Scott

Hey it isn't like neymar reflects footballing genius, nor was he bang up consistent his 1st couple years.

Patience here, still a very hot prospect and has had some stretches of phenom play this year. And he doesn't need brilliance in understanding others movement to be a very valuable contributor.

Messigician

Hey it isn't like neymar reflects footballing genius, nor was he bang up consistent his 1st couple years.

Patience here, still a very hot prospect and has had some stretches of phenom play this year. And he doesn't need brilliance in understanding others movement to be a very valuable contributor.

Neymar's second season was incredible, stop spinning that narrative it's disingenuous

Arizona Scott

Neymar's second season was incredible, stop spinning that narrative it's disingenuous

Thought it was year 3 he really became a force but maybe i dont remember correctly. Point is he did take some adjustment to league and to barca, and reasonable dembele would. Dembele 1st part of this year, his 2nd, he was a force.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans