11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cruyffgeist

Absolutely has to go. Injury-prone, limited potential due to lack of intelligence, and bad attitude. If you got an offer from PSG for over $100 million are you saying you wouldn't take it? I'd swap him for someone like Kai Havertz any day. Better on the ball and much more intelligence (one of his main strengths despite being only 19), and probably about the same speed too. Infinitely better at creating chances too, despite also being able to finish them.

Arizona Scott

In the first half of 15/16 we played some awesome games, even with Messi out injured. Then imploded at the business end of the season. The team simply needs renewal. Just look at Liverpool. Their great advantage over others is their resilience. When they were 3-0 at the Camp Nou and we were carving them open, their defenders still run back like crazy. Messi would never have to pass to either Suarez or Dembele in the final minutes, he would have scored himself if it wasn't for Liverpool defenders closing him rapidly down. Liverpool had to play 3 games in 6 days, we only had to play 2. Yet, they were more physically prepared for the 2nd leg.

Their players played with far more passion and energy over the 180 minutes, they played more cohesively, and their manager but not Barca's made key and timely adjustments/subs, and coached with incredible detail.

On the one hand this was a story seen across the last 4 managers--so that could point to players, but on the other hand would anyone include Valverde (or any of the others including Enrique who was handed a Ferrari and a lap lead for 3 years and managed one CL and one lost La Liga to our nemisis) in a conversation with Klopp or Pep in terms of detail and passion for the game--I don't think so.

I think EV AND a number of players need to go--it was leadership, capability and intensity failure at multiple levels. I think Dembele is not one of them--he should get at least one more season.

Last edited:
The "simple facts" are that these moronic thoughts are for nothing else but finding a few scapegoats (or a single one in this case).
Putting a huge fiasco into the shoulders of a player, a substitute, who just played 4 and a half minutes in a previous game, is madness.
it's not just unfair, it is childish and lacks any logic...

Well said - some folks here seem to apply lots of juvenile logic when it comes to certain players

I see a few people who were bigging up Valverde like he is the greatest coach of Barca are here blaming Dembele. :lol: :lol:

While I know livescore (which is how you most likely watch Barca games), Told you that Liverpool scored 4 goals and that if Dembele scored those sitters then Liverpool would have needed 5 which means Barca would go through.

But if you were to actually watch the game you would have realised that with big dick Valverde squatting on the sidelines doing jackshit while watching Barca get overrun while having no midfield control whatsoever that whatever the score was in Camp Nou , Liverpool would have overturned any result.
Exactly! Anyone who watched the game would realize that Liverpool would have scored whatever number of goals was needed to advance. They actually stopped pressing after the 4th goal - and when they took their foot off the gas, we were still clueless when we had the ball..

FatSuarez

Exactly! Anyone who watched the game would realize that Liverpool would have scored whatever number of goals was needed to advance. They actually stopped pressing after the 4th goal - and when they took their foot off the gas, we were still clueless when we had the ball..

This is the biggest load of crap (and there's lots to go around). All of their goals were easily preventable. There was no world class finishing here, just big defensive lapses. Three of the goals were gifts from us. You could even say all their goals were gifts.
Barça could and should have scored three in the first half.
They gave up as soon as the second one went in. They were too mentally weak to cope. They all got PTSD from the Roma game.

Last edited:

underoath

Banned

Anyone who watched the game again will say that you guys have a memory problem. Take away all of those avoidable mental lapses, probably it's still 1-0. Liverpool had chances, yes but not what you guys making up. Ter Stegen almost stop the 2nd Goal, you guys making up hyperbole claim totally different from fact.

https://youtu.be/WLcVkrWPNys

Last edited:

underoath

Banned
This is the biggest load of crap (and there's lots to go around). All of their goals were easily preventable. There was no world class finishing here, just big defensive lapses. Three of the goals were gifts from us. You could even say all their goals were gifts.
Barça could and should have scored three in the first half.
They gave up as soon as the second one went in. They were too mentally weak to cope. They all got PTSD from the Roma game.

So true, after the 2nd Goal that almost Ter Stegen save. The Roma memories are now in their minds. That's why 2 mental lapses happened again. People here trying all their might to act like Dembele missed means nothing much because Liverpool can score whenever they want but it's actually far from the truth. There's a reason why Messi was disappointed with that missed. Because in his mind, out of 14,000,000 different scenarios Dembele picked the worst :lol:

Laplacian

Absolutely has to go. Injury-prone, limited potential due to lack of intelligence, and bad attitude. If you got an offer from PSG for over $100 million are you saying you wouldn't take it? I'd swap him for someone like Kai Havertz any day. Better on the ball and much more intelligence (one of his main strengths despite being only 19), and probably about the same speed too. Infinitely better at creating chances too, despite also being able to finish them.

He's a bit too ordinary in dribbling for my tastes, I'd love to have him paired up with a dribbling winger like Sancho or Sane on the opposite side. At the very least I want a winger capable of controlling the ball in tight spaces, unlike somebody we have in our club...

Cruyffgeist

He's a bit too ordinary in dribbling for my tastes, I'd love to have him paired up with a dribbling winger like Sancho or Sane on the opposite side. At the very least I want a winger capable of controlling the ball in tight spaces, unlike somebody we have in our club...

Sancho is exceptional but not sure if he's a Barca kind of player. And Sane is not that good at dribbling, he dribbles just like Mbappe and Dembele.

Laplacian

Sancho is exceptional but not sure if he's a Barca kind of player. And Sane is not that good at dribbling, he dribbles just like Mbappe and Dembele.

no lol??

Do you see Dembele ever exhibiting this kind of ball control:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wBWzil1_28

I know its youtube compilation but come on, you can easily see that Sane's ball control and ability in tight areas is far better than the two Frenchmen.

ASordidGod

no lol??

Do you see Dembele ever exhibiting this kind of ball control:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wBWzil1_28

I know its youtube compilation but come on, you can easily see that Sane's ball control and ability in tight areas is far better than the two Frenchmen.

Sane is pretty hit and miss too in terms of dribbling tbf. Can be equally clumsy and careless and is way more predictable. Dembele is frustrating, sure, but I'd take him over Sane. Sane does make good runs though. With messi providing it could be unstoppable. Though him on left would kill Alba, as Sane is a lot more limited when he comes inside, and most effective high hugging the left touchline. Depends what we're looking for. Him left Dembele right could be great, but it would mean Messi false 9.

snowy

Sane's got good moves. On the right, my 1st pick would defo go to Zaha. Dude's a baba yaga nightmare for defenders. Back in Jan, he got Milner red carded in the 3-4 vs Liverpool. He also forced 7 penalties this season alone. Very unpredictable, tricky style that draws players in and along with Hazard, he's been consistently the player drawing the most fouls and free kicks in the EPL over the past 4 years.

+ like Demb, he's equally good with the right and left foot :)
Kudos to Dembouz for his Tackles won per 90 min.

Attachments

• Sq Comparison.jpg
    Sq Comparison.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 12

FC B

Stupid dumbele, knew right away that huge miss is gonna cost a lot but still hoped it won't cost the ticket into the final.

Ofc Barca could've concede more but that's another topic.

FC B

It's not about liverpool being able to score 5,6 10 goals...the team's focus vanished after that 2nd goal so anything was possible, it's about how superficial he treated 1 good chance and 1 sitter in the dying minutes and of course how superficial and idiotic his general behavior is on and off the field. And it's been like this since day one, with little to none signs of improving.

Talented boy, his talent matched only by his stupidity and clumsiness.

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans