11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarçaBarça

Every other team in the world would die to have him in their team. He is a very special talent, I can't believe we are discussing this!

It is a real shame not to have him on counters this Tuesday, it seems like Coutinho just continues to get second chances, lets see what he can do now.
His injuries also makes the "problem" of having too many quality attackers if Griezmann comes, less of a problem.

Theo Walcott is a more appropriate comparison point than Titi Henry. Perhaps under a more sympathetic (read ‘better’) coach, he might reach the level of consistency Leroy Sané (not a high bar). He’s exciting to watch but he will never be a reliable player for Barça. Tant pis.

Havesaks

A crackhead is the last person to criticize someone's lifestyle. Ignore this crackhead troll.

Dont confuse me with you?

A person thinking FC Barcelona is on Alaves' level without Messi, doesnt have the right to speak up. You are not qualified to have opinions.

Edit: Its funny how you accuse others being addicts, when you admitted being one? Was it 4chan? I think so. What are you even doing there - circlejerking how miserable life is? (Genuine question) :lol:

Last edited:

Havesaks

Pedro's the one who keeps posting 'Let's hope Leo scores against xyz opponent tonight' in Messi's thread.

Then Vilarrubi happened. :lol:

but arent there like 4 guys saying that?

Always thought they were real life companions trying to pull some 'lucky charm'-stuff with all this "lets hope".

Maxim4

Theo Walcott is a more appropriate comparison point than Titi Henry. Perhaps under a more sympathetic (read ‘better’) coach, he might reach the level of consistency Leroy Sané (not a high bar). He’s exciting to watch but he will never be a reliable player for Barça. Tant pis.

lol, Sané (of Senegalese origin) who does not even play in a mediocre team from Manchester. No thanks.

Joan

but arent there like 4 guys saying that?

Always thought they were real life companions trying to pull some 'lucky charm'-stuff with all this "lets hope".

Maybe now. It was Pedro who started the movement, was alone for some time. Then FCB1987 appeared.

Kul_z

Walcott did nothing against some quality opponent in cl, dembele did. Its valverde fault last year, he was fit, and decisive against chelsea, and to reward him like that to be benched against roma is another thing. Dembele is a unique player, nobody has that kind of player but somehow our fanbase is thrilled with signings of sane, mane, sancho, and other pacey players, all of them less skillfull, and slower then dembouz. Give him a break, like xavi said, barca is an ultimate test for a player, you can be the most talented player out there, but the combination of pressure and fast thinking is something that divides best from average.

Vilarrubi

Am I the only one who don't get those mentions when people say let's hope?

I just noticed a few months back that pedro never posted anything else on the forum other than on weekends where he would put “Let’s hope Leo scores against... etc” literally that’s all he’d post :lol: which I found comical. So I started to say it back to him.. then he started to tag me in it every weekend.. then other users started to do it too and it blossomed from there lol

vlad

You hit the nail with that comparation, i hope dembele end up better then theo, at least arsenal didnt pay theo 150m

Vilarrubi

I thought Mbappe was the French Walcott... don’t confuse me.

khaled_a_d

I just noticed a few months back that pedro never posted anything else on the forum other than on weekends where he would put “Let’s hope Leo scores against... etc” literally that’s all he’d post :lol: which I found comical. So I started to say it back to him.. then he started to tag me in it every weekend.. then other users started to do it too and it blossomed from there lol

Pedro's the one who keeps posting 'Let's hope Leo scores against xyz opponent tonight' in Messi's thread.

Then Vilarrubi happened. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Laplacian

What's wrong with you? His potential injury proneness is a question mark. And a legit concern. In fact, most of these posts don't even criticize Dembele for getting injured. Many things touched on in the quoted post. Like his intelligence on the pitch, long periods needed to get back in form, lack of intensity/hard work... in the end, I can't help noticing that a true fan to you is one who supports young players no matter what (or worse, players you like, such as Dembele or Arthur - I presume) but the same policy doesn't extend to older guys (or worse, the ones you don't like). Rakitić, for example. True fans bash them. Carry on :thumbsup:

Thank you. It's the football intelligence that bugs me the most. People write excuses "they don't like Dembele, Spanish/South American clique, everyone's too slow for me.."
Yet in the fast paced and Francophone French national team, he looks just as isolated in build up as he is in Barcelona. No Valverde, no South Americans, and no old soon to be retirees. The excuses mounting up for his intelligence is incredible.

And yeah I get it, players improve. But how often do players make significant improvements in intelligence and technique during their 20s? Add it to his injury problems I honestly don't see any reason to be patient. Cut our losses and replace him with a quality winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans