11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Potroh

I'd say he is responsible for this shite against Liverpool with fucking this chance, but not for more than 10%.

Really??? 10%?
10% of a 90 min game is 9 minutes. He played four minutes. Missed a big chance, fine, but even by your 10% he is a scapegoat. Fine again...

Then do us a favor please and watch back the 4:1 game against Roma.
Tell me please who missed a great chance at 4:1, then go to his thread, roll it back and see if there was ANYBODY back then to blame that particular player for the entire fiasco, who missed after 4:1!
Because you will also see that this twisted thought somehow NEVER occurred to anyone back then...

FCBfan22

Really??? 10%?
10% of a 90 min game is 9 minutes. He played four minutes. Missed a big chance, fine, but even by your 10% he is a scapegoat. Fine again...

Then do us a favor please and watch back the 4:1 game against Roma.
Tell me please who missed a great chance at 4:1, then go to his thread, roll it back and see if there was ANYBODY back then to blame that particular player, who missed after 4:1!
Because you will also see that this twisted thought somehow NEVER occurred to anyone back then...

Sorry, I forgot that those 10% are if we REALLY stretch it. Anything else is absolute insanity.

(Wanted to write 5 first, but said fuck it, because some people wouldn't even read, because of the single digit number)

booge

To blame is manager and coutinho, that's about it. With Coutinho on the pitch Barca always get outplayed , as soon as you take him off, things better,

how that isnt obvious to anyone, especially a footballing manager i will never know.

Andrew M

We can't just blame Valverde for how bad we are away from home in CL because we took a pounding away to Juve and PSG before he arrived.

underoath

Banned
As FCBfan22 said while Dembele can be blamed for the sitters, it wouldn't change much as Barca were getting bodied by Liverpool in Anfield (They were the better team in Camp Nou aswell) . And would have ended the tie in ET.

If only the man you were hailing just a few days ago as a great and amazing coach had an actual system, or learned from his mistakes, or brought Arthur in earlier etc.

For me its just shows how pathetic you are when you have been more active in this thread shitting on this kid than in the Valverde thread who orchestrated two bottle jobs in two years and made us arguably the biggest laughing stock in the CL

That sitter would change a lot, even Messi reacted to that horrendous shot. The difference, the Liverpool subs took the opportunity that was given to them and resulted to Goals. Putting Arthur there can't change Alba's blunders and Pique gave a free header. But Arthur sub in the 2nd half will be better choice if not him as a starter.
Valverde orchestrated Alba's blunders, the free headers and that fcking 4th Goal ? Yeah sure make him as a scapegoat, atleast Suarez is man enough to admit their lapses

Last edited:

messi2140

6racies Xavi
That sitter would change a lot, even Messi reacted to that horrendous shot. The difference, the Liverpool subs took the opportunity that was given to them and resulted to Goals. Putting Arthur there can't change Alba's blunders and Pique gave a free header. But Arthur sub in the 2nd half will be better choice if not him as a starter

If you wanna use those kind of silly arguments , I can do that aswell. If Liverpool and Barca both took their chances in the Camp Nou it would have been 5-2 --> Which means Liverpool needed just 3 goals instead of 4 to knock Barcelona out.

Now you tell me if Liverpool would have been able to overturn a 5-2 lead ? :lol: :lol:

underoath

Banned
If you wanna use those kind of silly arguments , I can do that aswell. If Liverpool and Barca both took their chances in the Camp Nou it would have been 5-2 --> Which means Liverpool needed just 3 goals instead of 4 to knock Barcelona out.

Now you tell me if Liverpool would have been able to overturn a 5-2 lead ? :lol: :lol:

What happened to Liverpool in the first leg happened to Barcelona in the 2nd leg. Don't act like Barcelona don't have clear chances specially in the first half.

Now after Liverpool score the 2nd Goal Barcelona collapse and lose their focus. This is the same thing happened in the first leg to Liverpool, Barcelona getting more chances to score but didn't. While Liverpool getting more chances to acore and they did. Now that's the difference, Dembele's missed was BIG because the sub of Liverpool didn't missed theirs.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
What happened to Liverpool in the first leg happened to Barcelona in the 2nd leg. Don't act like Barcelona don't have clear chances specially in the first half.

Now after Liverpool score the 2nd Goal Barcelona collapse and lose their focus. This is the same thing happened in the first leg to Liverpool, Barcelona getting more chances to score but didn't. While Liverpool getting more chances to acore and they did. Now that's the difference, Dembele's missed was BIG because the sub of Liverpool didn't missed theirs.

I was just trying to prove how silly those arguments can get. But it seems you didnt get it.

Centauri B

We can't just blame Valverde for how bad we are away from home in CL because we took a pounding away to Juve and PSG before he arrived.

Take out season 14/15. We have been mediocre to bad away from home. Another thing that many seem to forget, the 2nd leg vs Bayern in 2015, was shaping up to be something similar. Bayern score an early goal, then miss two great chances. Thankfully, due to Pep's suicidal tactics, Messi released Suarez on the right who found a free Neymar in front of Bayern's goal. That was it. Then, the same thing happened and Bayern needed to score 6. Mind you, they again dominated us in the 2nd half, scoring another 2 goals. Being monsters at the Camp Nou, and nobodies away from home seems to be the Barca way. FML.

Centauri B

To me it seems pretty clear that Liverpool played better at the Camp Nou than we did at Anfield.

In both games, Liverpool had the territorial superiority. Their possession was inside our own half, our possession was inside our own half. In this respect you are absolutely right. In terms of chances created, we were exactly the same. xG over both legs was at 3.7 for both teams -> and that includes the most infamous corner in Champions League history. So, in terms of overall play, yes Liverpool were better in both legs. In terms of creating chances, we were better (we did in fact find space, well, Messi did)

Andrew M

Take out season 14/15. We have been mediocre to bad away from home. Another thing that many seem to forget, the 2nd leg vs Bayern in 2015, was shaping up to be something similar. Bayern score an early goal, then miss two great chances. Thankfully, due to Pep's suicidal tactics, Messi released Suarez on the right who found a free Neymar in front of Bayern's goal. That was it. Then, the same thing happened and Bayern needed to score 6. Mind you, they again dominated us in the 2nd half, scoring another 2 goals. Being monsters at the Camp Nou, and nobodies away from home seems to be the Barca way. FML.

That Bayern was a strong side and I would expect to lose there. The difference was that our team had the ability to score away from home in that season. I recall also that we trashed PSG away. Pep himself has said recently that that was one of the best teams he has ever faced as coach.

Centauri B

That Bayern was a strong side and I would expect to lose there. The difference was that our team had the ability to score away from home in that season. I recall also that we trashed PSG away. Pep himself has said recently that that was one of the best teams he has ever faced as coach.

Yes, because when Messi was spreading the ball back then, it would go to a still prime Suarez and/or a Neymar (not Dembele, Coutinho, Alba, Vidal, past-it Suarez) Also Pep's Bayern was wide open at the back.

I still can't fathom how we lost to Atleti in 2016. One more in our CL failure anthology.

Andrew M

Yes, because when Messi was spreading the ball back then, it would go to a still prime Suarez and/or a Neymar (not Dembele, Coutinho, Alba, Vidal, past-it Suarez) Also Pep's Bayern was wide open at the back.

I still can't fathom how we lost to Atleti in 2016. One more in our CL failure anthology.

Yeah I agree with you there, we started 2015-16 on fire and somehow fucked it up against a team we routinely beat in La Liga.

Centauri B

Yeah I agree with you there, we started 2015-16 on fire and somehow fucked it up against a team we routinely beat in La Liga.

In the first half of 15/16 we played some awesome games, even with Messi out injured. Then imploded at the business end of the season. The team simply needs renewal. Just look at Liverpool. Their great advantage over others is their resilience. When they were 3-0 at the Camp Nou and we were carving them open, their defenders still run back like crazy. Messi would never have to pass to either Suarez or Dembele in the final minutes, he would have scored himself if it wasn't for Liverpool defenders closing him rapidly down. Liverpool had to play 3 games in 6 days, we only had to play 2. Yet, they were more physically prepared for the 2nd leg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans